PDA

View Full Version : Will i get the chance do the recon screen at SOI?

paulw5555
11-04-09, 09:03 PM
It looks like i am going to get a 5 year 0311 contract (G2). What i was wondering is with this contract, at SOI will I at least get the chance to tryout for recon? Provided my pt scores and swim qual is good enough, do I at least get the chance to tryout or can they just say no for no reason? My recruiter says they can't deny me the chance to tryout but others have said that sometimes you just don't get the chance. There are no 0321 contracts open so thats not an option. Sorry if this is already covered i tryed to search but the 6 number thing doesn't show up so i cant search. Thanks.

USCFIGHTONUSC
11-04-09, 09:13 PM
Unless you have the specific contract that guarantees you a try out, then no one can guarantee you any try out.

You would need to get answers from recent graduates of infantry school because things change so often these days.

Read through this thread. Maybe it will help you.
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82918

MLMonk
11-04-09, 09:21 PM
If you really think you have a chance at recon, ask your recruiter to see if he can get you a recon slot. You will probably have to wait for an opening, but whats waiting a few months when you will be recon (if you make it) for the next few years.

josephd
11-05-09, 12:52 AM
When I was at SOI(MCT), they were giving alot of Marines from ITB the opportunity to go through the endoc/tryouts. I even knew some that have no business even being considered for recon and even they got a chance.

Quinbo
11-05-09, 01:33 AM
Your best source at this point is Cpl Accord. Look him up and PM him with your questions. His handle is accord

Backhaus 1103
11-05-09, 03:03 PM
When I went through ITB, they didn't even mention recon. It depends when you go.

fs19
11-07-09, 12:11 AM
It just depends on what company you are in. I was lucky enough to get a contract, and my company didn't ask anyone if they wanted to tryout, but some of the guys I went through BRC with did try out in ITB. It's luck of the draw and a matter of numbers whether or not the company you're in will have tryouts.

Lupo22
11-08-09, 06:24 PM
I just got out of ITB a month ago and recon was never even mentioned to any of us.