PDA

View Full Version : how can i change my status to poolee, and a question about my MOS?

Mulls
11-02-09, 06:47 PM
went to MEPS today, and while i didn't get my number 1 dream mos (dog handler, though obviously i'd only be shooting for MP at this time and would have to do a bunch of other stuff before going for that specific job), i got UW - presidential security! i hadn't expected to get it and i had actually made it my first choice, but the Gunnery Sergeant at MEPS told me my AFQT score was what got me it. can anyone elaborate a little on what presidential security does?

and yes, i want to change my status to poolee...

Thanks Marines!

Lisa 23
11-02-09, 06:57 PM
Use the search bar, as this topic has been covered before.
And update your profile to include your shipdate. :thumbup:

Fubar5812
11-03-09, 12:09 AM
being K9 is awsome, not gonna lie but presidental security is an extremely hard to get/coveted MOS. congratulations man.

Mulls
11-03-09, 10:34 AM
Thank you Sir, I'm excited to say the least. My ship date's June 7th, but I've been waiting for months just to join the DEP, and I'm not sure I want to wait six more to go to basic - I'm trying to get it pushed forward to February. From what I can tell, there's no guarantee of any sort that I'll even be close to the President at any time, but I'm just happy for the chance. Also, isn't presidential duty only a temporary position? Does anyone know if I go to plain security forces or just infantry afterwards?

Quinbo
11-03-09, 11:29 AM
Had a couple of Marines in my unit 1/5 that had come straight from Camp David. The one story I liked the best is of Bill Clinton going to the Marines rec room and grabbing a beer and sitting down and watching the super bowl with them. Yea it is not a full tour and you go from there to a fleet unit.

Mulls
11-03-09, 01:06 PM
Okay, Thanks Sergeant. That sounds just incredible, I'm so grateful to have been given the opportunity, I'm gonna spend less time thinking about it and more time concentrating on being the best recruit I can be - SOI, SFS and Camp David are a longgggg way away. Thanks for the info Marines!

Lisa 23
11-03-09, 02:02 PM
Thank you Sir, I'm excited to say the least. My ship date's June 7th, but I've been waiting for months just to join the DEP, and I'm not sure I want to wait six more to go to basic - I'm trying to get it pushed forward to February. From what I can tell, there's no guarantee of any sort that I'll even be close to the President at any time, but I'm just happy for the chance. Also, isn't presidential duty only a temporary position? Does anyone know if I go to plain security forces or just infantry afterwards?
The Marine Corps has boot camp, not basic.

Mulls
11-03-09, 02:39 PM
Apologies, 'boot camp' is classified as a specific type of basic training, I wasn't aware that people took offense to the term basic training.

Fubar5812
11-03-09, 09:22 PM
there is nothing "basic" about recruit training, you are transformed completely not just trained from a civilian.

Mulls
11-04-09, 06:43 AM
Agreed Sir, I'll make note of it next time.