PDA

View Full Version : Unit Logs?

gelliott
11-10-09, 01:33 PM
We had an appointment with our state service rep yesterday and he had some suggestions for info I need before filing a claim appeal.
Doctor wrote a wonderful letter which states "In my opinion" ... state rep wants us to take this letter back to the doc and have him include all reference material he used for his opinion... Has anyone else done this?
The VA rep is also asking for unit logs???? I have no idea how to get these, or if it is even possible! Any help would be wonderful!

Thank you for any help

FistFu68
11-10-09, 02:06 PM
:usmc: Headquarters Marine Corps Quantico,not St.Louis;plus they will only give you 3 months worth at a crack.Not enough Manpower plus it's a Bear looking at all those names.Tell that Bastard Your word of a Former US.Marine should speak 4 itself and thank him very Much for being such a Fucing AZZH**E :mad: :iwo:

gelliott
11-10-09, 02:32 PM
Thank you for the information. I am completely lost with all of this. Just when I think I have it figured out, some one comes along and changes the game plan on me.
I am posting here for my husband. We are trying to piece together his time in the GW. He was diagnosed with brain cancer 12/08 and most memories are gone. The more we find seems to help him, as I read names, places, etc at times he can put more with the info, but usually not much. It is very frustrating to say the least for both of us.
I will tell the service rep to request the information he needs....
Again Thank you,
Candie

Riven37
11-11-09, 08:46 AM
You can start here http://www.archives.gov/

We had an appointment with our state service rep yesterday and he had some suggestions for info I need before filing a claim appeal.
Doctor wrote a wonderful letter which states "In my opinion" ... state rep wants us to take this letter back to the doc and have him include all reference material he used for his opinion... Has anyone else done this?
The VA rep is also asking for unit logs???? I have no idea how to get these, or if it is even possible! Any help would be wonderful!

Thank you for any help

gelliott
11-11-09, 07:58 PM
Thank you!

Deduke
11-12-09, 09:10 AM
Contact the Marine Corps Archives at http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/mcu/MCRCweb/Archive/default.htm

They will research everything they have and send it to you on a CD. Several CAP Marines ordered the Daily Command Chronologies for all 4 CAGS, and the ladies at the archive burned the CD on the spot.

gelliott
11-12-09, 09:15 AM
Contact the Marine Corps Archives at http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/mcu/MCRCweb/Archive/default.htm

They will research everything they have and send it to you on a CD. Several CAP Marines ordered the Daily Command Chronologies for all 4 CAGS, and the ladies at the archive burned the CD on the spot.
Thank you!

oldtop
11-12-09, 09:37 AM
Do not expect your service rep to get the information YOU need to prove your claim. His job is to tell you what is necessary for you to provide to support and win your claim, he has done that...it is YOUR responsibility to obtain and provide the necessary documentation. That said, you can contact the national archives in DC for the info you need.

gelliott
11-12-09, 09:56 AM
Do you know if they will give me the information, or will it need to be requested by my husband?
Thank you for the information

gelliott
11-12-09, 10:12 AM
Thank you everyone that posted. I just called and spoke to the archivist at the Alfred M. Gray Research Center, she will go through the Daily Command Chronologies and send all four available. And just as a note and future reference if someone may need it, she was very surprised I was calling, she said it is the responsibility of the service rep to get this type of information.
Again thank you,