PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Question

TJR1070
11-05-09, 07:47 AM
I was in the market for a new hunting rifle and after all the research I have done I have pretty much settled on the Remington 700 series chambered in 30-06. I think it will be the best all around hunting rifle and the price range is what I am looking for.My question is does anyone own one of these rifles and are there inherent problems with the rifle? Also I can't decide between the Buckmasters edition or the extreme weather version. Any help to narrow the desicion would be appreciated. Thanks Brothers.

FistFu68
11-05-09, 08:51 AM
:evilgrin: Great choice in Caliber and Rifle,since mine is Old School wood stock Walnut I like that it tends too warm up the stock without my gloves on in the North Woods.But now I'd probably go with the Synthetic tends too stay cold but no warping!!!Be safe Happy Hunting.:usmc: :thumbup:

RYDERKUR
11-05-09, 09:45 AM
I have one in a .270. It's in my display picture and I've killed some deer with it. It is an absolute tack-driver. May I suggest a 3.5x10x40 Leupold on it also. You will not regret it for a second and it is well worth the price. Mine is a BDL with a detachable magazine, my personal opinion is the hinge plate is flimsy and such.

FistFu68
11-05-09, 01:31 PM
:evilgrin: The Redfield Wideview that was handed down got foggy on Me so I got a deal in '88 on a 30mm.tube Fixed 4x42 Zeiss,plus my Remington is very partial too spitting out 165 grain Winchester silver tips,or 165 grain Federal Nosler Partitions :thumbup: :iwo:

Wyoming
11-05-09, 01:37 PM
Winchester, open sight, 30.06, lever action.

The older the better and all knocked up and scarred, with a little rust here, and a little rust there.

Nobody will steal it offen the front seat, unless there were to look at its innards. Clean as a whistle and lightly oiled.

Best brush country deer/critter rifle around.

FistFu68
11-05-09, 01:47 PM
:evilgrin: Big Al, Hornady has sum new ammo Leverevolution I shoot my old 30-30 with a Peep site or open in my Winchester My papa gave it too Me in 1955.My daughters use my scope Rifles I feel like I'm cheating if I use a Scope (lmao) This new Hornady ammo is awesome check the Specks :beer: :iwo:

thewookie
11-05-09, 01:49 PM
I have a 700PSS in .308 that is, the cats meow......;)

oldtop
11-05-09, 02:03 PM
Remington 700BDL Varmit Master (bull barrel) in .308. Wanted a USMC M40, but the BDL works...an absolute tack driver, but heavy.