PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Montford point Marines

Marine1955
11-03-09, 09:26 PM
How many here went to Montford Point, Camp Lejeune ,N.C.
I for one can Clam the title of a Montford Point Marine
Who else :nerd:

Quinbo
11-03-09, 10:39 PM
Bill,
You have me completely confused??? You went to boot camp there? Drill instructor there? Maybe you trained there before the name was changed to camp Johnson. Fill us in.

11-03-09, 10:44 PM
Motor T school was there (at least the mechanic school in '75-'76), I never heard it called Camp Johnson, only Montford Point. I was there between 10/75 and 4/76. There's a couple of pics in my albums on my profile page.

Wyoming
11-03-09, 10:49 PM
Montford Point Marine?

Was that not the boot camp for black Marines, before they were allowed into SD & PI.

My recollection is that those considered to be Montford Point Marines were the recruits.

I could be wrong.

http://www.montfordpointmarines.com/

Marine1955
11-04-09, 09:16 AM
Bill,
You have me completely confused??? You went to boot camp there? Drill instructor there? Maybe you trained there before the name was changed to camp Johnson. Fill us in.

Unless they did away with Parris island you went to boot camp there or San Diego. you did itr or school there motor t , supply school etc.
Not very many men or women can hold the right to say they went to montford point any more. we are just a very few that can say we went there before they change the name.

Wyoming
11-04-09, 09:44 AM
Unless they did away with Parris island you went to boot camp there or San Diego. you did itr or school there motor t , supply school etc.
Not very many men or women can hold the right to say they went to montford point any more. we are just a very few that can say we went there before they change the name.I stand by my original post as to those that are Montford Point Marines.

Marine1955
11-04-09, 10:08 AM
Montford Point Marine?

Was that not the boot camp for black Marines, before they were allowed into SD & PI.

My recollection is that those considered to be Montford Point Marines were the recruits.

I could be wrong.

http://www.montfordpointmarines.com/

your so right, but the men and women who also went there can also clam the right as Montford Marines. This is the only point I was really referring to. Not all Marines now who go to camp Johnson know the real history behind the camp. There is just a few of us left but you are correct Big AL Homes

Marine1955
11-04-09, 10:13 AM
P.S. I call emailed them and ask the Montford point marine ass. cause there is one and they said any Marine who went to Montford point before they change the name had the right to call him or herself a Montford point Marine. No matter what race you are Black ,White , Hispanic or Asian you earn the right just like going to boot camp at either Parris Island or San Diego.

Wyoming
11-04-09, 10:21 AM
... and I thank you for your service!!

david43844
11-04-09, 12:32 PM
I went several times.....ITR......then 3 supply schools

awbrown1462
11-04-09, 01:53 PM
went to Supply School there in 73