PDA

View Full Version : Plank Exercise good for Pre-PI PT?

Jonathan Goss
10-21-09, 07:04 AM
(I searched for this earlier but couldn't quite find what I was looking for; sorry if it's out there and I missed it)

Morning, everyone! I have recently added the plank exercise to my daily workouts and was hoping to get some Marine input on its value. My max time so far is 2:45, but I just added another rep of 2:00 this morning. Is the plank a useful exercise to help prep for boot camp? I'm still a looooong way off but you can never get started too early.

I heard that 2 minutes is a good standard but know of people going 2:30 or even 4 minutes (and probably longer). What is the Marine experience with the plank exercise? How many sets and for how long do you recommend? Is it a viable substitute for crunches?

Also (a post-script deviation) I'm up to 13 pronated then supinated pull-ups, 32 dips, 64 push ups, 39 knuckle push ups, and 18 diamond push ups, but was wondering--aside from running--what else might be helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Much respect,
J

Lisa 23
10-21-09, 09:26 AM
Jonathan Goss...you are in the wrong part of the forum. Open Squad Bay is for Marines only.
Read the rules!
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
Rule Nine make sure when you post a thread its in the proper forum, you do not rate to post in a Marine forum at any time prior to earning the title. Read the headings over the recruit forums for a guide!

Jonathan Goss
10-21-09, 01:19 PM
Ah, I knew I made a mistake. Just freakin' knew it. Damn. Sorry, Marine. I went looking for the right place but I must've glanced over it. Okay, I'll switch it over to the right forum. Thank you for the heads up.