PDA

View Full Version : Retainer in boot camp?

paulw5555
11-03-09, 03:34 PM
I am in the process of enlisting right now and hope to leave june 2010. My braces have been off for almost a year but my question is that i have a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth and a removable ratainer on the top. The permanent one is just a thin metal wire behind the front teeth on the bottom row. I only wear the removable one at night. Will either of these be a problem at boot camp? Will i be able to put the retainer in at night? Any insight appreciated, thanks.

polizei
11-04-09, 10:48 AM
Fill out your profile, it's a must for the site. If you want any help, fill it out and read the site rules.

You'll be fine. I had, and still have my permanent bottom retainer in. I also had both temporary bottom and top retainers I wore at night. Sometimes you'll be too tired or just not care, but you can put them in after lights. I just kept mine in my hygiene bag under my rack. When you get to the depot, you'll have to write your name on the retainer lid and turn it in. About two weeks later you're DI's will give it back to you. I have no idea the reason for this...it's just what I had to do.