PDA

View Full Version : "PDQ" for tracheostomy?

Rehk
10-29-09, 11:44 PM
I was told recently that I had a "PDQ" which I was told meant permanent disqualification. I had a tracheotomy last year, which has fully healed. Medical papers came back saying that it was a disqualifier. I have read through the medical disqualifications and cannot find anything about this, does anyone know if this is a mistake? I'm hoping that its a mistake, or that there is a way around it. I recently completed the Marine Corps Marathon, which I was hoping would prove that I was in a healthy state, which apparently didn't work. Does anyone know what my next move should be? My recruiters said that they would take it to MEPS, because they couldn't figure out why it said that it was a "PDQ".

Thanks.

WKranz
10-29-09, 11:52 PM
I do know that I got a trach while in the corps and am not being kicked out because of it. Don't know why it would dq you.

Rehk
10-29-09, 11:55 PM
It came as a complete surprise to me when the medical papers came back saying that. It also had the waiver section crossed out. Is there a possibility that it can be over-turned? My recruiters seemed to think so, as it wasn't seen anywhere in the Disqualifications lists?