View Full Version : Golden Corral Free Meals for Veterans 16 Nov 2009

jetdawgg
11-09-09, 10:18 AM
Golden Corral
Military Appreciation Monday
Free "Thank You" Dinner
Monday, Nov. 16, 2009,
5 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Golden Corral's 9th annual Military Appreciation Monday dinner will be held on Monday, November 16, 2009, from 5 to 9 pm in all Golden Corral restaurants nationwide.

The free dinner meal is a special "thank you tribute" to any person who has ever served in the United States Military. If you are a veteran, retired, currently serving, in the National Guard or Reserves, you are invited to join us for Golden Corral's Military Appreciation Monday dinner.

To date, Golden Corral restaurants have provided over 2.2 million free meals and contributed over $3.3 million to the Disabled American Veterans

organization. To locate a Golden Corral near you, visitwww.goldencorral.com/locator .

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the date this year?
Monday, November 16

What identification do I need to provide?
No identification is required for the service member

Who is eligible for the free "thank you" dinner?
Any person who has served in the US Military (retirees, veterans, active duty, National Guard or Reserves)

Why does Golden Corral provide this dinner?
Our Corporation is very proud of the men and women who are serving and who have served and we are honored to offer this special night to congratulate them in person.

Can I bring my family?
We know that spouses, children, and mothers and fathers deserve a heart-felt thank you too for their own personal sacrifices here at home. Family and friends are welcome to come join the celebration for our military heroes; however, the free 'thank you' dinner is for the person who served, other guests will pay the regular dinner menu pricing.

Why is the Military Appreciation Monday dinner not on Veterans Day?
Golden Corral does not hold the Military Appreciation Monday 'thank you' dinner on Veterans Day because we do not want to interfere with a veteran's parade or other scheduled event.

I have to work on November 16, can I come another date?
Nov 16 is the designated special night to honor all military personnel and thank them for their service. The dinner preparations leading up to and including this night are a tremendous operational challenge for all 485 Golden Corral restaurants. There are literally hundreds of co-workers in each restaurant, plus the management team, food distribution companies, printing of materials, scheduling the DAV representatives, etc that need to be coordinated for this one single night. Golden Corral restaurants usually serve over 325,000 guests on this single night.

Can I have a rain check for another night?
There are no rain checks for November 16. We hope you can arrange your schedule to join us.

Can I have my free "thank you" meal as a take-out meal?
There are no take-out meals associated with this dinner as most veterans feel that this is a great opportunity to renew old friendships, make new friends, and simply enjoy the evening as Golden Corral's special guest.

How many meals has Golden Corral served over the past 8 years of Military Appreciation Monday?
Golden Corral restaurants have served over 2.156 million free 'thank you' meals to our heroes in the military over the past 8 years.

How much has Golden Corral donated to the Disabled American Veterans over the past 8 years?
Golden Corral restaurants and their guests have donated over $3.27 million dollars to the Disabled American Veterans organization in the past 8 years.

http://www.goldencorral.com/military/