PDA

View Full Version : Question about Basic Reconnaissance Course preparation

GDean
10-21-09, 03:00 PM
Hello, My name is Graham Dean. I am currently in the Delayed Entry Program with a ship date of Dec. 1 (a little under 6 weeks away) and i have a Reconnaissance contract. I am in decent shape (can do 20 pull ups and 100 crunches in two minutes and run about a ten minute mile and a half). I spend about 6 days a week in the gym, every other day i switch between running and swimming. Can anyone offer any advice on a fitness schedule that will better prepare me for the difficulties of Recon Training. I understand that I will improve physically in basic training, ITB, and the RMAT program, yet i am sure any time i spend before shipping will not be wasted. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Bdchi1
10-21-09, 03:06 PM
The following link is to Stew Smith's (former SEaL) main page. This is all the guy does. Even though it shows several downloadable programs, you can fish around the internet to find some of his stuff on Recon training for phases without having to pay for it.

http://www.stewsmith.com/linkpages/personaltraining.htm

Happy hunting.

GDean
10-21-09, 03:16 PM
Thank you, Sir

chrisf9028
10-21-09, 06:21 PM
I definately agree with the Corporal....Stew Smith's workout programs will get you in killer shape.

Bdchi1
10-21-09, 11:22 PM
Adding to what chris stated, when you tryout for recon, don't quit on any event. They are looking for determination as much as fitness. Both of you have tight PFT numbers, so just demonstrate the willingness to endure whatever they thrust at you.

I tried out for recon and made it through the day. I never went to indoc because I decided to get out of the Corps (regret it to this day). But it was a very long day that included me drinking alot of pool water, losing a lot of skin running with that damned 50 lb backpack on Onslo beach, and repeatedly running the O-Course. Know your military knowledge, especially weapons (max area and point target ranges, round maxes, military armorment for both U.S. and Soviet, etc...) The entire day is mental and physical endurance test. STAY POSITIVE and willing to take whatever they dish.

Chris...congrats on graduating Marine.

chrisf9028
10-22-09, 10:06 AM
Semper Fi Cpl.