PDA

View Full Version : Marines declined me

FastEddie4004
10-26-09, 04:19 PM
Hi my name is Ed Williams. <br />
<br />
I applied to join the Marine Corps in April/May of 2009. When i went to MEPS to get processed, i told the doctor that i have had mononucleosis, and i had it in January...

Zulu 36
10-26-09, 06:54 PM
OK, what would like us to do for you? Your post is poorly written and difficult to understand. I don't know why your previous recruiter flagged your file - only the current recruiter can tell you...

FastEddie4004
10-26-09, 07:19 PM
I do not need a waiver anymore. I need a waiver when i got temporarily disqualified, but my disqualification was over in June/July. What i don't get is why they would flag my file when i told my previous recruiter i plan to come re-enlist. I was going to be getting a waiver, but then i told my recruiter that ill just wait, and by then my disqualification will be over. What i don't understand is im fine now, i don't need waivers, i just need to return to MEPS, get sworn in and that's it. Physical is done, and everything else is fine. Ill have to talk to the recruiter more face to face i guess. Sorry the first post was poorly written, but there wasn't an edit button.

And what do you mean a "problem child"?

Zulu 36
10-26-09, 07:35 PM
I do not need a waiver anymore. I need a waiver when i got temporarily disqualified, but my disqualification was over in June/July. What i don't get is why they would flag my file when i told my previous recruiter i plan to come re-enlist. I was going to be getting a waiver, but then i told my recruiter that ill just wait, and by then my disqualification will be over. What i don't understand is im fine now, i don't need waivers, i just need to return to MEPS, get sworn in and that's it. Physical is done, and everything else is fine. Ill have to talk to the recruiter more face to face i guess. Sorry the first post was poorly written, but there wasn't an edit button.

And what do you mean a "problem child"?

I don't know. Go ask the current recruiter. I said "maybe" he noted you as a problem child. In other words, someone not worth extra effort, for whatever reason I don't know. Perhaps you said something, did something, dressed funny, tried to kiss him. I don't know, I wasn't there.

You will have to deal with the new recruiter or his chain of command to work out your problem. That is the answer from here.

FastEddie4004
10-26-09, 09:02 PM
Thank You Sir. Ill try my best.

Bdchi1
10-26-09, 10:18 PM
Thank You Sir. Ill try my best.

Even with a flagged file, you should ask the current recruiter what you can do to improve your status in his office. Ask how long it would take for you to "re-prove" your desire and qualifications to go to boot. If he stonewalls you, then go hang out in front of his office every chance you get. Be very persistent, but be VERY RESPECTFUL. Ask if you can help with Toy-for-Tots drive. Ask if you can help with some names on his potential candidate list. You should PT and get in the best shape you can, and let him know that you are working out and improving yourself physically. Hell, jog past his office on your runs.

Also, take your ass to the library and read a couple of Marine Corps related books. I recommend books that address the true essence of being a Marine: e.g., Marine Sniper or Chesty's biography. Go tell the recruiter about these books and what they meant to you.

This is the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS, and you better believe that talk is cheap. Get pro-active in demonstrating your desire to become a Marine. What do you have to lose? At the very least, taking these steps will make you a better individual, both physically and mentally.

Go forth and prosper. Best of luck.

echo3oscar1833
10-27-09, 12:03 AM
Basically like the other Marines said, you dropped the ball, and now you have to re-prove your worth. Hope it works out for ya.