PDA

View Full Version : During boot camp can i work to support my family?

wolfeydawg
10-24-09, 01:30 PM
Ok well my name is Nathan, first of all and I am a sophomore in high school and want to be an infantry sniper (not recon). And I want to know if I can use a sniper in infantry in the marines and which one I know marines usually use a M40A3 right? Is this the one I would use. Also can I join right after high school and go to boot camp. How long does this last because I will have a family to take care of, well in february next I will.? Can i work while in boot camp.

RYDERKUR
10-24-09, 01:33 PM
E3O, is this you? Haha.

wolfeydawg
10-24-09, 01:34 PM
sorry but no i am me and only me:cool:

Wyoming
10-24-09, 02:11 PM
Ok well my name is Nathan, first of all and I am a sophomore in high school and want to be an infantry sniper (not recon). And I want to know if I can use a sniper in infantry in the marines and which one I know marines usually use a M40A3 right? Is this the one I would use. Also can I join right after high school and go to boot camp. How long does this last because I will have a family to take care of, well in february next I will.? Can i work while in boot camp.

I cannot help myself, I may get busted, I may never be able to return, but so be it, as this is one ****ed up post!!!

This 15 yo, seems to have a kid to take care of in February next, wants to know if he can work while in Boot Camp, yet again another sniper wannabee, wants to know how long boot lasts, and has quite obviously not heard of nor read any of the site rules, suggestions, or comments.

Now, iffen I was a poolee/wannabee, I would be real embarrassed about this post and would police my own.

I seriously do not believe any other service recruiter would be able to listen to this and keep a straight face.

**** like this makes me start drinking early in the day.

BTW, E3O couldn't come up with one this ridiculous. I hate to say it, but he has more intelligence than to pull crap like this.

wolfeydawg
10-24-09, 02:14 PM
Well in order to be a sniper in the MARINE CORPS you must take another class after boot. And maybe i should have been more specific about this. I meant will i have to take that class if i do not want to do recon. But yes i am 15 years old with a kid on the way. If you don't like that then by all means don't post cause i don't feel like arguing right now.:mad:

Wyoming
10-24-09, 02:15 PM
double post wolfy, go to the other one.

Lisa 23
10-24-09, 02:20 PM
Well in order to be a sniper in the MARINE CORPS you must take another class after boot. And maybe i should have been more specific about this. I meant will i have to take that class if i do not want to do recon. But yes i am 15 years old with a kid on the way. If you don't like that then by all means don't post cause i don't feel like arguing right now.:mad:
I don't know who you are....but you DO NOT, I repeat...DO NOT tell anyone, especially Marines, where they can or cannot post! Learn RESPECT for the Marines you are talking to.

Wyoming
10-24-09, 02:22 PM
Drop this thread and go to the other one. Since I have strated drinking already, it is too confusing to follow 2 of them.

Lisa 23
10-24-09, 02:33 PM
Easy BigAl...we're down to 1 now.

echo3oscar1833
10-24-09, 02:35 PM
Im outta this conversation, before I get banned :D

Wyoming
10-24-09, 02:35 PM
So I see.:cry:

Im outta this conversation, before I get banned :D

... prolly best for all of us.

echo3oscar1833
10-24-09, 02:41 PM
So I see.:cry:

... prolly best for all of us.

I don't want to get banned for telling some kid, he's wrong.:nerd: Political Correctness Sucks :D

Quinbo
10-24-09, 03:29 PM
I'm reminded of a little marching ditty.

Around her neck she wore a yellow ribbon
She wore it in the spring time and in the month of May
She wore it for that young Marine so far far away
Far Away!
Far Away!
She wore it for that young Marine so far far away

Around the block she pushed a baby carriage
She pushed it in the spring time and in the month of May
She pushed it for that young Marine so far far away
Far Away!
Far Away!
She pushed it for that young Marine so far far away

Behind the door her daddy kept a shot gun
He kept it in the Spring time and in the month of May
He kept it for that young Marine so far far away
Far Away!
Far Away!
He kept it for that young Marine so far far away

wolfeydawg
10-24-09, 06:45 PM
so is anyone gonna answer my question?

Lisa 23
10-24-09, 06:53 PM
First......when using the word Marine or Marine Corps, it will be capitalized at all times, it's in the site rules, read them!
Second......when do you plan on joining the Marine Corps?

Alisium
10-24-09, 06:55 PM
so is anyone gonna answer my question?

When you're at recruit training, you're there 24/7. If you're asking if you can work a part time job... no you can't.

BR34
10-24-09, 06:57 PM
This is a group of the dumbest questions I've ever seen a potential Marine ask, seriously.

Lisa 23
10-24-09, 06:58 PM
Oh, and I forgot to add.....this question has been asked and answered in the 2 previous threads you started that have since been deleted, so why keep asking?

sparkie
10-24-09, 06:59 PM
Yes,,,There's a Jack in the Box just outside the gate at PI,,,,you can work the nite shift.

There, just couldn't hold it in,,,,,am I trouble again???

Marine84
10-24-09, 07:10 PM
And I want to know if I can use a sniper in infantry in the marines

Depends on what you want to use one for, I would think.

Child, please slow down - say what you mean and mean what you say. I can't understand all of this runonsentenancecrap. And, to answer your question, (I'm tryin' real hard right now my fellow Marines) -

YOU ARE WORKING WHILE YOU'RE IN BOOTCAMP!

wolfeydawg
10-24-09, 07:22 PM
Sabes qué, perras necesidad de cerrar la maldita boca de mí. hablar mierda como tú me conoces. ya'll no sabe un carajo.

to answer your question i want to use a sniper rifle to meaningfully execute precise firing patterns to protect fellow marines.

Lisa 23
10-24-09, 07:29 PM
Sabes qué, perras necesidad de cerrar la maldita boca de mí. hablar mierda como tú me conoces. ya'll no sabe un carajo.

to answer your question i want to use a sniper rifle to meaningfully execute precise firing patterns to protect fellow marines.
Listen up here kid....
Quit playing games here and stop with being such a smart a$$ to those who are answering your questions.
You're only 15 years old, not old enough to go to boot camp.
You've been told when using the word Marine or Marine Corps, it will be capitalized at all times.

NoRemorse
10-24-09, 07:31 PM
Real cute, you can shut your mouth instead. Don't expect to be able to switch to another language and get away with it.

IF you've read other threads then you've read other poolees or potential DEPers saying that "you dont know me". It's true, we don't know you from a hole in the wall dripping pus and crying for its mama.

That being said your initial responses weren't well written, you didn't search the forums, maybe you avoided google altogether.

It's easy to find which rifle a Designated Marksman or Scout/Sniper can use via Google.

Now I'm going to go and find a mod.

Have fun.

wolfeydawg
10-24-09, 07:32 PM
Listen up here kid....
Stop with being such a smart a$$ to those who are answering your questions.
You're only 15 years old, not old enough to go to boot camp.
You've been told when using the word Marine or Marine Corps, it will be capitalized at all times.

Yes Ma'am sorry don't know how to spell this. But for me I may be able to join earlier than 18 because of government housing and reduced career choices for me. I may only be 15 years old but my life has been filled with ruination (don't even know if this is a word). I am answering as I would answer these accusations and people thinking that I am dumb cause I have a kid on the way. They don't know the half of it. Not meaning to be rude or anything.

Lisa 23
10-24-09, 07:34 PM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/animal%20buddie%20greetings/cautionsign-sillythread.jpg?t=1256430868

wolfeydawg
10-24-09, 07:36 PM
I know that MARINES usually use an M40A3 rifle but what I don't know is if I can use this rifle in infantry?

Lisa 23
10-24-09, 07:41 PM
Look, worry more about going to school at this point. The Marine Corps WILL NOT take you just because you have government housing. You NEED a high school diploma, and have at least 15 college credits, none of which you have. You can go on and on about being a sniper all you want.....you're not going to get into the Marine Corps being 15 years old.

Marine84
10-24-09, 07:42 PM

Do you think nobody else speaks it, son? Don't tell me to keep my mouth shut ESPECIALLY about YOU. And, I ain't ya "dog" baby boy. And we DO know a fking thing or two around here that you want to know about!

You want to start over?

Lisa 23
10-24-09, 07:43 PM
Do you think nobody else speaks it, son? Don't tell me to keep my mouth shut ESPECIALLY about YOU. And, I ain't ya "dog" baby boy. And we DO know a fking thing or two around here that you want to know about!

You want to start over?
Thanks for translating that 84.....I had no idea he said that. :mad:
I think this kid just about got himself removed from this site by saying that.

wolfeydawg
10-24-09, 07:44 PM
Sorry but by government housing I mean I was taken to a house full of poor choice makers as they call us and most of the males can only join the military but the thing is we usually can't stay in school long because of families and stuff so at 16 with a ged we can join the military. And for me I like Marines.

sparkie
10-24-09, 07:45 PM
This thread is done:evilgrin:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WAi2txkagVM/SKCVN8hiPaI/AAAAAAAACMw/BmLiWSxSZjk/s400/stupid_signs_12.jpg

firedog974
10-24-09, 07:51 PM
Sorry but by government housing I mean I was taken to a house full of poor choice makers as they call us and most of the males can only join the military but the thing is we usually can't stay in school long because of families and stuff so at 16 with a ged we can join the military. And for me I like Marines.

I can't believe I am actually dignifying this **** with a response........It sounds like you are good at making bad choices, the most recent of which is mouthing off to the Marines on this forum. You are too darn young, you have no HS diploma, and can't control your soup cooler. It's not looking good for ya right now skippy. Finish school, learn a little respect, and THEN come back and see if we can help ya out.

wolfeydawg
10-24-09, 07:53 PM
Exactly why I'm there Sir. And from what the house parents say the only help we have is military help. To help us learn respect. So I am here for help so to say.

Lisa 23
10-24-09, 07:55 PM
You're still to young at 15 to join the Marine Corps. Even if you get a GED, you still need at least 15 college credits, and hope that you don't haven't been in trouble with the law.

wolfeydawg
10-24-09, 07:56 PM
I don't know how many I have but I have took college mechanic courses 48 hours but don't know how many credits I got.

NoRemorse
10-24-09, 07:58 PM
You need counseling. Speak with somebody at DSS or CPS or something.

There's vocational training available, a whole myriad of programs.

Do you have a record? Medical issues?

wolfeydawg
10-24-09, 08:00 PM
I take anger counseling and he says its about sadness deep inside or something about my mom leaving when I was three and is now a h** in cali:cry:. I have a slight record for fighting but nothing to serious.

Lisa 23
10-24-09, 08:04 PM
You either have a record or you don't...not slight.

Phantom Blooper
10-24-09, 08:05 PM
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus or occasionally pee on yourself.

You hang in there sunshine, you're special!:evilgrin:

wolfeydawg
It was never brought in front of a jury so I don't know if it went on record or not?

ameriken
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/13/trollbgsk8.jpg

BR34
10-24-09, 08:11 PM
This needs to be said clearly, so this kid understands.

You can not join the U.S. war machine at 15. The minimum age is 17 WITH parental consent (that's a signature from your parents).

You also can't join with only a GED. You would need to take college courses, level 100+ for 15 CREDIT HOURS, not clock hours. That's months of school, not 48 hours (2 weeks?).

If you have a child on the way you need to get off this site and drop what is a very unrealistic pipe dream you're having and go find a NOW job, not a 5 years down the line job. Go work at a grocery store or fast food place and make some money for the mom and baby.

You're too young, under educated, have a criminal record, and unmarried with dependents. The U.S. military isn't going to take you, period.

wolfeydawg
10-24-09, 08:12 PM
I can't do anything else sorry to disappoint you sir.

Lisa 23
10-24-09, 08:14 PM
Well kiddo....the Marine Corps can't do anything for you either. If you think that by joining the Marine Corps is going to give you an easy way of life by sitting on your arse all day long, you're wrong. There's lots that goes into EARNING the title Marine, not just signing a piece of paper.

BR34
10-24-09, 08:16 PM
I can't do anything else sorry to disappoint you sir.

You don't really have a choice in the matter. Either you work or your family won't eat. Go mow lawns, wash cars, clean dishes, scrub toilets. I've done it all to feed my family. What the **** you mean you can't do anything else?!? What you cant do is become a Marine.