PDA

View Full Version : Reporting to a deployed unit (Reserves)

Flaco
10-31-09, 11:01 PM
Good evening Marines,

I recently found out which reserve unit I will be assigned to, and checked out their unit website and discovered they will be deploying soon. It wasn't very specific, I believe it said "400 day mobilization" starting in december. I am most likely leaving to boot camp in the next few weeks, and therefore would be done with SOI/ITB in 5-6 months if everything goes well. My question is: would I be allowed to join my unit seeing as they will most likely already be in Afghanistan/Iraq? Or would I be prevented from joining up with them because I did not participate in their pre-deployment training? Also, if I was not allowed to join up with them would I not drill until they return or would I drill with another unit?

Thanks

josephd
11-01-09, 03:01 AM
Good evening Marines,

I recently found out which reserve unit I will be assigned to, and checked out their unit website and discovered they will be deploying soon. It wasn't very specific, I believe it said "400 day mobilization" starting in december. I am most likely leaving to boot camp in the next few weeks, and therefore would be done with SOI/ITB in 5-6 months if everything goes well. My question is: would I be allowed to join my unit seeing as they will most likely already be in Afghanistan/Iraq? Or would I be prevented from joining up with them because I did not participate in their pre-deployment training? Also, if I was not allowed to join up with them would I not drill until they return or would I drill with another unit?

Thanks

I doubt the whole unit/company went on the deployment, if they did I am not sure about how the drills would work. As far as checking in goes, you check in with I&I staff which handles all the administration duties who will be there.

polizei
11-01-09, 04:24 PM
Whenever you're done with your training, you'll check into the unit. There will be people there, the whole unit's not going to be on deployment. If you miss it, well, there's next time...you won't be able to catch them if you they're already deployed. You'll still go to your unit and drill like regular.