PDA

View Full Version : Pay at Recruit Training

JWeber
11-09-09, 05:53 PM
I am sure there has been a topic regarding this or at least similar. I have done searches and can't seem to find anything, as well as having spent a fair amount of time reading all the other topics on these forums.

But to the point, my question is as follows: I was wondering about the pay you receive while at Training. I have read that you don't get any pay til you have completed your training instead of monthly. Is that true, or do you still receive pay monthly (obviously direct deposited into your account)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Marines!

josephd
11-09-09, 06:07 PM
You receive monthly pay just as if you were out in the fleet but it isn't much considering alot is taken out to cover different expenses and uniforms. And then you will be buying quite a bit of miscellaneous stuff from the recruit PX for your platoon.

It isn't really going to matter much anyway though because you will not have access to that account until you graduate really (you get a debit card but you don't have the opportunity to buy stuff and withdraw money anytime you want).

rktect3j
11-09-09, 06:08 PM
Where do you plan on spending your money while in boot camp?

JWeber
11-09-09, 06:23 PM
I didn't really plan on buying much of anything. I just have a few obligations here at home, so, I was hoping I could make the funds available to whoever I set with the power of attorney to manage my obligations while I am at training. I have done a lot of reading and have seen some expenses (like the initial 250-300 they advance you for the PX).

I do appreciate the help and if it wasn't for Marines like you guys (or gals) then a lot of us seeking the title would be left clueless on lots of topics. Your knowledge is invaluable.

Thank God for the Marine Corps.

josephd
11-09-09, 06:27 PM
POA is not going to do anything because they won't have access to your account anyway. Your Senior Drill Instructor will be able to help you send funds home if you need to.