PDA

View Full Version : Brainwashed?

JWeber
10-29-09, 01:30 PM
I have no intention on offending anyone. But I have been told when trying to decide what branch would best suit me, people (both military and not (no Marines though) have said not to join the Marines because they are all brainwashed, quality of life sucks and they are stuck with ****tier equipment. Can anyone shed any light on this topic for me?

P.S. I understand many probably are just envious of the Marines and try to discourage those who want the be apart of the best..any other reasons?

sparkie
10-29-09, 01:36 PM
Brainwashed? Yes. Most brains could use a good washing.I sure would hate to think like a civilian again.

NoRemorse
10-29-09, 01:38 PM
Yes, they wash all that trash out of your brain housing group in Boot.

BR34
10-29-09, 01:39 PM
I have no intention on offending anyone. But I have been told when trying to decide what branch would best suit me, people (both military and not (no Marines though) have said not to join the Marines because they are all brainwashed, quality of life sucks and they are stuck with ****tier equipment. Can anyone shed any light on this topic for me?

Sounds accurate to me...no, really.

slimmy07
10-29-09, 01:49 PM
One question, who is telling you this? Are they people that served in the 50's, 60's or 70's? Unfortunately many people including Marines who served in those times did see the Marine Corps get old equipment and live in quonset huts. I had to deal with questions like this all the time when I was on recruiting duty and unfortunately it was from veteran Marines, Sailors etc. etc. telling my applicants how it "used" to be. I emphasize USED to be. Things change with time. People used to walk a mile or two to school, now parents drop off the kids. People used to have only one car, now most households have multiple. What I'm trying to say is things change. As far as the brainwashing goes, they cut open our head, then take out the brain, then put them through the dishwasher, then put them back in our heads.

Petz
10-29-09, 01:52 PM
they indoctrinate you in boot camp, but that's partially to get you into the military mindset. You can't have a professional military with a bunch of high school attitudes, you need discipline. Un-educated people call that brainwashing, reinforced by seeing all the nasty scum joining the Marines during the Viet Nam era while the draft was on and turned them into upstanding citizens.

indoctrinate |inˈdäktrəˌnāt|
verb [ trans. ]
teach (a person or group) to accept a set of beliefs uncritically : broadcasting was a vehicle for indoctrinating the masses.
• archaic teach or instruct (someone) : he indoctrinated them in systematic theology.

10-29-09, 01:55 PM
And the people telling you these things, have they BT&DT? If not, pray tell, how exactly would they know? One of the quotes at the top of the "forums" page goes something like, "There's only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines, and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

sparkie
10-29-09, 01:57 PM
Nasty scum,,,Draft,,, Nam,,, upstanding citizens.... I'm startin to like you, Petz

Petz
10-29-09, 02:02 PM
well, it's true. Imagine how nasty you'd be if you didn't become a Marine?!! haha

I think I'd be dead somewhere by now, possibly have some kind of communal disease.

0331 2 0369
10-29-09, 02:11 PM
I am a Marine

I am a Marine

I am a Marine

I am a Marine

I am a Marine

I am a Marine

I am not brainwashed

I am not brainwashed

I am not brainwashed

I am not brainwashed

NoRemorse
10-29-09, 02:13 PM
I have the urge to find chalk and a blackboard for some odd reason.

awbrown1462
10-29-09, 02:16 PM
saw a show one time tears ago they where talking about brainwashing and saying there where something like 12 points to it and that the Marines used about 9 of them
like isolation and talking in the 3rd party but again this was years ago

echo3oscar1833
10-29-09, 02:17 PM
For some reason this thread makes me feel good about myself. :D

0331 2 0369
10-29-09, 02:17 PM
I have the urge to find chalk and a blackboard for some odd reason.

I feel like I need another couple of jolts of electricity about not. My batteries are running low.

NoRemorse
10-29-09, 02:20 PM
I feel like I need another couple of jolts of electricity about not. My batteries are running low.

I can't keep my eyeballs lubricated, what do you use when you're watching... uh... the instructional videos?

0331 2 0369
10-29-09, 02:23 PM
I can't keep my eyeballs lubricated, what do you use when you're watching... uh... the instructional videos?

WD40 works good for me. Especially after about the 4th or 5th time.