PDA

View Full Version : Was told not to say anything

freddy-ws6trans
10-24-09, 12:57 AM
Well I've been talking to a recruiter and was scheduled to go to MEPS on Tuesday. But I have been told that if I answer yes to asthma that no waiver will be given and the recruiter will not bother to go any further. He advised that if I had no problem with it and can run without a problem then I should not mention it. I have my childhood record (very hard to read) and went down to my childhood doctor's office. I was told that the Doc diagnosed me with Acute Asthma Bronchitis at 15 and said that it was not Asthma, but an episode of Bronchitis with Asthama like symptoms, but that an inhaler was prescribed for the symtems. They also showed me the next page that said I showed improvment within 5 days. I don't want to lie, but now I am confused on what the heck did I have lol. I never used the inhaler again after the first month, because basically I never in my life had an attack.

I don't want to lie, but I still want to try to go to MEPS and be honest, even if I get DQ, but atleast I can move on with my life never wondering what if. Should I go find another recruiter?

Hologram
10-24-09, 01:30 AM
Well I've been talking to a recruiter and was scheduled to go to MEPS on Tuesday. But I have been told that if I answer yes to asthma that no waiver will be given and the recruiter will not bother to go any further. He advised that if I had no problem with it and can run without a problem then I should not mention it. I have my childhood record (very hard to read) and went down to my childhood doctor's office. I was told that the Doc diagnosed me with Acute Asthma Bronchitis at 15 and said that it was not Asthma, but an episode of Bronchitis with Asthama like symptoms, but that an inhaler was prescribed for the symtems. They also showed me the next page that said I showed improvment within 5 days. I don't want to lie, but now I am confused on what the heck did I have lol. I never used the inhaler again after the first month, because basically I never in my life had an attack.

I don't want to lie, but I still want to try to go to MEPS and be honest, even if I get DQ, but atleast I can move on with my life never wondering what if. Should I go find another recruiter?
Don't lie. Fraudulent enlistment is a bad thing.

Also, from the sound of it, you weren't diagnosed with asthma, so you shouldn't have a problem. If they ask if you used an inhaler, tell them yes and why. From what you've said it sounds like you shouldn't have a problem.

freddy-ws6trans
10-30-09, 09:59 PM
Well I told the recruiter that I would not lie, not to mention I could get a felony on my record and kiss my chance to becoming a cop good bye. All he told me was good luck and that was it. Damn I wish I would have atleast gone to MEPS, but I guess they are not given out waivers at all.