PDA

View Full Version : What is a fiancial statement?

nrml1
11-05-09, 09:50 PM
Good evening Marines,

I've got 2 dependents and I'm otherwise qualified to enlist. My recruiter says that in order to go AD I need to get some personal documents (birth certs and ssn cards) from my dependents. In addition, she says I'll need to fill out a financial statement and after a search on the internet and on this forum I have been unable to find the answer I'm looking for. Perhaps someone here knows what it is and why I need it?

Thank you.

And in case I don't have the opportunity later, Happy Birthday Marines! :)

dizark
11-05-09, 10:41 PM
It's a form asking how much you have in your bank account, what loans do you have out right now, how much is left on those loans, and then a section for how much you spend on things such as gas and phone bills, etc. With a family, the Marine Corps wants to make sure your family will be taken care of financially while in boot camp.

When I enlisted, I had my wife and daughter so I had to fill one out. I also had a statement filled out by my father which pretty much stated that he was willing to help support my family financially and to help care for my daughter while the wife worked. Every little bit helps.

Good luck to you!

nrml1
11-05-09, 10:57 PM
It's a form asking how much you have in your bank account, what loans do you have out right now, how much is left on those loans, and then a section for how much you spend on things such as gas and phone bills, etc. With a family, the Marine Corps wants to make sure your family will be taken care of financially while in boot camp.

When I enlisted, I had my wife and daughter so I had to fill one out. I also had a statement filled out by my father which pretty much stated that he was willing to help support my family financially and to help care for my daughter while the wife worked. Every little bit helps.

Good luck to you!

Thank you Lance Corporal. Does the Marine Corps give one time to save up enough? I have been, but I have about two months before I can account for rent and expenses for both of them. By the time I ship I'll be all set.

nrml1
11-06-09, 04:09 AM
Bump.

thewookie
11-06-09, 05:04 AM
The question appears to have been answered. I'll add it's probably just a basic financial worksheet on you, your assets minus your liabilities.

nrml1
11-06-09, 05:17 AM
The question appears to have been answered. I'll add it's probably just a basic financial worksheet on you, your assets minus your liabilities.

You're right, I'll move on. Thank you all for your replies.

Melancon
11-06-09, 09:41 AM
Thank you Lance Corporal. Does the Marine Corps give one time to save up enough? I have been, but I have about two months before I can account for rent and expenses for both of them. By the time I ship I'll be all set.
If for some reason you family needs money while you are in boot camp, your Drill Instructor can take you to the bank to send the money.