PDA

View Full Version : How to open a bottle of wine......with no corkscrew

jetdawgg
11-04-09, 06:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s89FqNpXO4&feature=player_embedded

The French get innovative:D

Osotogary
11-04-09, 07:04 PM
He could have just gone over to Germany and asked them for a Sommelier knife or gone over to England where. supposedly, the corkscrew was invented. LOL

A sommelier knife or waiter's friend is a corkscrew in a folding body similar to a pocket knife. It was conceived by the German Karl Wienke in 1882 and patented in Germany, England, and America.

An arm extends to brace against the lip of the bottle for leverage when removing the cork. Some sommelier knives have two steps on the lever, and often also a bottle opener. A small hinged knife blade is housed in the handle end for removing the foil wrapping the neck of many wine bottles.

kenrobg30
12-02-09, 07:02 PM
He could have just gone over to Germany and asked them for a Sommelier knife or gone over to England where. supposedly, the corkscrew was invented. LOL

A sommelier knife or waiter's friend is a corkscrew in a folding body similar to a pocket knife. It was conceived by the German Karl Wienke in 1882 and patented in Germany, England, and America.

An arm extends to brace against the lip of the bottle for leverage when removing the cork. Some sommelier knives have two steps on the lever, and often also a bottle opener. A small hinged knife blade is housed in the handle end for removing the foil wrapping the neck of many wine bottles.
:beer: I got a headache, That's too technical for me, Gary, I'm going to bed. Have a restful night, and best wishes, for you and yours. :usmc: Ken