PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

jNut
10-31-09, 01:39 AM
Hello Marines,
First of all thanks for taking the time to help poolee's like this one.
My first question involves my run; I hurt my leg(calf) from squatting to much weight about 4 months ago and havn't been on it since(it is fine now just a little tight) but my run has been reduced significantly. I can run it in about 12 mins. So my question to with that is: am I going to be in a world of pain for not having that great of a time?
My pullups are great, I still worked out my upperbody when I was recovering from my injury and can put up about 25 pullups. My crunches are fine as well.

Second is about my MOS, which is Command and Control/Electrician. I have googled it but it seems to be a relatively new mos and couldn't find much info on it. I was curious about how many weeks the MOS school is, along with what are typical deployment areas.

Also when do you think it would be a good time to quit my job? I work night shifts. (Maybe like a week before? It involves lifting a lot of heavy stuff)
Thank you.

dizark
10-31-09, 09:47 PM
jNut, be sure to fill out your profile a little more please as it's sparse on information.

Which run are you referring to? The IST run 1.5 miles I'm assuming. If so, 12 minutes isn't that bad, so long as your leg doesn't prohibit you from running 3 miles within 28 minutes or less.

I signed up for the same MOS you haved signed for. I'm assuming you got a 10k bonus? Anyways, the MOS field consists of two different MOS fields; Communications and Utilities. You could get any job under these 2 fields that you qualify for but it's up to the Marine Corps. Utilities is jobs like Electrician and water support technician, where Communications is Radio Operator, Wireman, etc. I ended up become a Field Radio Operator. Comm school is located in 29 Palms, CA. I'm not sure where the Utilities school would be held.

Quit your job when you feel necessary. Only you can decide to quit it so long as you're going to be ok for money. If it requires heavy lifting, I'd give myself more than a week off to rest, but that really depends on you.

Best of luck!