PDA

View Full Version : I need help asap

Jaybaker87
10-21-09, 04:45 PM
I got three days till boot I had a intel. job but I just found I screwed my security clearance up I told them about a time I went to court for something I did when I was a minor and it was dropped if I agreed to do community service I did it and they dropped it. Well meps gave me a waver and having that waver disqualifies me for the clearance and I lost my job. I want to call meps and tell them the details that it was dropped but my recruiter doesnt think I should and there arent any jobs available that I want the other recruiter has been talking to me but I can tell he is BSing me. What should I do should I get a job i dont want and try to switch later. How can I take that waiver off? Plz help me Marines.

Lisa 23
10-21-09, 04:50 PM
Can't help you with your question, but the Marine Corps has "boot camp", not boot.

USCFIGHTONUSC
10-21-09, 05:06 PM
I got three days till boot I had a intel. job but I just found I screwed my security clearance up I told them about a time I went to court for something I did when I was a minor and it was dropped if I agreed to do community service I did it and they dropped it. Well meps gave me a waver and having that waver disqualifies me for the clearance and I lost my job. I want to call meps and tell them the details that it was dropped but my recruiter doesnt think I should and there arent any jobs available that I want the other recruiter has been talking to me but I can tell he is BSing me. What should I do should I get a job i dont want and try to switch later. How can I take that waiver off? Plz help me Marines.

You can not switch jobs later. That does not apply to you.

You have every right to not ship out on your ship date if you are not satisfied with your contract. I know you feel pressured to ship, but this is your life you're messing with.

Why would you take a job you do not want? Your recruiter is not going to help you now since you are three days from shipping. Unless you man up, you are shipping out and who knows what job awaits you.

Unless you are prepared to take any job they give you, then I would not ship out. You can not and will not get into any trouble by doing this. It is your right.

WKranz
10-21-09, 05:13 PM
You can't get rid of it because meps already knows about it. Get a new job and good luck at boot.

Wyoming
10-21-09, 05:14 PM
Just for grins there, Jaybaker87, but tell me, WHAT occupation is 'fruit of the loom'?

You know, nevermind. Maybe it is best I not know.

Anyhoo, I gotta get back to tying some #6 and #8 flies on me tippets.

Jaybaker87
10-21-09, 06:00 PM
Im a raymond driver I move pallets out of bins 50 ft up. Thats what I did at Fruit of the Loom I want to ship now I been waiting so long to be a marine they said they have 2 jobs open combat engineer and field artillery. Do any marines here recommend one of them? I might delay shipping if I can still ship soon ill ask my recruiter. I dont see why they cant just take alittle time and see I dont need the waiver Im going call meps tomorrow and see.

Lisa 23
10-21-09, 06:05 PM
Jaybaker87..........When using the word Marines, is will be capitalized at ALL times.

[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!

Jaybaker87
10-21-09, 06:19 PM
I really want to become a officer do you have to have security clearance to be one.

MarineNCurls
10-21-09, 07:43 PM
Yes, you'll need a clearance as an Officer. Just because you went to court doesn't disqualify you for a clearance...it depends on the level clearance you need for a specific MOS and the actual...

Jaybaker87
10-21-09, 11:06 PM
Thanks Marine who should I try to contact about this I feel I dont really need a waiver bc it was cleared up I just told the guy at meps in case he saw it on my record it happened when I was sixteen im twenty two I think they just gave me a waiver bc they saw it was cleared up like a speeding ticket but in fact it was cleared. Also how could i get removed? I really want to be a Marine officer any help you can give I appreciate Marines.

Lisa 23
10-21-09, 11:16 PM
Look, the Marines here who are answering your questions aren't Recruiters and are doing their best to give you advice on what to do. They can't get you a waiver like you want, it's not up to the Marines here, so you really need to take this up with your Recruiter, since you're leaving for boot camp in 3 days.

Sgt Leprechaun
10-22-09, 03:09 AM
First, you have an extremely long way to go. You'll need to get this taken care of first. <br />
<br />
Next, your grammar sux. Read the rules here. It pains me to even read your writing. You want to be...

MarineNCurls
10-22-09, 08:08 AM
The whole grammar thing...agreed! I'm glad someone spoke up. It was killing me! <br />
<br />
One more time, I worked in the Ops section that submitted every type of waiver. We wouldn't submit a waiver if...

boxinggsxr
10-22-09, 08:55 AM
To be a Officer you know you go to different bootcamp right and there are different recruiters for enlisted and officers