PDA

View Full Version : How to pcs to another unit??

castro734
10-22-09, 07:43 PM
I was an 0341 with 3/4 before they deployed to afghanistan. 2 says before our flight, I was told me and about 12 other marines were chosen to stay back for the court martial of a fellow marine to be "charecter witnesses." We were sent to an RBE unit, and the problem im having is we were supposed to catch the next flight, but word changed then changed then changed. Eventually we are told only 2 of the marines get to leave and we are stuck wondering whats next for us. They offered us to go on a weapons tour over 4 months to go to diffrent countries and test fire the new marine corp weapons. But the chain of command (which is virtually non exsistant) consists of one ssgt that passes us no word ever and now were hearing that this weapons tour may never happen. What I would like to know is we have another unit, 2/7 deploying soon in jan. I believe to go on a meu. How do I cross deck or pcs to that unit? having never done anything before im shady on how to go about it. Should I request mast first? our ssgt wont help us at all and weve tried everyone else. Anyone know anything?:devious:

Wyoming
10-22-09, 08:24 PM
Anyone know anything?:devious:Don't know you!<!-- / message -->

castro734
10-24-09, 02:46 PM
thanks for the help

Wyoming
10-24-09, 02:49 PM
thanks for the help

No problem, but it appears you did not get my polite way of checking your profile.

Quinbo
10-24-09, 02:51 PM
All I'm seeing is that you are an E-1 and joined in 2008 and still in service. Hint Hint

echo3oscar1833
10-24-09, 02:52 PM
thanks for the help

Tell you what, fill out your profile, capitilize Marine, and then we will answer your questions. As you know you are a Marine, and we pay close attention to detail. As one of our rules we require all members to fill out there profile. The reason we do this is because we want to know who we are talking to. It is a common courtesy on your part to introduce yourself. We welcome all here who do the simple things that we ask, its like when you meet someone for the first time, you shake there hand. Filling out your profile is like a handshake. If you don't then you will not get any answers. Hope this helps, give us info, and well give you answers. Semper Fi. :D

Kegler300
10-24-09, 02:54 PM
I was with both units, and the way it worked for me is I had to serve at least two years with both units before I was PCS'd. You're going to have to do your time, maybe reenlist, etc., before you can request any special "favors" from HQMC.

Petz
10-24-09, 06:43 PM
Um, I think you can become a "detachment" to go on the MEU. Just go ask some Marine above the SSgt if it's possible, just don't ask him to help you out. If they ask if you've asked your SSgt tell them he was busy and you were in the area and felt the urge to ask. If he sends you back down to run it through the SSgt then tell the SSgt that So-and-so told you to run it through him to get the ball rolling. I'd say it's not impossible.