PDA

View Full Version : 8 year old girl made this Marine cry ...

Tracylaud83
11-08-09, 07:51 PM
I took my wife and 2 of my sons, to Clearwater Veterans Appreciation day 5th Annual Events on 11/7/09 at the brighthouse field.
(A 2 hour drive away)
I was in Uniform, and had a great time.
I met Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Civilians, Vets, SEALS, PJ's, Rangers, and so on.
Watched the Coast Guard Silent Drill Team (from D.C.), and High School drill teams. Met Rear Admiral D. B. Lloyd, and his staff.
Thanked him and the local Mayor, Shook hands and thanked the members of the Silent Drill Team.
Had a GREAT time.
As we were getting ready to leave, and getting some drinks out of the trunk, for the long drive back home, a car stopped behind us, and a gentleman and a young girl got out.
The man stated that his daughter had something to say to me.
I got down on a knee, and said "yes mam"
The girl said "Thanks for being my soldier", and handed me a Challenge Coin. One side said thanks for being my soldier, The other side has "I Salute You", and has her name and date of birth, (She's 8 years old)
when I finished reading it, I looked up, and this little girl was Saluting me.
I stood up, came to Attention, and returned the Salute of this little girl. I then turned and Saluted the dad. The girl then gave me a hug.
They got in their car, and left.
I got in my car, and cried for 10 min. My wife and kids didn't say anything.
That little girl from Tampa (Ms. Wieser), means more to me than any of the Brass and Big Wigs, that I met that day.
GOD BLESS OUR YOUTH.
Semper-Fi

SSGT Tracy Laudenslager
U.S.M.C. 1983 - 1996
Ocala, Fl.

firedog974
11-08-09, 07:55 PM
Great story...it brought a tear to my eye.
Semper Fi!!!!

sparkie
11-08-09, 08:02 PM
Outstanding, Tracy.

usmcmsf
11-08-09, 09:32 PM
That girl was brought up by outstanding parents.:usmc:

itzs4m
11-09-09, 09:05 AM
that was a very inspirational story.

jackson07
11-09-09, 09:12 AM
What a truly amazing story.

Zebra29er
11-09-09, 10:13 AM
It dose give you hope doesn't it

Thank you S.Sgt. for sharing with us.

0331 2 0369
11-09-09, 10:25 AM
OK.... who's got the tissue.

rb1651
11-09-09, 11:58 AM
Eyeballs are leakin' after that one. Thanks for sharing.

USMCM38A1
11-09-09, 10:03 PM
You know speaking for myself I fell off a ladder earlier this year on to a piece of 2 inch pipe shattered my cheekbone broke my orbital and broke numerous places in my sinuses took 4 titanium plates to fix me up never shed a tear or showed my true pain but a story like this brings tears so fast it's not funny we Marines are truly strange and wonderful creatures.Semper Fi and Happy Birthday Marine Brothers and Sisters ooooohhhhhhrrrraahhhhhhh.:flag::usmc::evilgrin:

Roger Shepherd
11-09-09, 11:39 PM
It's been sade the eyeball's leaks when you hear a story like that. Especially when it comes from a 8 yr. old.

kfisbusy
11-10-09, 05:10 AM
:beer:Marines don't cry what a lie storys like this will bring a tear to any Marine. Thanks for sharing. I hope that there is just more Americans out there that teach out youth the true meaning of our great country. My son is in the Corps. now And I did not even have a tear for Him.when He told us about going to the sandbox. I told Him good luck and be a good Marine. My Wife didn't understand this but my son did. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARINES. SSGT. Francisco:iwo::flag:.

Hotel4341
11-10-09, 09:41 AM
There are very few times I will not protest being called a soldier. If that 8 year-old came up to me and said all that, I wouldn't even think about it.

Thank you for sharing your story SSgt.

Danny C Smith
11-10-09, 05:09 PM
Outstanding!
I'd have no problem being that young Ladie's Soldier.
that has my eyes leaking a bit too.

Smitty:usmc:

Rocky C
11-10-09, 05:19 PM
What a GREAT Story!!!
I read it 3 times already.
Tissues didn't cut it for me, I needed the paper towels.
Oh Shiat, now I'm on the Shirt Sleeve.

Thanks for sharing Tracy.

Happy Birthday Marines.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Tracylaud83
11-10-09, 08:18 PM
I stood up and read my post at the Marine Corps Birthday gathering we had here at a Marine's house.
Not a dry eye in the house when I was done reading.
It really got some of the old timers crying, when I passed the challenge Coin around.

USMCM38A1
11-10-09, 09:36 PM
We are a strange bunch we can go from natural born killer to crying at something others wouldn't bat an eye over but that is a Marine the honor that runs so deep in everything we doand the reverance for those who have gone before us and after us.

locologe
11-11-09, 02:25 AM
Brought tears to My eyes too.
And Marine Corps honor, integrity, honesty...whatever, when everything else is gone, "its" still there.
God Bless that little girl and her family.

ese4mc
11-11-09, 07:48 AM
I took my wife and 2 of my sons, to Clearwater Veterans Appreciation day 5th Annual Events on 11/7/09 at the brighthouse field.
(A 2 hour drive away)
I met Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Civilians, Vets, SEALS, PJ's, Rangers, and so on.
Watched the Coast Guard Silent Drill Team (from D.C.), and High School drill teams. Met Rear Admiral D. B. Lloyd, and his staff.
Thanked him and the local Mayor, Shook hands and thanked the members of the Silent Drill Team.
Had a GREAT time.
As we were getting ready to leave, and getting some drinks out of the trunk, for the long drive back home, a car stopped behind us, and a gentleman and a young girl got out.
The girl said "Thanks for being my soldier", and handed me a Challenge Coin. One side said thanks for being my soldier, The other side has "I Salute You", and has her name and date of birth, (She's 8 years old)
I stood up, came to Attention, and returned the Salute of this little girl. I then turned and Saluted the dad. The girl then gave me a hug.
That little girl from Tampa (Ms. Wieser), means more to me than any of the Brass and Big Wigs, that I met that day.
GOD BLESS OUR YOUTH.
Semper-Fi

SSGT Tracy Laudenslager
U.S.M.C. 1983 - 1996
Ocala, Fl.

AS Jackie Gleason (the Great One ) used to say"How sweet it is)

devilcat1775
11-11-09, 08:20 AM
Her parents did an amazing job raising her. I hope her family sees this post.

rickyracer
11-11-09, 11:46 AM
WOW!!!

I have read this a few times now, this is the first time I am able to type.

I lost my little girl while she was still in the womb.

I thank all of you for understanding.

Marine84
11-12-09, 07:48 AM
I hate it when you guys do this to me this early in the morning!

When somebody does that, it makes it all worth while, doesn't it?

Tracylaud83
11-22-09, 01:13 PM
trying to posta pic of the coin

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/mhtml:{D04C190C-728D-439E-A66E-3B1BD54D5C42}mid://00000234/!x-usc:cid:image001.jpg@01CA64A0.F2FC33C0http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/mhtml:{D04C190C-728D-439E-A66E-3B1BD54D5C42}mid://00000234/!x-usc:cid:image002.jpg@01CA64A0.F2FC33C0

Tracylaud83
11-22-09, 01:29 PM
http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u4/chinkpedro/?action=view&current=041.jpg

http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u4/chinkpedro/?action=view&current=042.jpg

Here is the only way I could find to post the pic

Waveslide
11-25-09, 06:31 PM
I am a squid and did not shed one tear! I thought you guys were tougher? JK! My 4 year old boy LOVES Marines and he knows dad was a Corpsman who put band-aids on their boo-boos. He also knows the Pledge of Allegence and how to say Ohh-Rah. This lil girl is being taught right! I have saved images of Marines and Corpsman through WWI to present. My children will know what we have done for our country and the sacrafice made by so many, so help me God.
Happy Thanksgiving Bros n Sis!

FistFu68
11-25-09, 07:11 PM
:usmc: Too our Childrens,Childrens,Children Semper~Fidelis :usmc: :iwo:

JohnEaceHunt
11-25-09, 11:22 PM
Tracy Thank you for sharing your story. My Heart is swelled with yours, as all of ours are. There is still much hope because of this young Lady, and others like her. They are what we are for. Semper Fi, and Ready-APP.

GIrene
11-28-09, 08:56 AM
Wow. Got the watery eyes! *sniffle*

I say that coin trumps a lot of others!

Lupo22
11-28-09, 09:39 AM
Seeing the coin really got me! thats a great story! My dad makes it a point to have my 8 and 11 year old brothers thank every single servicemember they see. And they always make them donate to the VA and veteran's who are asking for donations on the street or in front of stores. And with each dollar they put in, they say "Thank you!"

Great kids as well....but that coin...that thing would mean more to me than just about anything the military could give me!

Zebra29er
11-28-09, 11:39 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/do2npx.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/2u546tc.jpg

cowboy_az_us
11-28-09, 05:28 PM
I recently returned from a trip to The Wall with 49 other Vietnam vets. When we arrived at the airport in Phoenix, there was a tremendious Welcome Home for us, put on by Southwest Airlines. (http://www.operationfreedombird.com/overview.html)

One little girl reached up to hand me a flower. When I bent down to take it, I kissed her on the cheek. I already had tears in my eyes and she teared up too. It was an awesome moment. I understand how you felt.

Marine1955
11-28-09, 06:33 PM
:cry: damn go story.. :thumbup::thumbup:

doc h fmf
11-29-09, 11:07 AM
I Cried As Alway Everything Like That Makes Me Cry.that Was Good Tracy

peterjems
11-30-09, 05:16 AM
That was a very inspirational story. This is what happens when you do good for the nation, there will be many to support you and many to keep you going and work even better. This incident is kind of the second one that would keep the soldiers motivated. It made tears roll down my eyes. Thank you for the story and keep up the good work. Stay connected.

kenrobg30
11-30-09, 02:12 PM
I( read your story, and thank you for it, Tracy You brought tears to these eyes to, but You might have done more than that. I've been lookinjg for a lead, to one of the officers I worked for as a radio man in Korea in 1951. The officers name was Warren Lloyd. I just chased the Admirals name down, and left an inquiry concerning the possible relationship. I just want to Know, his career went, after that. He was a damned good Marine officer, and It would please me to finally get my curiousity itche scratched. Thank you, for both boosts. Sempre Fidelis !!
Ken.:flag:

(A 2 hour drive away)
Had a GREAT time.
GOD BLESS OUR YOUTH.
Semper-Fi

SSGT Tracy Laudenslager
U.S.M.C. 1983 - 1996
Ocala, Fl.

Rocky C
11-30-09, 03:30 PM
This is the 6th or 7th time I read your thread Tracy.
I get the same feeling everytime.
I should just print it up and hang it on the wall.

OUTSTANDING!!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

kenrobg30
11-30-09, 04:14 PM
This is the 6th or 7th time I read your thread Tracy.
I get the same feeling everytime.
I should just print it up and hang it on the wall.

OUTSTANDING!!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky
:usmc:It proves, we ain't so tough, Don't it, Rocky? Sempre FI !!
Ken. :flag:

coffeejoejava
01-05-10, 08:07 AM
I am filled with confidence in hte future with children like that. As for the parents of such an outstanding young American, all I can say is"Outstanding".

Got me choked up for a minute right here in the office with my SNCO's!!

HeHasMyHeart
01-05-10, 02:25 PM
That's the sweetest thing ever!

wdh1371
01-26-10, 03:57 PM
It's amazing that a child can make the biggest of men tear up.
GREAT story I will share that with many of my Marine freinds that are not on here to see it.And yes I teared up as well.

Thanks to all who have served in our beloved Corp and are serving now, which one happens to be my son

Jlynch31
01-26-10, 05:53 PM
Well this seems to be the right place to put it-
I drive a Jeep wrangeler, th tire cover is a EGA and on the bumber I have a sticker that is the Iraqi Campain Ribbion and it says "Iraqi War Vetran" I also have Vet plates.
When I came out of a restraunt on right I noticed something on my window, it was dark so I hoped it wasn't a ticket. I took it off my windshield and in the soft parking lot lights it said - "I saw your bumper sticker, Thank you for your service to this Great Country you are a true American Hero I sat in my jeep for about ten minuets just staring at the letter... a renewed hope that indeed, some people in this country get it.

Alpha1Devildog
01-26-10, 06:03 PM
WHEW. . . .:cry:. . . .

Makes one glad he joined the Few, the Proud. . . .Semper Fi, Ms. Wieser.

Militarys Dautr
01-27-10, 05:19 AM
How Sweet....Im surprised there are actually Kids like that now still..All I see are kids younger then her cussin around, pointing middle fingers and havin no respect..I remeber if i did that around my neighborhood my own neighbors would smack my hide right off of me...Bless her family...Hope there are more like her around the world...Some people these days just have no sense in them....

MarshRunner
01-27-10, 06:40 AM
Made my eyes ... sweat .... thanks for sharing.

SF

foreverproud
01-28-10, 09:59 PM
What a wonderful story and of course I was crying. It was a privilege to read such a inspirational story of gratitude.

buggoffextco
02-02-10, 11:10 AM
Dangit...It got me as well. I'm always a sucker for things kids do and I'm not ashamed to say that this Marine cries

Tracylaud83
04-05-10, 05:54 PM
APRIL Edition
"LEATHERNECK" Magazine
Page #2, Sound-Off
Letter-Of-The-Month

Vandrel
04-05-10, 06:43 PM
That girl was brought up by outstanding parents.:usmc:

I agree, great story and thanks for sharing.

I'm not ashamed to say that this Marine cries

Marines don't cry, we just get up and go to the other room

hbharrison
04-05-10, 07:59 PM
Outstnading Tracy got to go to VA again darn eyeballs leaken again.

Semper Fi:flag::thumbup:

Lisa 23
04-05-10, 09:20 PM
Young man, I appreciate the fact that you're a Marine Corps Cadet.
You're posting in the wrong part of the forum, and you should really read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
Those who haven't gone through Marine Corps boot camp, shouldn't be saying Semper Fi on a Marine Corps site. It's in the site rules.

teufelhund1320
04-06-10, 03:13 PM
Highly motivating. Thanks for sharing SSGT.

Chewey A084739
05-19-10, 09:41 PM
A story like that would bring a tear to a glass eye

Big Jim
05-19-10, 10:29 PM
damn..eyes are sweatin a little.....

Born2bUSMC
06-19-10, 07:58 PM
No greater feeling.. I've seen similar situations in person and every time you just can't help but smile and feel proud.. Military or not it's just great to witness..