PDA

View Full Version : PT Gear/Chow Hall

irizavrima
11-02-09, 05:01 PM
After returning from Iraq, I noticed more and more Marines are going into the chow halls aboard Camp Lejeune in PT gear. I have only seen Marines do this in the fast food lines/to-go lines and heard straight from the chow hall head chef that it is acceptable as long as you are not sitting down. Our own Field Mess chief, several SNCO's, and pretty much the rest of my Regiment turns a blind eye to it. Has something changed recently that I am unaware of?

Quinbo
11-02-09, 06:02 PM
I attended a couple of Army schools and the policy was as long as your PT gear was not muddy or dirty you could eat morning chow wearing it. Maybe the Marines are following suit. We always had a runner that would get 2 dozen to go for breakfast. Ate it at the beer garden. No jarhead standing in the chow line dressed like Richard Simmons.

Lupo22
11-02-09, 06:19 PM
i asked the same question here, being a boot and all and got the same response: fast food line to go only. It makes sense I guess. We have to be in formation for PT at like 0615. If we had to wake up, get in cami's, eat, then go change over before forming up, we'd be up at like 0330 every morning! and the time after PT really isn't enough to eat chow, even though it seems like it should be. I haven't eaten there yet myself, personally. Its cereal bars and pop-tarts to hold me over until lunch.

Supersquishy
11-02-09, 06:34 PM
I could see it as unsanitary to wear sweaty funky PT gear to chow the rule makes sense, however the rules that we were allowed to wear sweaty nasty work Uniforms (coveralls, and cammies from the field) to chow so Im lost. Who cares as long as mission is accomplished right?

GSEMarine94
11-02-09, 07:37 PM
I could see it as unsanitary to wear sweaty funky PT gear to chow the rule makes sense, however the rules that we were allowed to wear sweaty nasty work Uniforms (coveralls, and cammies from the field) to chow so Im lost. Who cares as long as mission is accomplished right?
Hell I use to use JP-5 as a cologne. :D

egbutler1
11-02-09, 08:55 PM
When I was in it was good to go if you were going threw the bag nasty line. But only in the morning. It all depended on what chow hall and what unit your with, don't know if there is a MCO on it. I never ate at the chow hall so never had to go in pt gear, personally i think its nasty but whatever.

sparkie
11-02-09, 09:11 PM
When I was in only weekends were laid back. Weekdays,,, Full uniform, Unless you were marched in after training by your CO.

GSEMarine94
11-02-09, 09:33 PM
When I was in only weekends were laid back. Weekdays,,, Full uniform, Unless you were marched in after training by your CO.

The uniform of the day when Sparkie was in, :D

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7417/15086.jpg

sparkie
11-02-09, 09:37 PM
You wanna look up my skirt?

gwamo1
11-03-09, 08:40 AM
In Okinawa, every chow hall I went to you could go to the fast chow line in dirty/sweating PT gear. The only reason it was allowed I think was because you only had a limited time top shower and change over before going back to work. In Oki, we started PTing at 0500, by the time the warm up exercises and stretching were done, 0530, then the actual PT. We got done around 0630ish and had to be at work by 0715. So it made sense in Okinawa. Now, here on Quantico, I see units STARTING the PT at 0730. WHAT IS THAT?!

TRosa06
11-03-09, 04:17 PM
From what I understand you have to wear proper civilian attire and can only wear PT gear for takeout.

MontezumaCpl
11-03-09, 09:28 PM
Hell I use to use JP-5 as a cologne. :D haha :marine:

Petz
11-03-09, 10:15 PM

actually we weren't allowed to wear coveralls in the chow hall. Hell, even going to the fast chow line to go we weren't allowed in.

I don't quite understand the issue, are you saying they are sitting down in PT gear eating chow? I'd like to see the order preventing/allowing them to do that.

I always thought it was the chow-halls bosses call.