PDA

View Full Version : Weird PT you've done

TRLewis
10-21-09, 04:20 PM
Just wondering what weird PT you guys did. For us we played ultimate frisbee, one time was golf, and a lot of surfing/swimming in Hawaii. Then we also did the stairway to heaven run which is a rickety set of stairs going to the highest point on oahu. Then on saturday mornings we would run the length of diamond head.

How about you?

Wyoming
10-21-09, 05:01 PM
army??

polizei
10-21-09, 05:10 PM
I don't get it either Cpl.

TRLewis
10-21-09, 05:12 PM
I don't get it either Cpl.

You don't find surfing as strange PT?

I do love how you guys quickly assume I'm an army guy without even reading my profile.

Wyoming
10-21-09, 05:17 PM
You don't find surfing as strange PT?

I do love how you guys quickly assume I'm an army guy without even reading my profile.

**** stud, your avatar and signature tell quite a tale.

TRLewis
10-21-09, 05:19 PM
**** stud, your avatar and signature tell quite a tale.

Marine, I give you respect, I expect the same. So if you got something to say, kick over a PM. Otherwise follow the thread topic.

SlingerDun
10-21-09, 05:22 PM
"king of the mat" on the fo'c'sle. one man remains on the mat until taken or kocked down, one challenger at a time.

"no rules soccer/rugby/football" using a football.

next morning at formation was a lame ass lactic acid blowout

commdog7
10-21-09, 05:23 PM

If you don't want us to mistaken you as a non-Marine, then you should use your Marine rank as your avatar. Marines get a shudder when we see an Army rank posted.

There's a Marine on here, GSEMarine94, who was a Cpl in the Marines before he switched over the the Army National Guard. He's now a 2nd Lieutenant in the National Guard, but his avatar is that of a Marine Cpl. I think you would get more respect from Marines on this site if you used your Marine rank rather than your Army rank. Just a thought....

TRLewis
10-21-09, 05:25 PM
If you don't want us to mistaken you as a non-Marine, then you should use your Marine rank as your avatar. Marines get a shudder when we see an Army rank posted.

There's a Marine on here, GSEMarine94, who was a Cpl in the Marines before he switched over the the Army National Guard. He's now a 2nd Lieutenant in the National Guard, but his avatar is that of a Marine Cpl. I think you would get more respect from Marines on this site if you used your Marine rank rather than your Army rank. Just a thought....

It's the highest rank I've gotten. Figured people would be respectful, guess not its still the internets. I'll just delete it instead, maybe put up a picture of me. Let them really be jealous of me. LOL

Lisa 23
10-21-09, 05:29 PM
Suggestion...why don't you make an avitar with your Marine Corps rank and Army rank.

Wyoming
10-21-09, 05:34 PM

There's a Marine on here, GSEMarine94, who was a Cpl in the Marines before he switched over the the Army National Guard. He's now a 2nd Lieutenant in the National Guard, but his avatar is that of a Marine Cpl. I think you would get more respect from Marines on this site if you used your Marine rank rather than your Army rank. Just a thought....There you go, Surfer Joe, the PT Stud, looks like the Sergeant of Marines set you straight.

Marine, I give you respect, I expect the same. So if you got something to say, kick over a PM. Otherwise follow the thread topic.Oh yeah, and get off the bit about telling me how to follow a thread. Besides, doesn't this site, click here (https://forums.goarmy.com/forums/index.jspa), have a place you can be among your peers?

commdog7
10-21-09, 05:36 PM
It's the highest rank I've gotten. Figured people would be respectful, guess not its still the internets. I'll just delete it instead, maybe put up a picture of me. Let them really be jealous of me. LOL

If I were you, I would use my Marine rank for an avatar, and explain the Army rank in the signature. The Marines on here don't have too much respect for other branches of service on thise site- I saw Marines chase away a few Army soldiers on this site who weren't former Marines. You'll get more respect coming off as a LCpl of Marines (or whatever your rank was) than you will as a SSgt in the Army. It's how you present yourself; your avatar is deceiving. Hope this helps.

Semper Fidelis :iwo:

Quinbo
10-21-09, 05:52 PM
Did you know there is actually equipment designed to play underwater hockey? In barracks duty we played it about twice a month. There are 2 nets about 2 feet wide, a weighted puck and sticks about the length of your forearm. It is played side to side in the deep end. You wanna talk about ass kicker PT that is it.

MOUNTAINWILLIAM
10-21-09, 07:41 PM
Ya ever tried "Duck Walking?"

SteveWiese
10-21-09, 08:12 PM
probably since its 30 degree here in Illinois. i do regular exercise's when it warms up i practice Lacrosse with a Friend

TRLewis
10-21-09, 08:13 PM
probably since its 30 degree here in Illinois. i do regular exercise's when it warms up i practice Lacrosse with a Friend

Elmhurst? I used to work for Keebler/Kelloggs

Wyoming
10-21-09, 08:19 PM

Sorry Bud, you ain't gonna last in here. Marine Corps Community for USMC Marine Veterans (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/index.php) > Marine Corps Forum (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57) > Open Squad Bay (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)

You can looky lurk, just can't have an opinion.

thedrifter
10-21-09, 08:39 PM
Play Nice Marines!;)

Ellie

Wyoming
10-21-09, 08:42 PM
Good Evening Eleanor. , :angel:

You Guys serve up Yuengling? . :beer:

TRLewis
10-21-09, 08:43 PM
Good Evening Eleanor. , :angel:

You Guys serve up Yuengling? . :beer:

Yuengling was finished last night, today its Long Hammer IPA. Or PBR.

Wyoming
10-21-09, 08:49 PM
Yuengling was finished last night, today its Long Hammer IPA. Or PBR.Dayam!!!

When I make a road trip to Maryland to visit the Son and DinL, I take him 2 cases of Fat Tire and he gives me 2 cases of Yuengling. (Only got a half case left.)

PBR and Carling Black Label were staples a few years back.

TRLewis
10-21-09, 08:51 PM
Dayam!!!

When I make a road trip to Maryland to visit the Son and DinL, I take him 2 cases of Fat Tire and he gives me 2 cases of Yuengling. (Only got a half case left.)

PBR and Carling Black Label were staples a few years back.

Fat Tire is a new kid to the market. I had their Hoptober fest and enjoyed it. I can drink almost any beer. When I'm drinking Arrogant Bastard Ale, I swear that's the name, I call everyone I know who is drinking and tell them how much superior my beer is.

StoneTheWeak
10-21-09, 11:25 PM
Sam Adams, now there's a real beer.

TRLewis
10-21-09, 11:26 PM
Sam Adams, now there's a real beer.

Sam Adams Octoberfest is good.

Would you be in Jacksonville NC?

StoneTheWeak
10-21-09, 11:39 PM
Was, home on leave, going to Cali Nov 12.

You should try the winter lager. I liked the octoberfest, but the Winter Lager has a more cinnamon taste.

TRLewis
10-21-09, 11:40 PM
Was, home on leave, going to Cali Nov 12.

You should try the winter lager. I liked the octoberfest, but the Winter Lager has a more cinnamon taste.

I am quite familiar with the Summer Ale, Octoberfest, then Winter Ale. I swear it tastes like winter. It's so good.

MontezumaCpl
10-21-09, 11:47 PM
Now we're talking, Fat Tire, PBR, Sam Adams. A big part of my recreation right there.
Now, as far as the Former Marine, Now Army deal, yeah you gonna get some strong rations of Sh*t here about being prior service Marine and a Army Dog now, having said that, welcome aboard, now drop and tell me where that PBR stash is! No hard feelings tho! :evilgrin:

Stay safe!

TRLewis
10-21-09, 11:51 PM
Now we're talking, Fat Tire, PBR, Sam Adams. A big part of my recreation right there.
Now, as far as the Former Marine, Now Army deal, yeah you gonna get some strong rations of Sh*t here about being prior service Marine and a Army Dog now, having said that, welcome aboard, now drop and tell me where that PBR stash is! No hard feelings tho! :evilgrin:

Stay safe!

Yeah I can't wait to get into NROTC. Don't know how many times I've thought about fragging my own guys. I know it sounds bad but its more like I would prefer no one there than him.

You know when I went into the Army it had been so long since I had been a Marine I lost all rank and had to start from e-1.

Supersquishy
10-22-09, 05:17 AM
Any one try Shamay, or Oatmeal Stout? Thats some good dark beer with flavor, its similiar to Boddington, but a little stronger and has more alchohol content.

Meserole08orah
10-22-09, 07:51 AM
Why dont you guys be f*cking marines and get over it. We all are military doesnt matter which branch. Some army does the mission better then some of the Marines I have met. Just because they let fat people in... well we have fat marines in the Corps. So like Lewis said just follow the topic.

the wierdest pt we did... we went to the local pound and we walked dogs. well some of us had no choice but to run with the dog. or get walked BY the dogs. and another time we just worked with Jr. Marines.

Semper Fidelis

Meserole08orah
10-22-09, 07:57 AM
Why dont you guys be MARINES and get over it. Just because he's in the army... he WAS a marine. wtf happened to Once a Marine Always a Marine? Yeah semper I **** the other guy?? nice. Well we are all military and are here to serve our country. There is nothing wrong with the army. Now... back to the topic.

we walked dogs. well some ran and/or got walked by dogs. so yeah. and once we worked with jr marines.

temarti
10-22-09, 08:00 AM
Why dont you guys be f*cking marines and get over it. We all are military doesnt matter which branch. Some army does the mission better then some of the Marines I have met. Just because they let fat people in... well we have fat marines in the Corps. So like Lewis said just follow the topic.

I would think that was already accomplished and done so the old fashion way, with Beer!

0331 2 0369
10-22-09, 08:16 AM
You know when I went into the Army it had been so long since I had been a Marine I lost all rank and had to start from e-1.

When did you join the Army to have to start at the bottom again?

Wyoming
10-22-09, 08:20 AM

the wierdest pt we did... we went to the local pound and we walked dogs. well some of us had no choice but to run with the dog. or get walked BY the dogs. and another time we just worked with Jr. Marines.

Semper Fidelis

Why dont you guys be MARINES and get over it. Just because he's in the army... he WAS a marine. wtf happened to Once a Marine Always a Marine? Yeah semper I **** the other guy?? nice. Well we are all military and are here to serve our country. There is nothing wrong with the army. Now... back to the topic.

we walked dogs. well some ran and/or got walked by dogs. so yeah. and once we worked with jr marines.

Hmmmm, I sure hope the 7-11 is open this morning. Looks like someone could use a Motrin.

Meserole08orah
10-22-09, 08:20 AM
yeah i could go for one now. lol and neither does the fact that its only 0920. lol

Wyoming
10-22-09, 08:22 AM
When did you join the Army to have to start at the bottom again?

Damm good question there Gunny!

Meserole08orah
10-22-09, 08:22 AM
no Marines just need to be Marines and sitfu on whos in what branch. with Mos' closing out hell id move on to another branch to get a better job. I understand Pride but when it becomes immature thats when things get touchy.

Meserole08orah
10-22-09, 08:25 AM
motrin doesnt help lmfao. i need some stong **** :)

0331 2 0369
10-22-09, 08:25 AM
no Marines just need to be Marines and sitfu on whos in what branch. with Mos' closing out hell id move on to another branch to get a better job. I understand Pride but when it becomes immature thats when things get touchy.

And if you were on an Army site saying you were a Marine before going over to the dark side, they would be interested in finding out why also. Curious minds is just part of being human.

Thought you were headed to 7-11. :D

Wyoming
10-22-09, 08:28 AM
And if you were on an Army site saying you were a Marine before going over to the dark side, they would be interested in finding out why also. Curious minds is just part of being human.

Thought you were headed to 7-11. :D Glad you understood my post Gunny!!:banana:

TRLewis
10-22-09, 08:35 AM

Thought you were headed to 7-11. :D

Marines didn't want me then. Some form of military no matter how bleak is better than nothing. I got the suggestion from a Marine recruiter. Told me to come back when I get out within 30 days and it would be easier.

NoRemorse
10-22-09, 08:40 AM
Do what you gots to but bring some tabasco for the sh1t sandwich.

Meserole08orah
10-22-09, 08:42 AM
7-11 doesnt sell stuff i will need. haha. well at least hes not being a lazy POS not doing anything with his life :)

GSEMarine94
10-22-09, 09:53 AM
We made up our own PT (proof again how smart air wingers are :D )
Anyways, it was a combination of soccer, football and rugby. Needless to say it was a great game until one of our Sgts got his ribs broke. :scared:

0331 2 0369
10-22-09, 10:01 AM
Anyways, it was a combination of soccer, football and rugby. Needless to say it was a great game until one of our Sgts got his ribs broke. :scared:

Shouldn't of been playing in the barracks. :D

firedog974
10-22-09, 11:17 AM
We used to play football about once every 2 weeks. About every fourth game someone would get hurt....a broken collarbone here, a sprained ankle there....nothing major. It all stopped during one game when 2 guys collided and one got a major concussion and the other broke his jaw. The Sgt Major had a ****fit. The best unusual PT we did was water polo...it was tough but pretty darn fun.

Petz
10-22-09, 11:23 AM
Meserole08orah, don't take a newcomers side until they've been vetted. For all you know these jokers could be fakers.

Gunny, the only way I can figure is that he got out as a LCpl and they brought him back down to E-1 as a 6-month probation. I've heard of this happening with SNCO, but they eventually get put on the fast track towards promotion.

Anyways, When the hell did you serve in HI? Marines or Army? I was at K-bay and I ran the hill up by the O-Club, there's no stairs there and I was looking out over everything. So I guess what I'm saying is WTF are you talking about dude?

firedog974
10-22-09, 01:04 PM
Meserole08orah, don't take a newcomers side until they've been vetted. For all you know these jokers could be fakers.

Gunny, the only way I can figure is that he got out as a LCpl and they brought him back down to E-1 as a 6-month probation. I've heard of this happening with SNCO, but they eventually get put on the fast track towards promotion.

Anyways, When the hell did you serve in HI? Marines or Army? I was at K-bay and I ran the hill up by the O-Club, there's no stairs there and I was looking out over everything. So I guess what I'm saying is WTF are you talking about dude?

SSgt,
I am familiar with what he is talking about. It is off base, when you are going down the H-3 (I think that is the highway that goes to the front gate) before you go into the tunnell there is a ladderwell going up the side of a mountain that is called "the stairway to heaven." It is a pretty tough climb. If I am not mistaken the hill you are talking about above the O-club is KT (I think that is what it is called) with the tower on top. As I remember it is an arse kicker....about a 30+ degree incline. That will get the ol' leg burn goin'!!! Now, as far as some of the other BS he has posted, I am not so sure........

GSEMarine94
10-22-09, 01:16 PM
Shouldn't of been playing in the barracks. :D

A Gunny with a sense of humor, whats next? :p

0331 2 0369
10-22-09, 01:19 PM
A Gunny with a sense of humor, whats next? :p

We all know how the wing skates and never does anything.:D

I have actually had some good friends that were mech's in the wing. They put in some long arse hours.

charm1110
10-22-09, 01:25 PM
The most fun p.t. we did was combat basketball basically no rules, no fouls, none cares if you dribble or not! Bn. Cmdr. cancelled it after a few games due to injuries suffered. Now that I look back on it can't say I blame him. We went back to the typical daily seven 3 mile run after that.

Semper Fi...:flag:

NoRemorse
10-22-09, 01:32 PM
Nobody's touched on this one yet? Come on!

Scuzz towel sledding...

0331 2 0369
10-22-09, 01:36 PM
Nobody's touched on this one yet? Come on!

Scuzz towel sledding...

I remember the Scuzz towel 500 race we used to do in the squadbay in bootcamp.

0331 2 0369
10-22-09, 01:38 PM
The most fun p.t. we did was combat basketball basically no rules, no fouls, none cares if you dribble or not! Bn. Cmdr. cancelled it after a few games due to injuries suffered. Now that I look back on it can't say I blame him. We went back to the typical daily seven 3 mile run after that.

Semper Fi...:flag:

I used to let my guys play comabt football when we had down time on the ranges. I had to be the RSO for that also. They liked to play in helmets and flacks. Sometimes I would have to slow the game down just a bit because they would get pretty hyper. Doc always stayed busy then also.

10-22-09, 02:12 PM
We played Smear the Queer until, like others have related, there were too many boo-boos. My other favorite PT was lifting weights. You know, 16 ounces, 32 ounces..... :beer: (back in the day,before 24s and 40s)

Wyoming
10-22-09, 03:11 PM
We all know how the wing skates and never does anything. (( not fixed = :D fixed = :p ))

I have actually had some good friends that were mech's in the wing. They put in some long arse hours.

If it was broke at oh dark thirty, it would fly at 1st light.

Los of hours, but you got to fly.

Pain in the ass to drag them in the hanger and play Marine with all the saluting and stuff.

Oh yeah, PT was a personal thing, in my last squadron, and we had to stay in shape. My last 2 years in, we had quarterly, bi-annual and yearly PFT's (if that is what they were called.) Most of the time they were after a wetting down or some such other event where booze and no sleep was of the norm.

Our 1st Shirt, was a SSgt when we all went over together. He wasn't so much a tee-totaler, as he just wanted us to stay in shape. He was much respected and there were no collar insignias allowed at PT. He hammered on everyone.

I saw him in San Diego last May, at a reunion. Woe be the one (ones), who for 2 days, couldn't keep up with him on Friday and Saturday morning. Oh yeah, he is 76.

temarti
10-22-09, 03:23 PM
Combat Soccer with flacks and helmet after the daily 7 of 10 count BS#$%ers, I don't think anyone in the platoon even knew how to play real soccer. It was a one time event, like the rest someone was laid out and the message was sent down from Battalion.

Tracylaud83
10-22-09, 04:55 PM
We had a Field Day event at Cherry Point (Early 90's)
I remember one of the games we played on a field,
A huge ball on the center of the field, 12 men faced each other from the Goal ends. and the whistle was blown.
No rules, object was to get the ball past the other teams goal.
Corpsman were lined up, and ambulences were ready.

vfm
10-22-09, 05:55 PM
When I was at LeJeune back in '71 , the recon units would do their run on the overhead Aquaducts. (about 20' off the ground) Then they would scale the water tower and do pull ups. The water towers were about 100' off the ground. It was scary to see these guys do this on a daily basis.
SEMPER FI!!!
vfm