PDA

View Full Version : School while active

JWeber
11-01-09, 04:59 PM
I have often read that a lot of active duty Marines are able to study do schooling while on active duty. I am sure that while deployed that it is probably very hard to do.

My question is, with a MOS of 03xx is there much time for courses of study while being stationed somewhere. I heard that the 03xx field spends a lot of time training and may limit the time to study compared to some other fields.

I appreciate any and all help, advice and information you Marines are able to provide. Thanks in advance.

smoking gunz
11-01-09, 06:42 PM
You will not have any time to go to school in the 03 field. If you want to go to school pick another mos.

brianjbeach85
11-01-09, 11:54 PM
smokin gunz is right.. if you want to go to school pick the 01XX field admin desk jockeys or be a supply cat "box kicker" those mos's have alot of down time and alot of desk/office time. The 03XX field is deployed every 6 months.. so much for the 1:1 dwell haha i've been deployed 3 times in 3 years.

JWeber
11-02-09, 06:50 PM
Thanks Marines, I appreciate the input. I wasn't to concerned about taking classes while on active, I was more or less just curious. The 03xx is the place for me I think and whether or not I get to take class is not important to me. There will be plenty of time for that after I get out, unless I go career.. not sure.