PDA

View Full Version : UDP to OKI. Is the PAY Tax-Free?

christ0ph0311
10-26-09, 06:43 PM
Our next deployment might not be a combat deployment, which sucks because I need the extra pay again this time. I know i'll get FSA, but is Okinawa deployment pay tax-free? Any other special pays or allowances on UDP? Thanks

Wheels123
10-26-09, 07:39 PM
No the pay is not tax free. You might get per diem if you are lucky. If I remember correctly you will rate OCONUS COLA. Other than that there isn't any special pay for being there. Just remember not to get wasted and eat any bananas.

GREY MATTER
10-27-09, 02:21 AM
No the pay is not tax free. You might get per diem if you are lucky. If I remember correctly you will rate OCONUS COLA. Other than that there isn't any special pay for being there. Just remember not to get wasted and eat any bananas.

best advice ive ever seen on here...LMAO

also do not goto whisper alley

Parker-0321
10-27-09, 06:01 AM
you will still pay taxes here just like on any other westpac deployment (as far as i know). COLA isn't even worth mentioning. it's slowly been diminishing with every pay day, we're "being weened off of COLA". someone up top thinks it costs the same to live here as it does in the states. definitely not.

ha, bananas. i know a guy that got VD in the throat from that one.

take a battle sites tour or tunnel rat tour while you're here, you won't be disappointed.

Wheels123
10-27-09, 01:15 PM
best advice ive ever seen on here...LMAO

also do not goto whisper alley

Haha. Yeah whisper alley is a no-go. Same ladies working there since the 1920's. Take the long trip up north to the Oceean Expo Park. It is a big place and prices arent too bad compared to what you would pay stateside for the same thing. If you are out on Gate 2 street feeling hungry after downing 10 too many shots of Habu Sake you should find the guy with the Yakitori Cart. That stuff tastes like heaven when you are wasted. Just stay away from it sober though. Check out Four Seasons for a good meal too.

For some reason the Marine Corps likes to send me to Okinawa once or twice every year.

christ0ph0311
10-27-09, 05:59 PM
wow this is going to suck. more awful training ON deployment, no extra pay, same old garrison bs...

GREY MATTER
10-28-09, 02:26 AM
wow this is going to suck. more awful training ON deployment, no extra pay, same old garrison bs...

you couldnt be more wrong...OKI is a blast.

christ0ph0311
10-28-09, 03:57 AM
idk about that. My workup is coming up on a year now and still got a couple more months to go. I'd really just love to get in-country, get into the groove of things and do our thing for 7 months and let time fly. we're all Effing sick of training and garrison life bs :mad: been CONUS way too long...

Petz
10-28-09, 07:41 AM
I don't know about you, but my nov 1-15 cola in Oki with three dependants is 550ish...

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/perdiem/ocform.html