PDA

View Full Version : quick question

kdavis
10-25-09, 02:08 PM
just wondering if there are any free thinking marines out there? i have yet to run across one yet, but im sure there is at least one running around somewhere.

hbarcus
10-25-09, 02:13 PM
First off Marines is capitalized. From now on you will capitalize the words Marine Corps. Also, use correct grammar and punctuation.

Aren't you a poolee? And you're really going to come onto this forum and say that Marines aren't free thinkers?

Marines in general are free thinkers. Just because Marines have the Honor, Courage, and Commitment to do the right thing at the right time as they were told/taught to do; does not mean we are not free thinkers.

We have personal lives outside of the Marine Corps. We're not a group of brainwashed robots.

Either reword your sentence, or leave the forum. If you want to talk **** about Marines, I highly suggest you do it elsewhere. Its going to get you nothing but trouble here.

Do you understand?

USCFIGHTONUSC
10-25-09, 02:19 PM
I disagree with the above poster who said most Marines are free thinkers. Only a very small percentage of the population would be considered true free thinkers. Just because a person thinks freely from time to time does not make him a free thinker.

Free thinkers view life very differently then the masses and are often seen as outcasts of society because of their rare ability to think freely.

I don't know if this questions was asked to offend or if he really is looking for a free thinker.

Lisa 23
10-25-09, 02:19 PM
This isn't a chat room either.
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
Rule Seven the forums are not social a chatroom if you want to speak to a peer in that way do it on PM or by email or in the chatroom!

The Ask A Marine forum is to allow those who are aspiring to join the Marine Corps the chance to ask questions regarding this career choice, and your question has nothing to do with aspiring to be a Marine.

hbarcus
10-25-09, 02:25 PM
I guess the proper statement would be define a free thinker, then.

kdavis
10-25-09, 02:28 PM
It was just an observation and opinion. Take it as you wish...
I guess my question should have been why do Marines talk to people like their crap stuck to the bottom of their boots.

Fortunately for me you have absolutely no authority over me whatsoever other than possibly kicking me off this forum (which is nicely put togethor if I say so myself) and I don't even think you could do that yourself. You shouldn't talk down to people it's just not very becoming.
Do you understand that?

kdavis
10-25-09, 02:31 PM
All great responses. Thank you I didn't mean my question to be offensive.

That was a question to a Marine so I think it's valid in this section. Aren't we all technically chatting with one another on here?

Yes, I guess first I should define "free thinker" myself.

Lisa 23
10-25-09, 02:38 PM
I guess my question should have been why do Marines talk to people like their crap stuck to the bottom of their boots.

Fortunately for me you have absolutely no authority over me whatsoever other than possibly kicking me off this forum (which is nicely put togethor if I say so myself) and I don't even think you could do that yourself. You shouldn't talk down to people it's just not very becoming.
Do you understand that?
Remember...you're just a "guest" on this site.
You are disrespecting the Marines you are talking to, which will not be tolerated.
Read this before posting in Ask A Marine
Expect respect until you disrespect. Marines follow a tradition of mentorship which is the reason why most of us answer questions here. If we perceive a bad attitude in your correspondence with us, you may become familiar with more of our traditions, hostility and belligerence. Don’t go away mad. Just go away. The site administrator will expedite your departure.

Wyoming
10-25-09, 02:45 PM

Do you understand that?

Wow, Whoa and Yeow!!

I just wonder, Kyle Davis from Lawrenceville, Georgia, shipping to PI 22 March of 2010, if GySgt Carrasco, telephone number 770.418.1662, would like to hear your observation, re; 'Marines talk to people like their crap stuck to the bottom of their boots', and quite possibly pass it along to your DI's at PI?

kdavis
10-25-09, 02:45 PM
Great point. You are also a free member or "guest", are you not?
You don't have to look hard to see that what I originally posted was not offensive.
Well..so much for my original question.

Lisa 23
10-25-09, 02:46 PM
Great point. You are also a free member or "guest", are you not?
You don't have to look hard to see that what I originally posted was not offensive.
Well..so much for my original question.
I'm a MARINE, you're NOT! And you're on a Marine Corps site!

kdavis
10-25-09, 02:51 PM
Your more than welcome to contact anyone you wish Big Al. I stand by what I said. I mean look at your post and others before. Almost all of them filled with threats or talking me down.

firedog974
10-25-09, 02:52 PM

Do you understand that?

Marines do not talk to people like they are crap stuck to the bottom of a boot. If you feel you were treated badly here, boob figgin whoo.....I don't give a **** and I doubt anyone else here does. The fact is YOU are here on a sight for Marines, and people who want to be Marines (i.e. poolees, DEP's). If YOU want to be a part of this community, you are first going to learn how to respect those of us who have EARNED the title. Then you are gonna need to grow a pair and quit being so friggin sensitive. If you don't like the way we operate, go elsewhere. :evilgrin:

kdavis
10-25-09, 02:52 PM
There we have it people. I found the answer to my question:I'm a MARINE, you're NOT!

wow.

firedog974
10-25-09, 02:53 PM
There we have it people. I found the answer to my question:I'm a MARINE, you're NOT!

wow.

And with your attitude, you probably never will be.

kdavis
10-25-09, 02:55 PM
Well I'll tell you firedog, once your out of the marines your attitude will get you nowhere. Marine or not.

firedog974
10-25-09, 02:57 PM
Now I see where this is coming from.....you were in a part of this website you were NOT supposed to be in, and BigAl hurt your feelings!! Maybe, just maybe if you would FOLLOW THE FRIGGIN' RULES your feelings would not get hurt.

Wyoming
10-25-09, 02:58 PM
Your more than welcome to contact anyone you wish Big Al. I stand by what I said. I mean look at your post and others before. Almost all of them filled with threats or talking me down.

No need for me to contact anyone dickweed.

XXX XXXXXX has already made the call to PI.

Wyoming
10-25-09, 02:59 PM
Now I see where this is coming from.....you were in a part of this website you were NOT supposed to be in, and BigAl hurt your feelings!! Maybe, just maybe if you would FOLLOW THE FRIGGIN' RULES your feelings would not get hurt.

Careful John, the little padawan has a black belt in baby bottle.:D

kdavis
10-25-09, 03:01 PM
These responses are amazingly immature. But i'm glad you are all entertaining yourselves.

Supersquishy
10-25-09, 03:03 PM
Well I'll tell you firedog, once your out of the marines your attitude will get you nowhere. Marine or not.

Be careful Davis, especially who you degrade, others are watching you, but you can't see them.

Lisa 23
kdavis.......No crying please. If any of the answers here hurts your feelings or you feel we are not treating you nicely, you may want to consider a different career. If you cannot handle things said to you on the internet, then you will not survive in OUR MARINE CORPS.

firedog974

Listen here little scumbag.....I have been out of the Corps since 03. I have a great career in law enforcement, a college degree, and a 250k house that is paid for. I don't want to hear anything from some whiny little piece of **** who probably is still sucking momma's tit and hasn't seen puzzy in his life. You need to shut your freaking suck while you can.

Wyoming
10-25-09, 03:07 PM
The pretzel ass **** is just up the road from you John.

Wyoming
10-25-09, 03:10 PM
These responses are amazingly immature. But i'm glad you are all entertaining yourselves.

It just shows you, Marines take care of their own.

You **** with one, you **** with them all.

I **** with one, it is one on one.

At the end of the day, we are still Marines, Brothers, Sisters.

You are but a whiney teat sucker whose nuts prolly ain't even dropped.

kdavis
10-25-09, 03:13 PM
Haha. Alright folks i've had enough entertainment for one day. Look at all you grown men talking like ten year old boys. Well, i'm sorry but your insults just aren't doing much. Oh firedog, always showing your good attitude.

Lisa 23
10-25-09, 03:15 PM
It just shows you, Marines take care of their own.

You **** with one, you **** with them all.

I **** with one, it is one on one.

At the end of the day, we are still Marines, Brothers, Sisters.

You are but a whiney teat sucker whose nuts prolly ain't even dropped.

Ooh-Rah and Semper Fi !!!

firedog974
10-25-09, 03:17 PM
Haha. Alright folks i've had enough entertainment for one day. Look at all you grown men talking like ten year old boys. Well, i'm sorry but your insults just aren't doing much. Oh firedog, always showing your good attitude.

Now go cry to mommy and tell her the mean ol' Jarheads treated you bad. I sure she will give you a bottle and pat your bottom.......
When you are ready to act like a man, come on back and maybe we can talk.

Zulu 36
10-25-09, 03:17 PM
Ah, we'll just send Marine 84 over to beat his butt. She'll enjoy the exercise. :banana:

commdog7
10-25-09, 03:24 PM
Ok kdavis- you are 20 years old, what have you accomplished in life? I'm not talking about graduating high school, we have all done that, but what have you actually done?

I am 2 years older than you. I am a Sergeant in the Marines and I have served in Iraq. I have been stationed all around the world and done security details for President Bush, Secretary of State Condi Rice, and Hillary Clinton and met each and every one of them face to face. I am a familiar face to American ambassadors, and I spend my days guarding the secrets of the U.S. while working at the embassies overseas. I am 4 classes away from finishing my bachelor's degree. Where am I getting at? This is what I have accomplished at age 22, what have you accomplished? You're probably one of those sad individuals working at McDonalds and still living with his mom, yet you think you have the right to come here and disrespect honorable Marines? Who the hell do you think you are? You want our respect, you have to earn it. You can forget about joining the Marines, with your attitude problem, you won't make it one day in boot camp. I don't want you in my Corps.

MD8724
10-25-09, 03:27 PM
It's a troll guys. He doesn't care if we're Marines or what we've accomplished. Just ignore him. And yes, some of these replies are immature, just like him. Just stop.

kdavis
10-25-09, 03:47 PM
Oh i'm not gonna get into the dirty secrets amurica has guarded. But yea man thats great that your doing your job. While that may impress your fellow marines commdog you have to understand that just because somebody isn't doing what your doing doesn't make you better. For what I have done, I have thru hiked the Appalachian Trail, completed two years at Georgia Tech, have been on missionary projects in Central America and South Africa, have my own car paid off, and I work a full time job. Now i'm fairly certain that adds up to nothing to you becuase i'm not a Marine, but truthfully why would I want the respect from such a low individual as yourself. I'll let you cool off on that one, I know how some of you get with all that rage built up inside of you.

hbarcus
10-25-09, 03:49 PM
Aye, Corporal.

Supersquishy
10-25-09, 03:52 PM
Hey Hbarcus, you go to Lake Martinez often? If not I recommend you go rent a boat, the bass fishing is good.

commdog7
10-25-09, 03:54 PM
kdavis- you think you deserve my respect? You want respect, give me a reason why I should respect you. You come on here and start talking trash about my fellow Devil Dogs and my beloved Corps, and you turn around and think you rate something from me.... Marines have sweat and bled for their country, what have you done for your country? I'm curious, why should we respect you?

hbarcus
10-25-09, 04:02 PM
Hey Hbarcus, you go to Lake Martinez often? If not I recommend you go rent a boat, the bass fishing is good.
I have not been there yet, Corporal. I've been getting all my **** together and am currently going through a divorce. I could definitely use some fishing time though to relax, haha.

MD8724
10-25-09, 04:15 PM
kdavis- you think you deserve my respect? You want respect, give me a reason why I should respect you. You come on here and start talking trash about my fellow Devil Dogs and my beloved Corps, and you turn around and think you rate something from me.... Marines have sweat and bled for their country, what have you done for your country? I'm curious, why should we respect you?

Come on, just ignore it. He is obviously doing it on purpose. He wants to **** you off, and it's working.

Old Marine
10-25-09, 04:18 PM
Oh i'm not gonna get into the dirty secrets amurica has guarded. But yea man thats great that your doing your job. While that may impress your fellow marines commdog you have to understand that just because somebody isn't doing what your doing doesn't make you better. For what I have done, I have thru hiked the Appalachian Trail, completed two years at Georgia Tech, have been on missionary projects in Central America and South Africa, have my own car paid off, and I work a full time job. Now i'm fairly certain that adds up to nothing to you becuase i'm not a Marine, but truthfully why would I want the respect from such a low individual as yourself. I'll let you cool off on that one, I know how some of you get with all that rage built up inside of you.

I would strongly suggest that between now and when you report to Boot Camp that you find some respect for any and all Marines. If you do not you are not going to like what will happen to you. The Marine Corps is not fun and games like you play in college. People in the Marine Corps love to square away slimy civilians.

There are some serious things going on over in the big sand box and if you complete Boot Camp you are going to be right in the middle of things. Good luck and I hope you survive. Wise guys are never as wise as they think they are.

Wyoming
10-25-09, 04:23 PM

Thats a good one. You told that Man off.

.. and another shot. Cool.

Damm, I wish Walker would answer my email.

commdog7
10-25-09, 04:29 PM
Come on, just ignore it. He is obviously doing it on purpose. He wants to **** you off, and it's working.

Too late.

He cries because I don't respect him as I would Marines. The Corps is a brotherhood, and he isn't part of it. He hasn't done anything to earn my respect; he has some serious attitude problem. He doesn't understand his place in society; he is a pawn and we are knights. If he ever makes it to the yellow footprints, he will find out real quick where his place is.

Wyoming
10-25-09, 04:32 PM
Yo davis, you posted in the poolee pen that your shipdate has been moved up from March 2010 to September of 2009.

That has already been here and gone.

Wazzup, dude!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88348 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88348)

RLE0352
10-25-09, 04:48 PM
Yo davis, you posted in the poolee pen that your shipdate has been moved up from March 2010 to September of 2009.

That has already been here and gone.

Wazzup, dude!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88348 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88348)

Maybe posting on here from the Parris Island internet cafe? :marine:

echo3oscar1833
10-25-09, 06:37 PM
There is no way a Poolee is really this stupid. I'm starting to wonder if he is some punk who washed out of Boot.:D

firedog974
10-25-09, 06:57 PM
There is no way a Poolee is really this stupid. I'm starting to wonder if he is some punk who washed out of Boot.:D

I had the same thought.....

commdog7
10-25-09, 07:34 PM
The information he posting in his profile does not check out. At this point, I doubt he is a poolee. Either he is a wash-out, a hippie who hates Marines, or a Marine posing as a poolee. If he is a nasty civilian, he deserves to get his ass kicked.