PDA

View Full Version : CFT and Cutting Score

MLMonk
11-07-09, 03:10 PM
So since they now made the CFT a requirement, and I just ran one for the 1st time today (got a 297..yay), do you think they will average out the CFT/PFT for the Cutting Scores? Because according to the composite score calculator, it will boost me another 250 points, which in turn would make me up for Corporal in January. It just doesn't make much sense to me really, since there will be a lot of Marines getting promoted soon, unless they rapidly up the cutting score.

ghost3000
11-07-09, 04:29 PM
The cutting score is based on how many Marines they plan on promoting. For instance, say you have 10 Marines and they plan on promoting 5. Whatever composite score Marine #5 has, that will be the cutting score. The cutting score isn't a magic number.

christ0ph0311
11-08-09, 08:29 AM
the MOL composite score calculator is all jacked up now.

your PFT, CFT, and RIFLE SCORE will be converted to a GMP rating, added to a total, THEN divided by Three, not two as it was before the CFT was counted.

the MOL calculator just adds the CFT points to your score litterally, which is wrong. there is an order on the tecom site about the new composite scoring system and the cft.

MLMonk
11-08-09, 11:46 AM
Alright, that makes much more sense now. Thanks for the answers.