PDA

View Full Version : Need some help about enlisted and officer dilemma

CJables93
10-20-09, 11:42 PM
Alright, I want really badly to be on the Silent Drill Team. The requirements are you must be infantry and you need to be enlisted. I want to enlist. However, My question is, can I go enlisted, try for the SDP, be enlisted for a while, and than go to college when my four years are up, and apply to become an officer so I can be a pilot? I want to be on the SDP so badly, but I also want to be a marine aviator, aviation runs in the family, and it has always interested me. Thank you very much.

Zulu 36
10-21-09, 05:52 AM
Alright, I want really badly to be on the Silent Drill Team. The requirements are you must be infantry and you need to be enlisted. I want to enlist. However, My question is, can I go enlisted, try for the SDP, be enlisted for a while, and than go to college when my four years are up, and apply to become an officer so I can be a pilot? I want to be on the SDP so badly, but I also want to be a marine aviator, aviation runs in the family, and it has always interested me. Thank you very much.

OK, so what's the dilemma? Why can't you do what you want regarding enlisted to officer? Use the search function for more info.

Getting on the Silent Drill Platoon is the tricky part. They only select a few each year for tryouts.

USCFIGHTONUSC
10-21-09, 10:57 AM

It's nice to have dreams, but it is best to be realistic in your dreams. You are talking about being enlisted, being an officer, being on the silent drill platoon, and being a USMC pilot. Kind of alot, don't you think?

Last time I read, the USMC picks the silent drill team's candidates from infantry school. You have to meet many requirements such as being a certain height, and having the perfect USMC image/look.

And once you are done with your active duty contract you can go to college and do as you please. You are also assuming you are cut out to be both officer and enlisted. This usually is not true in most people.

Lisa 23
10-21-09, 11:05 AM
Silent Drill Platoon
These Marines are individually selected from the Schools of Infantry located in Camp Pendleton, CA and Camp Lejune, NC from interviews conducted by Barracks personnel. Once selected, Marines are assigned to Marine Barracks, Washington, D.C. to serve a 2-year ceremonial tour. Beyond their ceremonial duties, the Marines collaterally train in the field as infantrymen. Throughout the year, these Marines hone their infantry skills at the Marine Corps Combat Development Command in Quantico, VA and other bases.

Read more at............http://www.mbw.usmc.mil/sdpdefault.asp