PDA

View Full Version : Will they bother?

hopefultom
11-01-09, 01:38 PM
Joining the military has always been in the back of my head. Specifically the Marine Corps becuase my grandfather served at the end of WWII (only the occupation of Japan,they dropped the bomb shortly...

ecfree
11-01-09, 03:58 PM
NO....................:evilgrin:

Zulu 36
11-01-09, 04:09 PM
You will be treated like a leper, especially now when people without criminal problems of any sort are lining up to get in. <br />
<br />
I won't even refer you to the Army since you have pending charges and...

USCFIGHTONUSC
11-01-09, 04:09 PM
You need to take care of your issues first, and then go see a recruiter. If the courts were to allow you to enlist in exchange for your crimes being reduced or tossed aside, then this would only hurt...

hopefultom
11-01-09, 04:21 PM
I figured I would be a no-go for the Corps. Just trying to be optimistic.

So do you all think the Army would be an option after I get my stuff taken care of?

I finally made up my mind to enlist after I hit this trouble because it was really a wake up call. I now know that if I continue on this self destructive path the only uniform I will be wearing will say "state prison" on the back. Like I said above I see enlisting as a way to get myself on track and to continue my adult life as a productive citizen.

It's a bummer, but I will live and carry on. Hopefully I will find a way to serve.

Lisa 23
11-01-09, 05:14 PM
I figured I would be a no-go for the Corps. Just trying to be optimistic.

So do you think the Army would be an option after I get my stuff taken care of?

I finally made up my mind to enlist after I hit this trouble because it was really a wake up call. I now know that if I continue on this self destructive path the only uniform I will be wearing will say "state prison" on the back. Like I said above I see enlisting as a way to get myself on track and to continue my adult life as a productive citizen.

It's a bummer, but I will live and carry on. Hopefully I will find a way to serve.

Why do people think that we know all the answers to their questions.
This is a Marine Coprs site. You'll have to go to an Army site and ask them.

Phantom Blooper
11-01-09, 05:34 PM
As stated you have to take of all this and be drug free to join any branch of service. <br />
<br />
None of the services tolerate a thief......this can potentially lead to bodily harm if you are caught and run...

Lisa 23
11-01-09, 05:39 PM
This is a Marine Corps site. You'll have to go to an Army site and ask them.
I made a spelling error in my original post, my bad.

hopefultom
11-01-09, 06:03 PM
This is a Marine Coprs site. You'll have to go to an Army site and ask them.

I asked a simple question relating to the Army because another forum member mentioned the Army. It's very well possible that someone has had experience with Army recruitment process and their stance on potential members with a criminal history.

Did I do any harm by asking a simple question? I've been lurking this forum for quite some while and it seems that a number of your posts are simply you jumping down some wannabees or poolees throat for simple trivial ****. Is it really necessary or constructive? Especially on an internet forum. It's not like we are in bootcamp, the fleet,or even a military base. IT IS the INTERNET!

hopefultom
11-01-09, 06:13 PM
As stated you have to take of all this and be drug free to join any branch of service.

None of the services tolerate a thief......this can potentially lead to bodily harm if you are caught and run into the wrong person that doesn't believe in politically correctness or is defending his family and home with a loaded firearm.

Before you go to a recruiter of any branch or the judge you need to do a personal evaluation of yourself and truthfully ask if you are really willing to give up this lifestyle.....or are you only willing to stay straight to avoid the inevitable consequences that are coming down the pike?

If the answer is NO stay on the street.....jails and prison systems offer the same thing as the Armed Services except very little in pay(Unless work release...and most of it goes for restitution) and three hots and a cot!

:evilgrin:

Thanks for the constructive criticism. After getting busted I had to finally confront what I had become (theif) and I hate it. I really want to enlist now because I feel that it would allow me to shed this skin that I have and allow me to become someone different,someone I can be proud of. Whether that be a Marine or Soldier I will gladly take either instead of having to look at the "man in the mirror" and see myself as a theif.

The consequences may be harsh (jail,prison,etc) but it is nothing compared to having live life feeling like a complete scumbag and having you family look at you the same way.
Service in the military would allow me to feel better about myself and allow me to turn a new page in my life and end this chapter of being a dumbass, theiving, ****head.

Lisa 23
11-01-09, 06:40 PM
I asked a simple question relating to the Army because another forum member mentioned the Army. It's very well possible that someone has had experience with Army recruitment process and their stance on potential members with a criminal history.

Did I do any harm by asking a simple question? I've been lurking this forum for quite some while and it seems that a number of your posts are simply you jumping down some wannabees or poolees throat for simple trivial ****. Is it really necessary or constructive? Especially on an internet forum. It's not like we are in bootcamp, the fleet,or even a military base. IT IS the INTERNET!
I'd watch your tone there.
Questions like yours are always being asked. We're not Recruiters here.
You asked a question and I gave you an answer. You don't like the answer I gave you, then oh well.
This may be the internet, but this is also a Marine Corps site, and you are just a guest here. Show respect when talking to Marines whether you like the answers that are given or not.

hopefultom
11-01-09, 07:06 PM
I'd watch your tone there.
Questions like yours are always being asked. We're not Recruiters here.
You asked a question and I gave you an answer. You don't like the answer I gave you, then oh well.
This may be the internet, but this is also a Marine Corps site, and you are just a guest here. Show respect when talking to Marines whether you like the answers that are given or not.

Where was I disrespectful? I simply pointed out that many of your "answers" are not constructive.

If an answer isn't constructive then whats the use? To annoy/humiliate, if thats what you enjoy doing let me know so I can simply disregard any future replies from your screen name.

If you hate the recruitment questions why bother to take the time to read/answer them?

Lisa 23
11-01-09, 07:17 PM
First, I didn't say you were disrespectful. I said show respect when talking to Marines.
Second, learn to keep your mouth shout. This kind of attitude will always get you in trouble.
Third, some of my posts may or may not be constructive criticism because of wannabes and poolees with attitudes.
Fourth, never said I hate recruitment questions. It's when young men and women come in here and ask questions like yours that have been in some type of trouble with the law, they are looking for answers that at times, only a Recruiter can answer, and again, we aren't Recruiters.
Fifth, you want an honest answer to your question, then go and talk with a Recruiter.

Now, on that note...just drop it and leave it alone.

Wyoming
11-01-09, 07:33 PM
Kinda makes me wonder how serious this issue is, as it appears bad, especially since you 'got religion' less than a week after you last boo-boo.

hopefultom
11-01-09, 07:45 PM
Kinda makes me wonder how serious this issue is, as it appears bad, especially since you 'got religion' less than a week after you last boo-boo.

I'm most likely facing probation as none of them are felonies, and have no priors as an adult.

After spending a weekend in jail I realized that it would suck major ass to go through life in and out of jail. Also seeing how it effected my family really bothered me. My mom was really busted up, I could tell that if I ever had to go away to prison for serious time it would put her in the grave. One of the main reasons why i'm gonna straighten my life out.

SGT7477
11-01-09, 07:47 PM
I made a spelling error in my original post, my bad.
Yes you did Marine I would say army.:D

SGT7477
11-01-09, 07:50 PM

Are you pizzed at that Marine, she didn't cause you your problems, one thing you need to know you pizz one Marine off you will have to deal with all of us.:evilgrin:

hopefultom
11-01-09, 07:54 PM
Are you pizzed at that Marine, she didn't cause you your problems, one thing you need to know you pizz one Marine off you will have to deal with all of us.:evilgrin:

Never said she did. I have not blamed ANY of my problems on anybody but myself. I am now looking to resolve them and better myself.

Wyoming
11-01-09, 08:07 PM

Amen Brother, Amen.

A little addition to that, 2 Marines can get it on, and as long as no one gets badly hurt, they'll be breaking bread and drinking together as soon as the club re-opens.

Wyoming
11-01-09, 08:11 PM
Never said she did. I have not blamed ANY of my problems on anybody but myself. I am now looking to resolve them and better myself.

The Marines are a bit selective.

There are 4 other service branches that MAY help/take you.

Check with them.

Sgt Leprechaun
11-01-09, 08:55 PM
At this time, your chances of enlistment into ANY branch are nil. As in, 'zero'. <br />
<br />
Once your charges have been adjudicated, then you can consider the military, depending on how these charges...