PDA

View Full Version : divorce & BAH

roxieb
11-05-09, 11:08 AM
Hello Marines,

So the marriage didn't work out and I just want to know how soon after my divorce being official do I lose housing? How much time to I get to move out of housing? I'm sure someone's asked this question before but I couldn't find it on here, so any help would be appreciated.

echo3oscar1833
11-05-09, 11:20 AM
Hello Marines,

So the marriage didn't work out and I just want to know how soon after my divorce being official do I lose housing? How much time to I get to move out of housing? I'm sure someone's asked this question before but I couldn't find it on here, so any help would be appreciated.

I would imagine once its official you would loose it all, however don't take our word for it. Talk to your NCO/SNCO, they can help you out with admin and such. Sorry to hear about the divorce, it sucks been there myself after being married almost five years. Semper Fi.

Quinbo
11-05-09, 11:29 AM
Took a couple months for the housing and comrats to stop after my divorce became final. My next 2 pay checks after S-1 got things squared away .... count em $2 on the first then $7 on the 15th.

You need to stay right on top of that or this could be you.

Isrowei
11-05-09, 11:34 AM
What? Achped hasn't posted yet?

echo3oscar1833
11-05-09, 11:48 AM
What? Achped hasn't posted yet?

Holy **** sir, your back that's great. Achped dosn't come around anymore to much Captain. :D

mercury2671
11-05-09, 11:52 AM
I just went through a divorce about a year ago. You stop rating BAH and Comrats the day your divorce is finalized and filed unless kids are involved, then you are allowed to keep BAH and comrats to maintain housing for visitation

Isrowei
11-05-09, 11:58 AM
Holy **** sir, your back that's great. Achped dosn't come around anymore to much Captain. :D

Hi, Ben! Good to see you too. I'm not "back" per se... just stopping in to say hi to folks.

NoRemorse
11-05-09, 12:05 PM
What are you talking about? I don't see the Captain anywhere:marine:

echo3oscar1833
11-05-09, 01:13 PM
What are you talking about? I don't see the Captain anywhere:marine:

My bad :D

Wyoming
11-05-09, 01:14 PM
My bad :D

Mouthy little twirp.:D

Wyoming
11-05-09, 01:15 PM
Hello Marines,

Jody is on the way.

:beer:

:angel:

:cool:

Isrowei
11-05-09, 01:18 PM
Jody is on the way.

True story :) I shook his hand and wished him well...

echo3oscar1833
11-05-09, 01:20 PM
Jody is on the way.

:beer:

:cool:

Lol :D

WXSgt
08-07-11, 12:09 AM
I know this is old i was researching the same topic at last at MCB Camp Pendleton if you were previously married you can retain BAH per BO 5000.2K it also shows that "Personnel who were previously authorized BAH and had Personal effects shipped at government expense" are also entitled to BAH still