PDA

View Full Version : G2 Contract Signed

WesDean
10-28-09, 07:32 PM
Hello Marines--hope you're having a good night. I have a simple question...

I just signed my official contract which was labeled as "G2" for Infantry. It is a 5 year contract with a bonus. I'm wondering if it is anything different from basic Infantry because it is called G2 instead of 03. It is still true Infantry, correct?

I ship out on Monday and I'm very excited. I look forward to working hard to join you all as Marines. Thank you.

Petz
10-28-09, 09:06 PM
it's because it's a 5 year with a 7500 dollar bonus. Don't worry about it, you'll be a grunt.

WesDean
10-28-09, 09:11 PM
Thank you for the response.

echo3oscar1833
10-28-09, 10:00 PM
it's because it's a 5 year with a 7500 dollar bonus. Don't worry about it, you'll be a grunt.

Wow, a $7,500 bonus thats pretty sweet, wish I would have gotten a bonus like that when I enlisted. Only if????????:nerd::D

scifguard
10-28-09, 11:53 PM
We have a guy who just got to my unit who got a $25,000 sign in bonus. It's almost as much as the Army gives.

MontezumaCpl
10-29-09, 12:09 AM
Wow, a $7,500 bonus thats pretty sweet, wish I would have gotten a bonus like that when I enlisted. Only if????????:nerd::D

I would have settled for a $100.00 dollar bonus. :marine:

WesDean
10-29-09, 08:45 PM
When did they start the G2 program? I always recall 03 being the only Infantry contract out there.

Sounds like something Obama may have implemented but I'm probably wrong.

echo3oscar1833
10-29-09, 09:18 PM
When did they start the G2 program? I always recall 03 being the only Infantry contract out there.

Sounds like something Obama may have implemented but I'm probably wrong.

You would be wrong, also read the rules. Please refrain from Political Discussions here. Your main focus should be on Boot Camp, not on Politics.

Rule Ten: there will no political threads or posts of any kind in the recruit forums, you are here to concentrate on the yellow foot steps not politics!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048

Petz
10-29-09, 10:25 PM
G2 has always been around as far as I know, it's the job code, each MOS in the Corps falls under one, it just so happens all the 03 fields fall under the G2 code.

and it's funny, cause there's a saying out there. Are you a G2 waiver? meaning you're so dumb you couldn't even get into infantry. (it has some of the lowest scores to qualify for but believe me, you get some of the Smartest Marines going that route)

WesDean
10-29-09, 10:36 PM
G2 has always been around as far as I know, it's the job code, each MOS in the Corps falls under one, it just so happens all the 03 fields fall under the G2 code.

and it's funny, cause there's a saying out there. Are you a G2 waiver? meaning you're so dumb you couldn't even get into infantry. (it has some of the lowest scores to qualify for but believe me, you get some of the Smartest Marines going that route)

Do you mean most G2's are for people who didn't score high enough for Infantry? I had a high ASVAB score--it's just infantry was so high in demand that I had to get a G2. I understand what you mean, though.

Do any other fields fall under G2 or is it just 03? Thank you for the information.

echo3oscar1833
10-29-09, 10:37 PM

I really don't know why but I find that entire post to be funnier than it should be :D

Petz
10-29-09, 11:05 PM
Do you mean most G2's are for people who didn't score high enough for Infantry? I had a high ASVAB score--it's just infantry was so high in demand that I had to get a G2. I understand what you mean, though.

Do any other fields fall under G2 or is it just 03? Thank you for the information.

there are contract codes, and for all the 03xx jobs that code happens to be G2. My MOS fell under CD. Do you see it yet? ok, to qualify to be infantry requires some of the lowest scores (not THE lowest) in the Marine Corps, so the saying is a joke that's been around for a very very very long time. You can get waivers for your line scores for up to 3 points, so to be a G2 waiver means you couldn't even score high enough to be infantry.

now, over 40% of infantry happens to have 90s and better for the asvab, so I was saying that they have some of the smartest Marines in infantry.

WesDean
10-29-09, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I get it now. I'm so glad I was able to get the G2, though. I would have signed a 10 year contract, as long as it meant I could be Infantry. Thanks again for the response.