PDA

View Full Version : Bringing the Marine Corps Ball to Dave

Marine84
11-10-09, 06:16 AM
Good morning Sunshine and Happy 234th! Since you can't get out to celebrate our birthday, we're bringing the party to YOUR house!

Here are a few Birthday greetings for you.....................

Much more than a Marine!

Dave.....thanks to you, many fine young men have earned their EGA. Your help and support have been the building blocks of a great experiance for them. My very best to you and your family on this 234th Birthday of the Marine Corps. I pray that you are able to celebrate the 235th too! Semper Fidelis Brother......................DOC GREEK

Happy Marine Corps Birthday!
I love you Brother!
Semper Fi,
ROCKY

Happy Birthday Marine! Gosh Dave you are sure getting old but I guess I'm in the same boat as you Brother. You have the best day you can and prayers are outbound as always. ROSE & JIM (P.S. I know something you don't know HEHEHE................SGT JIM

To one of the bravest Marines we know and to a job well done in the way you've helped young Poolees and Recruits. GOD BLESS YOU DAVE BLAYLOCK! SEMPER FI MY BROTHER........................ED

Dave - on this, our Birthday celebration, let us not forget the celebration of life. Yours has been full and meaningful. The time you've given others is not measurable. For this I say THANK YOU and am proud to call you Brother and Friend. Semper Fidelis, ALLAN (BIGAL)

Dave - I hope this important day finds you doing well. Wish I could be there with you. I sure do love and respect you and would have been honored to have served on active duty with you. A Big Salute goes out to you on this Marine Corps Birthday and I hope you have many more to go.
Once a Marine Always a Marine we all love you.
Semper Fi
BUDDY

To a Marine's Marine, Happy Birthday Brother STEVE VICARS aka GSEMarine94

Have a great day my (waaaaaaaaaaay) older Brother! Semper Fi and (again) Happy Birthday! Love ya......................Kim

And, don't forget, ALWAYS open your door when someone knocks on it..................................;)

Isrowei
11-10-09, 06:47 AM
Dave, sometimes it's hard to know what exactly to say to someone who has given so much of themselves. Despite your personal challenges, you have continually invested yourself many, many times over into the Marines, recruits, and poolees that have passed through this site over the years. Bless you, thank you. Your life has lived "Semper Fidelis." It's an honor of immense proportion to know you and to call you friend. This is a special day for us as Marines. Happy Birthday David Blaylock. Happy Birthday, Marine!

jetdawgg
11-10-09, 07:10 AM
Dave, sometimes it's hard to know what exactly to say to someone who has given so much of themselves. Despite your personal challenges, you have continually invested yourself many, many times over into the Marines, recruits, and poolees that have passed through this site over the years. Bless you, thank you. Your life has lived "Semper Fidelis." It's an honor of immense proportion to know you and to call you friend. This is a special day for us as Marines. Happy Birthday David Blaylock. Happy Birthday, Marine!
:thumbup:

NoRemorse
11-10-09, 07:14 AM
When I first came to this site you were ever present on overwatch, Dave. You were one of the guys I picked up on immediately.

You're a Marine's Marine, even when you're not on as much... you're still on as much. You're a gift from God, no matter how humble you might feel about it. Before recruits step on the yellow footprints some of them learn knowledge and feel motivation from you. They bring it back tenfold and pass it on to more of our future brothers.

At the same time you motivate us; you perservere. There could be two on your right and none on your left and you would still hold. That's the type of man you are, Dave.

Happy Birthday, God bless, Godspeed and Semper Fidelis my brother.

thedrifter
11-10-09, 07:30 AM
Happy Birthday Marine!

God Bless

Ellie

sparkie
11-10-09, 07:37 AM
The one and only party I would want to attend,,, Here's to ya, Marine.

Rocky C
11-10-09, 07:44 AM
Happy Marine Corps Birthday!
I love you Brother!
Semper Fi,
ROCKY

Ps. GREAT JOB KIM Putting All This Together !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't Wait Till Dave see's The Rest ;)

Osotogary
11-10-09, 08:02 AM
Happy 234th Birthday, Dave. You and the way you have lived your life, since I have known you, brings to mind a song that is just seems to fit everything that has been going on lately with you and those who care for you and administer to your needs.

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother

The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows where
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother
So on we go
His welfare is of my concern
No burden is he to bear
We'll get there
For I know
He would not encumber me

If I'm laden, at all
I'm laden, with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share
And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all
He ain't heavy he's my brother
He's my brother

Adios, for now. Enjoy your day.
Gary

Thank you, Kim, for what you have done. It is impressive as h*ll, but more than that, it is heartfelt. Good work.

0331 2 0369
11-10-09, 08:10 AM
Dave:
Want to tell you a short story and how you are tied in to it this year as we celebrate our birthday.

I retired from the Corps on March 31st of 2008. I started working here at the (FBI)Academy in Quantico on April 2nd of 2008. As time came close to our birthday, I started asking questions about what all the Marines here do for our birthday since so many of us work here. The more and more I asked that question, the more and more I got discouraged from hearing the word "nothing". A few people say they get a couple of people together and go have a drink after work but nothing was ever done here. Me being fresh out of the Corps and a motivated grunt, I figured I could put something together. I went to a active duty SgtMaj I know and asked for his help in guiding me through it. The same as you have done to many poolies and junior Marines here. Well I pulled it off last year and it went good.

This year I have gone a little bigger and better due to more prior planning on my part. Last year after the Ceremony, I talked for about 3 minutes on what the Ceremony means to me and so many Marines throughout our great nation and what it represnts. This year, you are my inspiration for what I want to say. I am going to talk about the brotherhood/sisterhood that we all share regardless of if we served yesterday or today. That brotherhood/sisterhood that we share means we are always there to help each other out with any situation. To share our knowledge we have gained and to pass it on to the young Marines that are coming up in our Corps.

You have most definitely been an inspiration to so many Marines and you always be an excellent example of what a Marine is and should be.

Semper Fi and Happy Birthday my brother.

GSEMarine94
11-10-09, 08:13 AM
Good morning and happy birthday Dave, you exemplify our beloved moto. Semper Fi. :flag:

jinelson
11-10-09, 08:22 AM
Happy Birthday Dave, the skipper said it all bro. You have been a great help to many and a friend and brother to all. Its a great honor to call you brother. May God bless and keep you with us and cut you some slack on those bad days.

Semper Fidelis

Jim

hrscowboy
11-10-09, 08:47 AM
OORahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh My brother happy birthday you ole rip wish i could be there...

Phantom Blooper
11-10-09, 09:30 AM
HAPPY 234th MARINE CORPS BIRTHDAY CPL DAVID BLAYLOCK USMC:flag:

"LOVE"

"THE WONDERFUL LOVE OF A BEAUTIFUL MAID,

THE LOVE OF A STAUNCH, TRUE MAN,
THE LOVE OF A BABY,UNAFRAID,
HAVE EXISTED SINCE TIME BEGAN.

BUT THE GREATEST OF LOVES,
THE QUINTESSENCE OF LOVES,

EVEN GREATER THAN THAT OF A MOTHER,
IS THE TENDER, PASSIONATE, INFINITE LOVE,

OF ONE DRUNKEN MARINE FOR ANOTHER"

General Louis H. Wilson 26th Commandant USMC 1975-1979
:usmc:

Semper Fidelis!

:evilgrin:

davblay
11-10-09, 09:58 AM
Again you guys have humbled me to tears. This is the best Marine Corps Birthday I have ever witnessed, thank you all.

I feel like I am AWOL from writting the letters though! I feel like I am letting them down. GOD BLESS them, they are our future!

Semper Fi, my family, Semper Fi,

Dave

Osotogary
11-10-09, 10:57 AM
You do realize, Dave, that because of you alot of us are who we are now, in what we do, how we do it and when we do it. We may have all of these traits from past training and upbringing but you, my friend, brought us a refresher coarse. Please do not feel AWOL there is absolutely no need to, as far as I am concerned. Just keep doing what you can and that will be more than enough for now... until you decide to do more.:)
Adios, for now. Enjoy the festivities.
Gary

Quinbo
11-10-09, 11:26 AM
Happy Birthday Marine!
From the day you got to this site you have lead from the front and been an example for all to emulate. I am proud to call you brother!

charm1110
11-10-09, 12:39 PM
Happy Birthday Dave,

I am proud to have you as a friend and brother, you are the "Esprit de Corps" that we talk about in the flesh and I am honored to know you.

Semper Fidelis my brother!:usmc:

Marine84
11-10-09, 04:03 PM
The day ain't over with yet folks............................

Isrowei
11-10-09, 04:13 PM
I suppose it might be too hokey to say "the eagle has landed"... so... Cake has been had!

Happy Birthday Dave!

temarti
11-10-09, 04:25 PM
Happy Birthday Dave! Semper Fi!

Marine84
11-10-09, 04:57 PM
WOOHOO! :banana:

Rocky C
11-10-09, 05:04 PM
So The Cake has Landed???

Happy Birthday Capt. Joe !!!

Kim, is someone posting Pictures later???

Semper Fi,
Rocky

davblay
11-10-09, 05:32 PM
Just when you think you've seen it all, you guys come up with a bombshell. This afternoon someone knocked at my door. There was two fine looking Marines bearing gifts, one had a beautiful Marine Corps Birthday Cake and the other a bouquet of flowers. :marine:

I thank GOD that I have had a good day, pain wise, so I could visit with them for about 30-45 minutes.

I got a Call from Isrowie a few minutes after they left, we talked several minutes, a fine man and officer he is!

This has ben the most memorable day in my lifetime, and I shall never forget it. Thanks to Isrowie, Marine84 and Bigal plus so many others that made this day a possibility. If I can ever return the favor, please let me know.

I wish I could say more, but for now my cancer pain is coming back, gotta take meds and rest.

Thanks again, GOD BLESS you all and SEMPER FI. I love you all.

Dave

MontezumaCpl
11-10-09, 05:37 PM
Happy Birthday Dave. Semper Fi! Glad you got some cake and some quality time with some Brother Marines!

Semper Fi!!!

Rocky C
11-10-09, 05:38 PM
Just when you think you've seen it all, you guys come up with a bombshell. This afternoon someone knocked at my door. There was two fine looking Marines bearing gifts, one had a beautiful Marine Corps Birthday Cake and the other a bouquet of flowers. :marine:

I thank GOD that I have had a good day, pain wise, so I could visit with them for about 30-45 minutes.

I got a Call from Isrowie a few minutes after they left, we talked several minutes, a fine man and officer he is!

This has ben the most memorable day in my lifetime, and I shall never forget it. Thanks to Isrowie, Marine84 and Bigal plus so many others that made this day a possibility. If I can ever return the favor, please let me know.

I wish I could say more, but for now my cancer pain is coming back, gotta take meds and rest.

Thanks again, GOD BLESS you all and SEMPER FI. I love you all.

Dave

Happy Marine Corps Birthday Dave :flag:

We All Love Ya Brother.
God Bless and Rest Well.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Isrowei
11-10-09, 05:44 PM
Always Faithful Dave. Glad we could give something back.

linda1945
11-10-09, 05:50 PM
Happy Birthday Dave! You have truly shown us what a True Marine is my friend! God bless you!!
Semper Fi
Linda

Phantom Blooper
11-10-09, 05:51 PM
OUTSTANDING JOB MARINES!

BRAVO ZULU!

SEMPER-FI!:flag:

:evilgrin:

Zulu 36
11-10-09, 05:54 PM
Happy Birthday, Marine! See you at the next one, y'hear?

Always thinking of you Dave.

Marine84
11-10-09, 05:58 PM
It was the Captain's fault................he pulled rank!

GOOD! Now I can relax..................it went without a hitch. Well..................except when the florist called me about 1330 and asked if I had forgotten about the arrangement.

I told you this morning we were bringing the party to YOUR house. You guys NEVER listen to me! LOL!

sscjoe
11-10-09, 06:20 PM
God Bless you Kim for looking out for Brother Dave. Wish I could have joined him in the celebration in person. I know all of us were there in spirit, Semper Fi Dave and Happy Birthday to all my Brothers and Sisters

Sgt Jim
11-10-09, 06:40 PM
Happy Birthday Marine,enjoy the cake.hope you had a good day and ate a bunch of cake.please dont ever think you let any of us down.we will aways be here for you now as you have been here for other Marines and poolies.God bless you and your family,Semper Fi Dave,Rose and Jim

SGT7477
11-10-09, 06:56 PM
Happy Birthday Dave, one fine CPL of Marines, Semper FI Brother.

Wyoming
11-10-09, 09:06 PM
It was the Captain's fault................he pulled rank!

GOOD! Now I can relax..................it went without a hitch. Well..................except when the florist called me about 1330 and asked if I had forgotten about the arrangement.

I told you this morning we were bringing the party to YOUR house. You guys NEVER listen to me! LOL!

84 was ****ing stressed out. All day! I ain't gonna tell you what the Cap'n and I had to do to calm her down. 84 handled the goodies and the Cap'n made it happen.

The Marines that brought the goodies to Dave, on our Birthday, are to be commended.

It truly is Semper Fidelis.