PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Ball

TRosa06
11-01-09, 11:07 AM
Got my first Marine Corps Ball tonight. I've been waiting for this for to long now. Was supposed to be off work till 1300 tomorrow but I start class tomorrow and have to be in at 0715 now. Oh well, It'll still be fun. When is do all you have your ball?

Donut Brigade
11-01-09, 12:36 PM
I didn't buy the ticket. $65 is a little steep for the dinner.

dizark
11-01-09, 01:04 PM
Our's here in Hawaii is the 19th. Probably not going but buying a ticket regardless.

TRosa06
11-02-09, 08:12 PM
Ours was $50, definately overpriced now that I went. It was supposed to be open bar, crazy how that changed to 4 beers..glad I pre-gamed. It was a fun time regarless. Nice Dizard, I'm sure it will be fun at Hawaii.

josephd
11-02-09, 11:44 PM
Mine is coming up this Saturday, should be a good time

itzs4m
11-03-09, 01:14 AM
mine is on the 14th our tickets were $60 per person. so total i spent for my date and i is well over $300

$120 - Ball tickets
$100 - VIP section Dusk Nightclub in Atlantic City
$120 - Hotel room

how awesome is it to be in the reserves! =P

Petz
11-03-09, 01:51 AM
RS Detroits is 40 dollars but they're trying to make us buy 70 dollar hotel rooms! haha, NO.

40 dollars open bar, but I don't care if they close it down, it's in a hotel banquet hall so I can leave whenever my ride comes to pick me up.

spokelse0
11-03-09, 03:57 AM
25 dollar tickets, free beer, dinner was good

mercury2671
11-03-09, 08:22 AM
Ours is this Saturday. Free tickets for us and dates, open bar, just paying for what we drink out at the bars afterwards

josephd
11-03-09, 11:47 PM
I have a question, didn't feel the need to start a new thread for it...

If we are bringing a date, do we get them the little flower thing they pin on their dress like prom?...please tell me no!

BR34
11-04-09, 06:26 AM
I didn't buy a ticket, but they're only 15 bucks. Just didn't want to go. The Ball isn't very much fun.

BUT, I managed to get myself voluntold to do Sword Detail for the ceremony, so I get to stand on stage for an hour holding a NCO Sword at parade rest.

Zulu 36
11-04-09, 06:43 AM
RS Detroits is 40 dollars but they're trying to make us buy 70 dollar hotel rooms! haha, NO.

40 dollars open bar, but I don't care if they close it down, it's in a hotel banquet hall so I can leave whenever my ride comes to pick me up.

Where are they holding the RS Ball this year? I've been to a couple of RS-Detroit Balls years past.

Petz
11-04-09, 08:43 AM
I have a question, didn't feel the need to start a new thread for it...

If we are bringing a date, do we get them the little flower thing they pin on their dress like prom?...please tell me no!

NO, you're an adult now. Not some fawning child.

as for sword detail, I did it last year. I'm glad the Sgt Maj was all about making it quick, but out special guest was MarForRes's Sgt Maj and he talked quite a bit.

who have you got BR?

@zulu I can't remember which one, but it's the newly remodeled hotel near the airport in romulus.

BR34
11-04-09, 10:07 AM
as for sword detail, I did it last year. I'm glad the Sgt Maj was all about making it quick, but out special guest was MarForRes's Sgt Maj and he talked quite a bit.

who have you got BR?

I actually have no idea. But I think we had MarForRes's SgtMaj last year too, and he went on and on about the BRAC and how they're hoping the move to New Orleans will be a smooth transition. He lost about 20% of the Marines, spouses, and civilians during his speech..everyone went outside to the bar and had a drink. It was pretty bad.

Zulu 36
11-04-09, 12:33 PM
@zulu I can't remember which one, but it's the newly remodeled hotel near the airport in romulus.

OK, thanks. Just curious. I know they moved it around town in the past and I would go when it was somewhere on the east side.

BR34
11-06-09, 09:27 AM
who have you got BR?

Found out today that our guest speaker is Sgt. James Wright. He came in a talked to us for a little while today at a PME.

http://www.talkingproud.us/ImagesPhotoGallery/Serve/WrightJames.jpg

Meserole08orah
11-06-09, 11:38 AM
Our's here in Hawaii is the 19th. Probably not going but buying a ticket regardless.

I will see you there :) Im going with a motor t marine

Zulu 36
11-06-09, 11:48 AM
I will see you there :) Im going with a motor t marine

Motor T Marine for a date? Scraping the bottom of the barrel? (I can say this being a former Motor T Marine). :D