PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Shooting at Fort Hood

Ed Palmer
11-05-09, 02:54 PM
Breaking News: Shooting at Fort Hood
3:20 PM, 11/5/09… Shep Smith of Fox News just reported that there has been a mass shooting at Fort Hood in TX. Shep indicated that seven are dead, and 12 have been wounded. Supposedly, the shooting occurred at the “Soldier Readiness Center” and at least one person is in custody…

Details to follow.

UPDATE: FoxNews now reporting there are two shooters, one of whom is in custody.

UPDATE 2: Possible third shooter…

UPDATE 3: Fort Hood is now in lock-down, including nine schools on the base, seven elementary and two middle schools.

Alan Speakman

firedog974
11-05-09, 03:03 PM
I would like to know if it a disgruntled soldier(s), or some type of terrorist act.

firedog974
11-05-09, 03:14 PM
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/subindex/community/chat

This is a live feed. The army is saying 7 dead 20 wounded, possibly 3 gunmen, 1 in custody. With multiple shooters this does not sound like a random act or someone just snapping.

Nicky the Great
11-05-09, 03:14 PM
I read a few months ago that Ft. Hood has a high suicide rate.

Lisa 23
11-05-09, 03:40 PM
I read a few months ago that Ft. Hood has a high suicide rate.
You are posting in the wrong part of the forum. Open Squad Bay is for Marines only.

polizei
11-05-09, 03:46 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_hood_shooting

More info has been posted.

polizei
11-05-09, 04:05 PM
Can't edit my post...more info:

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — The U.S. Army says 12 people have been killed and 31 wounded in a shooting rampage on the Fort Hood Army base in Texas.
The Army says one shooter has been killed and two others apprehended on Thursday in the shooting and all are U.S. soldiers.

awbrown1462
11-05-09, 04:07 PM
just saw obama on tv talking about this but first he had to talk about heath care but still gald he talked about it

Wyoming
11-05-09, 04:10 PM
just saw obama on tv talking about this but first he had to talk about heath care

and he did not have the numbers available. Teleprompter was down.

polizei
11-05-09, 04:10 PM
That's because he doesn't care about the military...I mean, I know it's the Army and all, but still...

DevilDog0801
11-05-09, 04:14 PM
The latest news is the following:

1 shooter dead, 2 more in custody.

12 dead, 31 wounded. (dead including the shooter, 2 critically wounded.)

All three shooters are active duty Army, no information on motive at this time. The shooter used two handguns in the readiness faciility, all casualties and wounded were in the readiness facility.

Lockdown will continue until they are sure of the issue's resolution.

I'd like everyone to take a moment to toast and/or pray for the families and those deceased and injured today.

Integrity57
11-05-09, 04:17 PM
MSN.com says one of the shooters apprehended was an Army Major. Let's not bring politics into this please.

charm1110
11-05-09, 04:24 PM
MSN.com says one of the shooters apprehended was an Army Major. Let's not bring politics into this please.

I'd like to know if the Major was a "shooter " or trying to stop what was unfolding. In any case it's a sad day and my heart goes out to all the people that will be affected by this. It doesn't matter what branch they're in they're all servicemen and women.

Integrity57
11-05-09, 04:28 PM
The article says he's a suspect but who knows how accurate that is right now, we'll just have to wait and see what the facts are.

GSEMarine94
11-05-09, 04:35 PM
I also read about Major, who according to cnn has an Arabic sounding name.

DevilDog0801
11-05-09, 04:37 PM

The name is Malik Nadal Hasan and ranks at Major.

This Major is the shooter, and no information yet on the other two.

GSEMarine94
11-05-09, 04:41 PM
The name is Malik Nadal Hasan and ranks at Major.
Thanks I didn't catch the name, but it definately puts a twist into this tragedy.

Big Jim
11-05-09, 04:51 PM
All I can say is....wow.....

ameriken
11-05-09, 05:02 PM

I just heard that too.....very middle eastern, no doubt about it. Possible terrorism?

E5NAMKROW
11-05-09, 05:07 PM
I just heard that too.....very middle eastern, no doubt about it. Possible terrorism?

Now thats not very P.C. watch out. the P.C. po po will be after you. probably be wearing brown shirts.:cool:

Integrity57
11-05-09, 05:08 PM
I second Big Jims comment, I mean what the ****?! If they do have a affiliation with a terrorist group they'll definetly be taking a trip to Cuba where I can only hope they get to spend some time with the best interrogators they have stationed there.

ameriken
11-05-09, 05:15 PM
Now thats not very P.C. watch out. the P.C. po po will be after you. probably be wearing brown shirts.:cool:

Yeah, no shiit. I should probably suspect that someone with a mideastern name shooting a sh*tload of people is just a random act of violence.

E5NAMKROW
11-05-09, 05:21 PM
Yeah, no shiit. I should probably suspect that someone with a mideastern name shooting a sh*tload of people is just a random act of violence.

You have to understand them. They have feeellings. Probably didnt get their hug. It couldn't be possible they were planning this for years. nah. All it probably took was a phone call from a "handler". This will definately be an interesting situation unfolding for sure.

ameriken
11-05-09, 05:23 PM
This will definately be an interesting situation unfolding for sure.
For sure.

I will say that I am reminded of the shooting earlier this year at an Army recruiting office.

E5NAMKROW
11-05-09, 05:31 PM
For sure.

I will say that I am reminded of the shooting earlier this year at an Army recruiting office.

When i lived on base I always thought it would be safer then living off base, which it still is. The reason this was so "successful" for the shooters is the fact it was an inside job. It was obviously well planned out. I personally have wondered why this hadn't happened before. COWARDS! I mean come on. A single shooter, ok, a lone nut. But more then one, unbelievable.

ameriken
11-05-09, 05:33 PM
And they're saying this Hasan was a psychiatrist who worked with soldiers. He used to be at Walter Reed.

E5NAMKROW
11-05-09, 05:36 PM
wussy took his own life. Almost sounds like this should be taking place on the Gaza strip. Wake up people.

E5NAMKROW
11-05-09, 05:38 PM
Maybe they followed a "peaceful" religion?

Marine84
11-05-09, 05:45 PM
Gonna be interesting I'm sure

Marine1955
11-05-09, 05:47 PM
Sounds like he join the Army to get in close so as to gain access so he could carry out his plan to assassinate Soldiers. Lets ponder this how many are here in the Armed services waiting there turn to kill American Soldiers , Navy, Air Force and last but not Least Marines. All they have to do is swear the oath and wait there turn and Bang Bang your dead! Thats the next Question is there Sleeper Cell in our on Military over there and here. He may have recruited the other men to help carry out his plan and we may never know how it all went down. So I leave this to you to speculate what you may. And to think we bring children into this world!!!
:!:

Danny C Smith
11-05-09, 05:58 PM
Yessir 1955.
I posted on the hooch kinda the same thing you are saying here.
With a bunch more "words of entrest".
Where does it happen next?
Either way, my personal weapons are clean, oiled, and LOADED!

Lupo22
11-05-09, 06:01 PM
Sounds like he join the Army to get in close so as to gain access so he could carry out his plan to assassinate Soldiers. Lets ponder this how many are here in the Armed services waiting there turn to kill American Soldiers , Navy, Air Force and last but not Least Marines. All they have to do is swear the oath and wait there turn and Bang Bang your dead! Thats the next Question is there Sleeper Cell in our on Military over there and here. He may have recruited the other men to help carry out his plan and we may never know how it all went down. So I leave this to you to speculate what you may. And to think we bring children into this world!!!
:!:

...Thats exactly how the conversation I just had with the Sgt rooming with me went down...I'm suprised there hasn't been an elevated alert on other bases until its confirmed this was just a random act of some low-life who didn't want to deploy and couldn't just go UA

ameriken
11-05-09, 06:04 PM
Sounds like he join the Army to get in close so as to gain access so he could carry out his plan to assassinate Soldiers. He was a Major, age 40ish. He had to be in the Army for quite some time, maybe as much as 20 years I guess? Would someone join with the intent to kill and then wait such a long time to do it?

awbrown1462
11-05-09, 06:04 PM
heard he was to deploy and did not want to go also that he chaged to Muslim not to long ago

ameriken
11-05-09, 06:05 PM
heard he was to deploy and did not want to go also that he chaged to Muslim not to long ago

That's more believable...

Integrity57
11-05-09, 06:12 PM
Maybe he became Muslim to say he was a Contientous Objector or whatever, but it looks like the other two suspects have been released. MSN.com says the shooter was shot to death rather than killing himself, anyone know for sure about that?

E5NAMKROW
11-05-09, 06:13 PM
He was a Major, age 40ish. He had to be in the Army for quite some time, maybe as much as 20 years I guess? Would someone join with the intent to kill and then wait such a long time to do it?

We are facing an evil the likes of which has no time frame my friend.

Marine1955
11-05-09, 06:16 PM
He was a Major, age 40ish. He had to be in the Army for quite some time, maybe as much as 20 years I guess? Would someone join with the intent to kill and then wait such a long time to do it?
hey bro he was waiting his time and probably was hoping on a bigger score than he got

Integrity57
11-05-09, 06:17 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/?GT1=43001

E5NAMKROW
11-05-09, 06:25 PM
Well he obviously wasn't an objector. An objector wouldn't open fire and declare war on unarmed innocent people. He felt he was at war with the ideology of the U.S. being in Iraq/Afghanistan. Just my opinion.

awbrown1462
11-05-09, 06:28 PM
same as when that one in Kuwait killed those officers

E5NAMKROW
11-05-09, 06:35 PM
Doesn't it go to show what kind of era we live in when the first thing we think when something like this happens is that it is a "conspiracy" of sorts concerning one idea versus another in so much that we immediately assume the worst. This is ridiculous yet our very American reality. I am getting tired of it personally. I am sure this will be someone other then the shooters fault. This is not because of the War on terror,not because of not wanting to deploy, not because someone called someone a name. This was a friggin' psychopath who doesn't deserve the right of an excuse or reason. There is no excuse for something like this. I am sure I will see some posts from some of my more or very liberal Brothers on the question of WHY. Very sad situation.

echo3oscar1833
11-05-09, 06:46 PM
Doesn't it go to show what kind of era we live in when the first thing we think when something like this happens is that it is a "conspiracy" of sorts concerning one idea versus another in so much that we immediately assume the worst. This is ridiculous yet our very American reality. I am getting tired of it personally. I am sure this will be someone other then the shooters fault. This is not because of the War on terror,not because of not wanting to deploy, not because someone called someone a name. This was a friggin' psychopath who doesn't deserve the right of an excuse or reason. There is no excuse for something like this. I am sure I will see some posts from some of my more or very liberal Brothers on the question of WHY. Very sad situation.

I just watched on ABC local news that the shooter was an Army Psychatrist. Man thats some crazy freaking stuff right there. This is someone your supposed to trust, and be mentally sound themselves, not cool. :evilgrin:

Ed Palmer
11-05-09, 07:14 PM
Co-Worker Says Shooter Made Comments that "Muslims Should Rise Up Against the Aggressor" - Video
Freedom's Lighthouse ^ | November 5, 2009 | BrianinMO

Posted on Thursday, November 05, 2009 7:07:47 PM by Federalist Patriot

Here is video of Fox News' Shepherd Smith interviewing a co-worker of Fort Hood, Texas Shooter - Major Nidal Malik Hasan.

Col. Terry Lee told Smith he had worked with Hasan in the Psych Unit at Fort Hood.

Lee said Hasan had made comments at a conference that "maybe the Muslims should stand up and fight the aggressor" in Iraq. According to Lee, Hasan made similar comments several other times, including repeatedly saying "we should not be over there." He also said Hasan seemed "almost sort of happy" about the shooting at a Little Rock recruiting office. . .

(Excerpt) Read more at freedomslighthouse.com ... (http://www.freedomslighthouse.com/2009/11/shepherd-smith-interviews-co-worker-of.html)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danny C Smith
11-05-09, 07:26 PM
Well now, I am prety well drunk now and I'm still ****ed.
What the hell are we supposed to do about this kinda crap?
My BP is sky hi and there is no answer.
I have an answer.
It may not be good for this forum though.:usmc:

Integrity57
11-05-09, 08:12 PM
I don't believe any of the **** that comes from Fox News, those *******s would deny the Holocaust if it raised their ratings.

Wyoming
11-05-09, 08:34 PM
I don't believe any of the **** that comes from Fox News, those *******s would deny the Holocaust if it raised their ratings.Well, ain't you ****ing special!!:mad:

The cousin of the ******* was on the telly earlier, saying the ******* had been a muslim all his life and had never deployed.

Also said he did not want to be deployed and that all of his work with returning soldiers had given him PTSD.

Lupo22
11-05-09, 08:37 PM
Well now, I am prety well drunk now and I'm still ****ed.
What the hell are we supposed to do about this kinda crap?
My BP is sky hi and there is no answer.
I have an answer.
It may not be good for this forum though.:usmc:

i think i'm trackin right behind you.

It is a shame that racial profiling is so prevalent in this country, but what choice do we have?? I mean, there are probably hundreds of Middle-Eastern descendents serving in the Armed Forces that are true to the country, however, its that one that messes it up for the rest of them and right now I don't think we can be too careful. You call it racial profiling, I call it being cautious.

How can an Officer in the US Army say something like that publicly and not get punished by the UCMJ?? I mean, I'm new at this military thing but it doesn't sound right to me...

ameriken
11-05-09, 08:38 PM
An Army Gen just said in press conference a few mins ago that Hassan is still alive.

awbrown1462
11-05-09, 08:45 PM
yes in stable condition

Gunner 0313
11-05-09, 08:45 PM
:flag: MODS !!!! ME THINKS IT MIGHT NOT BE A BAD IDEA TO MOVE THIS ONE TO THE HOOCH.

Zulu 36
11-05-09, 08:49 PM
An Army Gen just said in press conference a few mins ago that Hassan is still alive.

They also said he was shot multiple times. If DoD cops or MPs did it, I'll bet every wound was from 9mm ball. Useless bullets for shooting people you want to die quickly.

Wyoming
11-05-09, 08:53 PM
If he lives, I'll bet the self avowed non deployed ******* muslim claims PTSD as a defense.

7th Comm Bn
11-05-09, 08:54 PM
There are all kinds of contradictory reports coming out of Ft. Hood. The authorities are trying to make this appear like a soldier who snapped because of the stress of facing deployment for a tour of duty in Afghanistan. Not a third tour of duty, mind you...not a second tour of duty either. A first tour of duty. They want us to believe this Muslim Major -and a psychiatrist at that- snapped and opened fire on an auditorium full of soldiers because he was scared to go to Afghanistan? Unbelievable. Additionally, if the unbelievable story is supposed to have any credibility--why are they picking up other soldiers and looking for others. The initial reports were that there were at least 2 shooters and maybe three.

It appears they're trying to cover up something. The story has morphed into something totally unbelievable.

Dave Coup
11-05-09, 08:59 PM
I for one hope the cacksucker is alive so he can be tried and then meet Mr Needle to make the trip to his 72 Virgins whom I hope will butt fvck him for all eternity

Zulu 36
11-05-09, 09:00 PM
I for one hope the cacksucker is alive so he can be tried and then meet Mr Needle to make the trip to his 72 Virgins whom I hope will butt fvck him for all eternity

Everybody keeps getting this wrong. It's 72 Virginians, not virgins. :iwo:

7th Comm Bn
11-05-09, 09:07 PM
You're not going to believe this. It was just reported (7 and a half hours after they said he had been killed) on the radio news by military spokesman that the shooter IS NOT DEAD but in stable condition at a hospital!

There is a cover-up going on here. Too many contradictions and false information being released by the government.

Oh. And he was quick to say yet again, that this was a lone shooter.

Lisa 23
11-05-09, 09:11 PM
Military: Fort Hood suspect survived
By Donna Leinwand (http://www.usatoday.com/community/tags/reporter.aspx?id=175) and Melanie Eversley (http://www.usatoday.com/community/tags/reporter.aspx?id=447), USA TODAY

The suspect in a mass shooting Thursday at Fort Hood in Texas is alive, the military said Thursday.

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan has been identified as the shooting suspect in the the attack that left 12 dead and 31 wounded at the Army base, Lt. Gen. Robert Cone, commanding general III Corps and Fort Hood, said in a press conference Thursday night.

The military in an initial press conference had indicated the suspect was dead. Cone did not offer explanation for the mistake, other than to say there was confusion at the hospital.

During the later press conference, Cone described a scene of chaos at the base that afternoon in which soldiers responded to the shots fired by ripping off pieces of their uniforms to help those who were shot and bleeding. Hasan fired two weapons, including one semi-automatic gun, Cone said.

Cone said Thursday night that Hasan was in stable condition but not speaking to investigators. When asked further about Hasan's condition, Cone replied, "I would say his death is not imminent."

Police initially thought several people had been involved in the shooting and they questioned three people, Cone said. But evidence, Cone added, "leads us to believe right now, there is a single shooter."

The aunt of the alleged suspect said her nephew had been trying to leave the military for years.

PHOTOS: Fort Hood rampage (http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/Gunman-kills-12-in-Fort-Hood-rampage/G1300)
REACTION: President Obama comments on tragedy (http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid42806360001?bctid=48527922001)

"We're trying to comprehend what happened," Noel Hamad, Hasan's aunt, said in an interview. "He was trying to get out of the military since 9/11 because they were giving him a hard time."

Both of Hasan's parents died seven years ago and Hamad is the sister of his mother.

Fort Hood in Texas reopened Thursday evening, several hours after the massacre.

Friday will be a day of mourning at the base, Cone said.

President Obama called the shooting "a horrific outburst of violence" and said his thoughts and prayers were with the victims and families. He said his administration was working with law enforcement to get the details of what happened.

"It is horrifying that they would come under fire at a military base on American soil," Obama said.

The president offered condolences to Cone and received a briefing from him by telephone from the base, the White House (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Places,+Geography/Landmarks,+Landforms/White+House) said in a statement.
The shootings occurred Thursday afternoon at a family readiness area at the base, said Gary Tallman, an Army spokesman at the Pentagon. The Army closed its massive base covering 339 square miles — the largest active duty armored post in the United States.

A graduation ceremony for soldiers who finished college courses while deployed was going on nearby at the time of the shooting, said Sgt. Rebekah Lampman, a Fort Hood spokeswoman.

Aside from Hasan, two other soldiers were taken into custody, Cone said at a news conference. A law enforcement official who spoke to AP said Hasan, believed to be in his late 30s, was killed after opening fire at the base.

Hasan is a psychiatrist who was on his way to Iraq and "was disturbed" about his deployment, Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/People/Politicians,+Government+Officials,+Strategists/U.S.+Senators/Kay+Bailey+Hutchison), R-Texas, told the PBS (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/PBS)NewsHour. The Army is trying to determine whether that is his birth name or a name he adopted.

Noel Hamad said, however, that the family did not know he was being sent to Iraq. "He didn't tell us he was going to deploy," she said.

After the shooting Fort Hood was "asking for EMTs," calling it a mass casualty event, said Hilary Shine, spokeswoman for the City of Killeen, where Fort Hood is located. "They are having issues getting on and off post because they've locked it down. Right now there are a lot of questions and confusion."

Fort Hood is set up like its own city with its own fire, police and medical facilities, Shine said. It has not asked for Killeen Police to assist, but the police are on call if needed, she said.

Fort Hood is halfway between Austin and Waco (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Places,+Geography/Towns,+Cities,+Counties/Waco).

Condolences and offers of support poured in to Fort Hood from national officials.

"I can pledge that the Department of Defense will do everything in its power to help the Fort Hood community get through these difficult times," Defense Secretary Robert Gates (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/People/Politicians,+Government+Officials,+Strategists/Executive/Robert+Gates) said in a prepared statement.
Vice President Biden expressed sympathies along with his wife, Jill, for the families of the people who were shot.

"We are all praying for those who were wounded and hoping for their full and speedy recovery," his statement read. "Our thoughts and prayers are also with the entire Fort Hood community as they deal with this senseless tragedy."

Said former president George W. Bush (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/People/Politicians,+Government+Officials,+Strategists/Executive/George+W.+Bush) in a statement issued from his office in Dallas, "I was saddened to learn of the tragic incident at Fort Hood. Laura and I are keeping the victims and their families in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time."

The Senate Armed Services Committee has requested a detailed account of the day's events, Sen. Carl Levin (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/People/Politicians,+Government+Officials,+Strategists/U.S.+Senators/Carl+Levin), D-Mich., committee chairman, said in a statement. "Our hearts go out to the families of the brave Americans who lost their lives in today's senseless violence at Fort Hood, Texas, and to those who were injured," the statement read.

FBI (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Organizations/Government+Bodies/Federal+Bureau+of+Investigation) agents are traveling to Fort Hood to assess the crime and work with the Army Criminal Investigation Division, which is the lead agency, said Supervisory Special Agent Jason Pack, a spokesman for the FBI.

Sirens wailed at the base as Tammy Biggers, wife of an Army specialist deployed in Iraq, huddled in her locked house, texting her daughter at the local high school and fielding phone calls from family and friends.

"It's just nerve-racking," Biggers said in a telephone interview with USA TODAY. "They just did the overhead warnings again for everyone to seek shelter immediately. It's going off right now."

The basewide siren and announcement system, usually used to warn of tornadoes, instructed base residents to seek shelter, lock their doors and turn off the air conditioning, Biggers said. She had been outside her house with their chihuahua when she heard the first sirens.

"Tons of sirens, way more than usual. But down here you don't think a lot about sirens. It could be a training exercise," she said.

Then came the orders to seek shelter. Biggers lives in a two-bedroom house on base about a mile from where the shooting began and a half mile from the Clear Creek PX store. She immediately called her daughter, a 10th-grade student at Shoemaker High School.

The school and base were in lockdown. Normal phone lines were working, but cellphones were overloaded.

"Now I can't even get ahold of her. The cellphones are jammed. I can't even send a text," Biggers said. "They still have us on lockdown. I'm just staying right beside my computer with the news on and praying."

Greg Schannep, an aide to Rep. John Carter, R-Texas, told the Austin American-Statesmen that he was on the Army post to attend the graduation service. He said that as he neared the entrance of a building where the service was being held, a soldier with blood on his uniform ran past him and a man was shooting. Schannep said the injured soldier appeared to have been struck in the shoulder but did not have life-threatening injuries.

Todd Martin, assistant for communication at the Killeen School District, said the district has seven elementary schools and two middle schools on the post.

"Those have been locked down since this began," Martin said earlier in the day. The other schools in the district outside the post have not been locked down, he said.

Nine gunshot victims were taken to Scott & White Memorial Hospital, the hospital said on its website. The hospital said all the victims "are suffering from wounds," and all the patients are adults.

The hospital issued an "urgent" call for blood donors of all types. "Please come to the Scott & White Blood Donor Center and donate blood as soon as possible," the hospital said on its website.

Army Capt. Grant Speakes spent five years posted at Fort Hood and three more as the son of an officer there. He described the post as "friendly, big but manageable."

Speakes, 27, said Thursday that he has heard from dozens of fellow officers and friends who expressed shock that the attack occurred there.
"Everybody's amazed that it happened at Fort Hood," Speakes said. "It feels like home. It feels like community."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/military/2009-11-05-Fort-Hood_N.htm

Lupo22
11-05-09, 09:16 PM
How does a lone gunman manage to kill 12 and wound 31 on a military base?? Were these all civilians?? No soldiers around to do something?? I mean, I know they're admin aren't trained nearly as well as ours but I mean, come on, no one had any instincts after 1 or 2 were killed, or maybe even 5 or 6 shot?? No, he managed to get at least 43!? Did he walk in there with a frag grenade?? a SAW?? I mean, 10-16 rounds in a pistol, 28-30 in an M16...he had to reload or switch weapons at some point...hell, he's a shrink, not a grunt!!!

7th Comm Bn
11-05-09, 09:24 PM
How does a lone gunman manage to kill 12 and wound 31 on a military base?? Were these all civilians?? No soldiers around to do something?? I mean, I know they're admin aren't trained nearly as well as ours but I mean, come on, no one had any instincts after 1 or 2 were killed, or maybe even 5 or 6 shot?? No, he managed to get at least 43!? Did he walk in there with a frag grenade?? a SAW?? I mean, 10-16 rounds in a pistol, 28-30 in an M16...he had to reload or switch weapons at some point...hell, he's a shrink, not a grunt!!!

The initial reports coming out of there said there were at least two and maybe three shooters. There also were reports that the shooting occurred simultaneously in two target areas. You can't believe anything coming out of this administration. Everything is politically correct and designed to prop up the idiot nincompoop Obama.

I watched with my own eyes a high-ranking military officer give a briefing to the press waiting outside the gate at the base saying that the shooter had been killed. That was nearly 6 hours before the story changed to: He is still alive and in stable condition!

7th Comm Bn
11-05-09, 09:27 PM
Shooter Major had a Facebook page that has been taken down. Belonged to some Arabic groups - including one named- "I'm Sorry Allah" (unconfirmed, but I just heard this from a caller to the Michael Savage radio show) the caller said the Facebook page has been taken down and that this "Major" also had some other groups on the site, but that the names were written in Arabic.

Zulu 36
11-05-09, 09:29 PM
You're not going to believe this. It was just reported on the radio news by military spokesman that the shooter IS NOT DEAD but in stable condition at a hospital!

There is a cover-up going on here. Too many contradictions and false information being released by the government.

Oh. And he was quick to say yet again, that this was a lone shooter.

You have to remember that the media will talk to anyone and everyone and report anything and everything they say like it is gospel truth and fact. Texas politicians are going to stick their two-cents in and the media will treat them like they are the golden source when in fact the pols may actually know less than the reporters.

A multiple victim shooting scene is hectic in the best of circumstances, but a scene with 12 dead and 31 wounded AND police officer's involved in shootings makes for a real bag o'rags.

I'd give the Army a PR break until at least tomorrow. They aren't used to handling the PR on these things like an LAPD, NYPD, Detroit PD, etc, would be.

They've got to get one, maybe two, people max handling the public face of this.

If I were running the press on this, I would only give 110% confirmed information and then only if it won't hurt the investigation. Anything unconfirmed is reported that way" "I cannot confirm or deny the accuracy of that information at this time." Or, "I have that information, but I cannot release it at this time to protect the integrity of the investigation."

Deep down, you want to tell them what you know, but inaccurate information is worse than no information. They latch onto false info like leeches and refuse to let go even when accurate info is given later. The accusations of "cover-up," will ALWAYS come out in those cases. However, you always leave the reporters with the knowledge there is more info and it will be released when confirmed and/or safe for the innvestigation.

If the acknowledged public face is the ONLY accurate information releaser, inaccurate info is much easier to combat simply by saying, "Did I report that?" or "That information did not come through me or my office, so it is not official information."

And, yes, I have handled the press on multiple victim shootings before, but not nearly this many victims. It's a nightmare.

Zulu 36
11-05-09, 09:36 PM

It does make you wonder where the training money went. Evidently the doctor paid more attention to combat training. Of course, who knows, perhaps a couple of guys tried to take him down and died in the process.

It will start to come out tomorrow.

7th Comm Bn
11-05-09, 09:40 PM
This guy has the same name. He lives in Lubbock, Texas. Here's his facebook link:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Malik...lik/1008970609 (http://www.facebook.com/people/Malik-Hassan-Malik/1008970609)

Zulu 36
11-05-09, 09:45 PM
This guy has the same name. He lives in Lubbock, Texas. Here's his facebook link:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Malik...lik/1008970609 (http://www.facebook.com/people/Malik-Hassan-Malik/1008970609)

If I were you, or anyone else, I'd stay off that page unless you want to talk to the FBI in the next day or two.

tripledog
11-05-09, 09:46 PM
His friend and fellow doctor, reported him several times up thru the chain of command, and nothing was done. Apparently he has made many threats about us fighting over there and nothing was done. He also has a website and his muslim training and beliefs is very obvious there.

Trouble brewing. He even referenced the Ark killing several times, apparently saying it was a good thing.

7th Comm Bn
11-05-09, 09:58 PM
If I were you, or anyone else, I'd stay off that page unless you want to talk to the FBI in the next day or two.

I heard that! You're right. They might be in my computer as we speak. No kidding.

Zulu 36
11-05-09, 10:12 PM
I'm watching that LtGen Cone do a presser now. He seems to be getting his PR sh*t together. Obviously someone who knows how to handle these has been coaching him a little.

ameriken
11-06-09, 03:23 AM
You have to understand them. They have feeellings. Probably didnt get their hug.

Your sarcasm was right on target. Read this shiit, it'll p*ss you off to no end. Talk about sympathy for the killer :mad:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90869

Supersquishy
11-06-09, 05:06 AM
The initial reports coming out of there said there were at least two and maybe three shooters. There also were reports that the shooting occurred simultaneously in two target areas. You can't believe anything coming out of this administration. Everything is politically correct and designed to prop up the idiot nincompoop Obama.

I watched with my own eyes a high-ranking military officer give a briefing to the press waiting outside the gate at the base saying that the shooter had been killed. That was nearly 6 hours before the story changed to: He is still alive and in stable condition!

You know I was thinking the same exact thing this morning. I heard yesterday as it was breaking news that it was 2-3 gunman in two separate places on base. Then they came out and said it was NOT a terrorist event, now how the heck would they know that fast that it was not a terrorist act? They gathered the facts that fast? And all of this was said yesterday as it was happening! Smells odd.

Zulu 36
11-06-09, 05:56 AM
You know I was thinking the same exact thing this morning. I heard yesterday as it was breaking news that it was 2-3 gunman in two separate places on base. Then they came out and said it was NOT a terrorist event, now how the heck would they know that fast that it was not a terrorist act? They gathered the facts that fast? And all of this was said yesterday as it was happening! Smells odd.

Something I learned in police work, EMS, and the military: NEVER trust initial reports to be accurate. They might be, but usually are not.

silverdollar
11-06-09, 06:12 AM
I still don`t understand them having to call the police, do they call 911 in af****eystan?

rktect3j
11-06-09, 06:36 AM
I just want to know if this is correct. The shooter made major within eight years. Is that an average rank for an officer with a not so steller record and history of needing counciling?

Zulu 36
11-06-09, 06:40 AM
I still don`t understand them having to call the police, do they call 911 in af****eystan?

Think about your time in the Corps. Did everyone run around a stateside base armed and with live ammo all of the time? Nope, and they still don't.

The fastest way to get trained law enforcement backup is to get the local civilian police involved, not by giving rifles and bullets to the first soldiers or Marines to walk past.

awbrown1462
11-06-09, 06:58 AM
a Doctor comes into the Army as a Capt

Zulu 36
11-06-09, 07:01 AM

I understand he went through the military's medical school and was commissioned a 1stLt when he was accepted to the school, to captain when he graduated.

rktect3j
11-06-09, 07:26 AM

Well, ain't they just phucking special. The rest of the officers I guess are just ass out on the promo then, eh?

rktect3j
11-06-09, 07:34 AM
I am going to say this again at the risk of being banned for posting my thoughts.

Islam is not compatible with the American way. JMHO.

It appears that this major had a difficult time adjusting his islamic ideology to that of his oath to protect and serve America. One had to win out over the other.

What I have said before was this. If you were able to get rid of all of the Islamic terrorists in the world today. And I mean with absolute certainty, get rid of all Islamic terrorists as in Allah came and snatched each and every one of them up off the face of this planet and took them to their 72 virgins or whatever, in 50 or 100 years we would have the same problem we have now because the religion breads it. This is just my opinion, you decide.

Zulu 36
11-06-09, 07:37 AM
Well, ain't they just phucking special. The rest of the officers I guess are just ass out on the promo then, eh?

All services bring in doctors, dentists, vets, and some nurses at higher rank because of the education and training they bring to the table. I've read of some already fully qualified specialists being brought in as Majors or LtCols.

Medical officer promotions are separate from line officers and usually have different criteria.

Nick31
11-06-09, 07:38 AM
I'm curious as to what's going to happen now. It happened on a military base so he should be tried by them right? In the state of Texas, which to my knowledge hangings and firing squads are still legal, but I'm not sure how the Army will handle it.

Zulu 36
11-06-09, 07:43 AM
I'm curious as to what's going to happen now. It happened on a military base so he should be tried by them right? In the state of Texas, which to my knowledge hangings and firing squads are still legal, but I'm not sure how the Army will handle it.

He's military and the crime happened on a military base so the Army has jurisdiction under the UCMJ. He can still get the death penalty under the UCMJ and being in Texas has no bearing on that.

DocGreek
11-06-09, 07:56 AM
ZULU....if they're in Medicine/Marine Corp...they're ALL NAVY!! Med School graduates, with no internship....start out as a Navy Lt. (Marine Captain). An M.D. with full certification in a medical specialty, CAN start out as a Navy Commander (Marine Major).....depending on their experience. In the "Dark Ages" (the 60's!)...I met two Physicians who were commissioned as full Navy Captains (Bird Colonel!)!!!
TRUST the NAVY to make a cluster-fvck out of their rank/commission structure!!!....:D

Phantom Blooper
11-06-09, 08:04 AM
Interrogate him instead of speculating and analyzing his thoughts....then put a pistol to his head and shoot the bastard.

I can feel the love like a rag head terrorist at a Jewish bar mitzvahs!:evilgrin:

Zulu 36
11-06-09, 08:05 AM
ZULU....if they're in Medicine/Marine Corp...they're ALL NAVY!! Med School graduates, with no internship....start out as a Navy Lt. (Marine Captain). An M.D. with full certification in a medical specialty, CAN start out as a Navy Commander (Marine Major).....depending on their experience. In the "Dark Ages" (the 60's!)...I met two Physicians who were commissioned as full Navy Captains (Bird Colonel!)!!!
TRUST the NAVY to make a cluster-fvck out of their rank/commission structure!!!....:D

I'm well aware of the Navy taking care of MC medical matters. I just wrote "all branches" meaning those which hire medical people. I don't care what rank they come in as, so long as they're good at their job.

Hotel4341
11-06-09, 08:07 AM
As a public affairs specialist who was trained at the same place the same soldiers who released this information, I am appalled and disappointed. We're taught to release as much correct information as we can with minimum delay (basically, to clear it through the CoC). If they didn't know how many shootings or shooters there were, fine, say there was a shooting and follow up with "We'd like to release more, but in an effort to put out the most accurate information we can we need to wait for further instructions." It's one of the first responses we're taught. Yeah, some of us use it as a way of not answering a question. But in times like this, where there are a lot of people now accusing the Army of a coverup, it makes perfect sense why putting out unclear information is not the way to go.

GSEMarine94
11-06-09, 08:43 AM
I'm well aware of the Navy taking care of MC medical matters. I just wrote "all branches" meaning those which hire medical people. I don't care what rank they come in as, so long as they're good at their job.

Zulu is correct the term for this is, direct commission. The Marines do it for JAG officers. The thing about it that gets me is that DC officers don't go to OCS or any other military training. Which could have weeded this guy out.

AAV Crewchief
11-06-09, 08:57 AM
Before the shooter's name was known I pretty much called this one out as it seemed logical that a disgruntled Muslim soldier would only do this. It was not here on this site, but on another that I USED to post at because I was banned yesterday as a racist for saying that only a Muslim could have done that sort of attack on his fellow soldiers. Guess what? I was right and the asshats over at AF Enlisted forums booted me.

Our free society has sort of come back to bite us in the ass. We are not vetting people well enough and when someone like Hasan begins making statements like he does, then EYES need to be on said person. I hope this POS lives so we can finally show people that ISLAM is not a religion of peace and that the only way to deal with these ****s is to use massive amounts of force that will coerce them to behave and for those that won't....5.56 between the eyes.

MinnesotaMARINE
11-06-09, 09:05 AM
You are posting in the wrong part of the forum. Open Squad Bay is for Marines only.
i see in the photo you have you wrer in oki in 1989! me to. 9th esb supply 3051 and 3043 if you were with the same unit let me know! my name is Brian. I left oki in nov. 1990 or so

Old Marine
11-06-09, 09:23 AM
That's because he doesn't care about the military...I mean, I know it's the Army and all, but still...

You want to post this political BS, then move yourself to the political thread.

Integrity57
11-06-09, 11:50 AM
I think we need to wait to draw conclusions until the Feds and Army CID put the screws to this guys and get in his head to figure out exactly what kind of person he is. At the surface it's easy to...

polizei
11-06-09, 12:04 PM
There is a video posted on Yahoo. Civilian police Sgt. Kimberly Munley apparently shot the suspect 4 times, getting shot herself by the suspect. My question: Where were the MP's?

awbrown1462
11-06-09, 12:07 PM
Civilian police or DOD Police do alot of the patrols on Hood and other Bases

Zulu 36
11-06-09, 12:08 PM
There is a video posted on Yahoo. Civilian police Sgt. Kimberly Munley apparently shot the suspect 4 times, getting shot herself by the suspect. My question: Where were the MP's?

Fort Hood uses DoD Police for most of their garrison law enforcement. She's a DoD cop.

polizei
11-06-09, 12:10 PM
Didn't know that, thanks for clarification.

firedog974
11-06-09, 12:10 PM
New news in....2 dead and 8 wounded in an Orlando office shooting.
Won't be long before Oblammey starts wanting to ban guns.

awbrown1462
11-06-09, 01:02 PM
all guns banned on Military Post you will be given a stick and go bang bang at the range

Zulu 36
11-06-09, 01:13 PM
Obama doesn't want us to jump to conclusions on this shooting. Like he didn't with the cop and the professor.

Funny, I heard someplace that the police sergeant and the professor have since met again since the White House beer bash and had a couple of brews together. B. Hussein Obama bringing the races together. Or maybe it was the fact that the cop helped the hobbled old professor down the White House stairs and Obama did not.

1stRad2671
11-06-09, 04:42 PM
Before the shooter's name was known I pretty much called this one out as it seemed logical that a disgruntled Muslim soldier would only do this.

You're not the only one to think that. The only thing that surprised me was that it was a major.

Mark my words, this won't be the last shooting like this.

Lisa 23
11-06-09, 05:40 PM
i see in the photo you have you wrer in oki in 1989! me to. 9th esb supply 3051 and 3043 if you were with the same unit let me know! my name is Brian. I left oki in nov. 1990 or so

PM sent your way. :thumbup:

7th Comm Bn
11-06-09, 05:56 PM
all guns banned on Military Post you will be given a stick and go bang bang at the range

Or they'll do like Admiral Mullen's Navy--"Man the water cannons!"

commdog7
11-06-09, 10:52 PM
When psychiatrists go mad....

I wonder, will something like this ever happen in the Marine Corps? Would a Major go on a killing spree and kill fellow Marines?

7th Comm Bn
11-07-09, 12:25 AM
When psychiatrists go mad....

I wonder, will something like this ever happen in the Marine Corps? Would a Major go on a killing spree and kill fellow Marines?

That's the million dollar question. Did he go mad? Or did he go jihadi?

Two different things...with two entirely different sets of ramifications for the future of our military and our ability to fight.

If this is a case of a Muslim soldier going jihadi...then the question must be raised: Has political correctness allowed people who suffer from an inability to reconcile their Islamic 'religious' beliefs with their service into our military.

If this is found to be the case...this may well be just the beginning of the damage these lax policies--based on notions of 'social inclusion & 'political correctness'--will cause to our ability to function.

With all they knew about this guy and still not removing him, I don't have any faith that it is otherwise.

I hope I'm wrong. One of these guys with access to the right kind of training and weapons could wreak a lot more havoc than what this one did. I shudder to think what one of these guys could do should they decide to pull an 'Allahu Akbar' while operating a Cobra or an F-16.

Roger Shepherd
11-07-09, 01:16 AM
This day and time you have to look all around all the time. It is not going to get any better in this world today. Because I think the world is running out of time. It will take to long to fix it. If it can be fixed...

mjhpgh
11-07-09, 06:52 PM
That's the million dollar question. Did he go mad? Or did he go jihadi?

Two different things...with two entirely different sets of ramifications for the future of our military and our ability to fight.

If this is a case of a Muslim soldier going jihadi...then the question must be raised: Has political correctness allowed people who suffer from an inability to reconcile their Islamic 'religious' beliefs with their service into our military.

If this is found to be the case...this may well be just the beginning of the damage these lax policies--based on notions of 'social inclusion & 'political correctness'--will cause to our ability to function.

With all they knew about this guy and still not removing him, I don't have any faith that it is otherwise.

I hope I'm wrong. One of these guys with access to the right kind of training and weapons could wreak a lot more havoc than what this one did. I shudder to think what one of these guys could do should they decide to pull an 'Allahu Akbar' while operating a Cobra or an F-16.

I hate to say it but I do not think he went mad .I hope we get a answer .

There is virtually no way to stop this sort of thing .We have freedoms and rights that that can and should not be trampled on .Even if you bar Muslims from serving they would lie ,fake documents and some would make it in .

awbrown1462
11-07-09, 08:11 PM
heard he got off 100 rounds sounds like he knew what he was doing

Wyoming
11-09-09, 02:59 PM
Fort Hood's 9/11 <br />
Islamist terror strikes US again <br />
New York Post <br />
Last Updated: 2:50 PM, November 6, 2009 <br />
<br />
On Thursday afternoon, a radicalized Muslim US Army officer shouting &quot;Allahu Akbar!&quot;...

Danny C Smith
11-09-09, 03:40 PM
I'm still so ticked off about this it makes me sick so I'll watch my language here.
This man is a TERRORIST! period.
Wheather he was part of a unit of like minded types or acting alone.
I hope I don't get banned for this statement but.
Personally, I being the peacefull sort I am he would be tied up,
a black sack put over his head with a pig"s foot stuffed into his
filthy sewer and video taped. Then beheaded on tape and then sent
where ever. Maybe being dragged down the streets of town after the headless body is further beaten, stompped and stabbed a few more
times. A little dose of our precious high dollar gasoline and a zippo.
Am I being to harsh? I mean it has been done to AMERICANS!
I know thats a heck of a way for a mere Cpl. to talk about a US ARMY
Major but I don't consider this piece of work to be an Officer in out Military.

If I am out of line please square me away.
Smitty.

Wyoming
11-09-09, 03:45 PM
Out if line, ****, come over to the Hootch and we'll do the out of line bit.

The only reason this is open squad bay is that it affects us all, Military, and the 1st Civ Div.

Once he is beheaded, should his head not be put on a pole for all to see?

I wish cat gut came from pigs. What a fitting stitch that would be!!

jetdawgg
11-09-09, 04:04 PM
I'm still so ticked off about this it makes me sick so I'll watch my language here.
This man is a TERRORIST! period.
Wheather he was part of a unit of like minded types or acting alone.
I hope I don't get banned for this statement but.
Personally, I being the peacefull sort I am he would be tied up,
a black sack put over his head with a pig"s foot stuffed into his
filthy sewer and video taped. Then beheaded on tape and then sent
where ever. Maybe being dragged down the streets of town after the headless body is further beaten, stompped and stabbed a few more
times. A little dose of our precious high dollar gasoline and a zippo.
Am I being to harsh? I mean it has been done to AMERICANS!
I know thats a heck of a way for a mere Cpl. to talk about a US ARMY
Major but I don't consider this piece of work to be an Officer in out Military.

If I am out of line please square me away.
Smitty.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TuQycssJB6E/SJ4wqRCo0WI/AAAAAAAAADc/2g3gHdIbfps/s400/dawn_wells_maryann.jpg

commdog7
11-09-09, 04:44 PM
A terrorist in our ranks, that's a scary thought. Can't trust anyone these days, not even fellow American service-members.

Captain Kirk
11-09-09, 05:07 PM
I'm with you Big Al,

PC Gone wild. Bring him to a room full of the victoms family members with no cameras and no rules. Let him see some Army strong for a while.:bunny:

Wyoming
11-09-09, 06:08 PM
That's it, "viral PTSD."

This was no random shooting spree; Hasan chose his time, place and victims. Massacre by Political Correctness

By Joy TizFriday, November 6, 2009

Experts at MSNBC discovered yesterday that Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is contagious. Presumably, Kathleen Sibelius is whipping up a vaccine which will soon be placed into the uber efficient HHS delivery system.

Army psychiatrist Malik Nadal Hasan slaughtered 13 people and wounded over thirty others.

This was no random shooting spree, Hasan chose his time, place and victims. The Muslim doctor has a history of hatred toward the US, saying that the Religion of Peace really ought to rise up against the US.

The left is hysterically trying to spin the Islam out of this attack, insisting that Hasan suffered from PTSD, despite the fact that he has never been in combat. The Einstein’s at MSNBC are reporting that Hasan caught PTSD by working with returning combat soldiers.

The reasoning is stupefying, even for liberals: Hasan was distraught over the possibility of having to go to a war zone and decided to work through his trauma by creating a bloodbath on an Army base. By the way, was the possibility of combat never mentioned to Hasan during his years with the Army?

Having been provided with a free medical education funded by the US taxpayers, Hasan was reportedly upset about being picked on for being Muslim. In a world run by the mainstream press, Islam is a class worthy of the highest possible protection against unpleasantness. It’s not like he tried to put up a Christmas tree or something.

What we have learned about Hasan is that he got a lousy performance review. He has been disciplined for pressuring others into becoming Muslim. He admired home grown jihadist, including the Arkansas recruiter killer. He handed out Korans before his rampage. His neighbor told FNC that he had “Allah” written on his front door in Arabic. He shouted “Allah Akbar”, the traditional pre-massacre jihadist shouts out. He identified himself as Palestinian. It seems plausible that he expected to die, given that he was surrounded by military and civilian personnel who know how to shoot. Why was Hasan still in the Army?

But we shouldn’t jump to any conclusions, according to Obama.

Sometimes the conclusions just jump right at you and grab you by the scruff to give you a good shake. Apparently, the president needed a do over today after his astoundingly bad handling of the shooting incident yesterday. In a public speech, the commander in chief joked around and gave shout outs before even addressing the jihad at Fort Hood. So stunning was this display of Obama’s narcissistic lack of empathy that even NBC in Chicago felt the need to chastise their favorite president.

The commander in chief needs to explain to us why the FBI announced almost immediately after the shootings that there was no “nexus” with terrorism. Was this Holder directed?

The staunchly pro-terrorist criminal enterprise known as CAIR showed disturbing alacrity in condemning Hasan’s jihad. Since when was CAIR opposed to attacks on American troops?

Bending to the demands of political correctness is not only dangerous, it’s stupid. How many times do we have to go through this to figure out that no matter how daft the lengths to which we go, liberals will never think it’s enough.

The Obama controlled media will try to attack this man-caused disaster from every angle but the conspicuous truth. No doubt congress will soon take up the question of whether soldiers should be allowed access to firearms, just as soon as they are done trying to wreck health care.

The media have fabricated a number of asinine explanations for Hasan’s behavior. What, they wail, could his motive possibly have been? The anti-American pundits are proposing the alternative hypotheses that Hasan was driven by viral PTSD, which he caught from the soldiers he counseled . Or, perhaps the poor sensitive soul was tormented by unkind remarks about his Muslim ideology.

The American people are getting really good at seeing through liberal bamboozlement; they may not be so quick to buy into the liberal mythology about the Religion of Peace. The left has a lot invested in keeping their phantasms alive. Like toddlers, liberals tend to take the absurd to the extreme. When they inevitably start blaming our soldiers for Hasan’s jihad, don’t expect the American people to put up with it.

Joy Tiz Most recent columns (http://webmail2.centurytel.net/hwebmail/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.canadafreepress.com%2F index.php%2Fmembers%2F16611%2FJoy%2520Tiz%2F)
Joy Tiz, Joytiz.com (http://webmail2.centurytel.net/hwebmail/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fjoytiz.com%2F), born in Chicago, recalls when many democrats were actually normal people who were just wrong about everything. Joy holds a M.Sc. in psychology and a JD in law. Joy has written extensively about current events and politics. She was a columnist at Americas Voices and now writes for Canada Free Press. Joy's latest book, Obamanutz: A Cult Leader takes the White House provides an unblinking look at who Barack Obama is and what forces propelled him into the White House.
Email: joy@joytiz.com (http://webmail2.centurytel.net/hwebmail/services/go.php?url=mailto%3Ajoy%40joytiz.com) or Twitter at: Joytiz (http://webmail2.centurytel.net/hwebmail/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fjoytiz)

rktect3j
11-09-09, 06:17 PM
Do you know what we miss when we call it a terrorist plot or similar?

The fact that this, if tried in a civillian court, would be a hate crime.

Same a a skin head killing 13 jews in a synogogue.

For some reason, i dunno why, calling it terrorism makes it seem something less to me.

Can't place my finger on it though. Weird.

rktect3j
11-09-09, 06:20 PM
I heard on the radio today that the score is basically 14,000 to 2 or 3.

That is that Islamic terrorists who have committed their acts/crimes against others vs. people, who in the name of christianity have done similar acts/crimes against others (example is the guy who killed the abortion doctor) in the last decade or so.

Wyoming
11-09-09, 06:20 PM
Call it what you want.

How about the **** the suicide ******* ****ing idiots do?

Would that better?

rktect3j
11-09-09, 06:23 PM
Call it what you want.

How about the **** the suicide ******* ****ing idiots do?

Would that better?

I think it effects public perception. From the left, he seems to be getting sympathy. The skinhead wouldn't. JMHO.

commdog7
11-09-09, 06:34 PM
It seems there is more and more evidence that this was a terrorist attack and not someone who just snapped. Aside from his involvement with terrorist websites, he also had contact with a radical Muslim imam who gave spiritual guidance to 2 of the 9/11 hijackers and preached violence towards Americans. Now the media is stating that this Army major was trying to get in touch with Al Qaeda. I don't think President Obama and the left media can ignore these ties much longer. I think the media is trying to protect the Muslims in this country, and I think they are right to a certain extent. This attack may alienate many fine Muslim citizens here in America, it is important that the media be careful of the message they convey. Lets not treat our allies as our enemies. But it is important for Americans to know that there are Muslim extremists living in America, one's who want to kill us all- we can't let our guard down.

mjhpgh
11-09-09, 07:56 PM
I would call it treason .It was him switching sides and engaging in a act of war.