PDA

View Full Version : URGENT NOTICE: Camp LeJeune Contaminated Water & Poisoned Patriots

NavyCorpsman
10-19-09, 11:14 PM
This should be stickied please. I didn't see this subject in any other thread so if it's redundant feel free to delete it.

I served at Camp LeJeune from 1978 to 1979 while in the Navy.

CAMP LEJEUNE: CONTAMINATED WATER SUPPLY

If you served at any time at Camp LeJeune from 1957 to 1987 you were exposed to industrial solvents that contaminated the drinking water. If you know someone that was stationed at Camp LeJeune, North Carolina from 1957 to 1987 they need to be aware that they were exposed to the worst industrial water contamination in U.S. history.

The solvents include perchorethylene, trichlorethylene, tetrachlorethylene, benzene, toluene, vinyl chloride, and a list of others to long for this post.

FAST FACTS

Web links about contamination at Camp Lejeune
http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f … ated+water

U.S. Marines: www.marines.mil/clsurvey (http://www.marines.mil/clsurvey)

The Few, The Proud, The Forgotten: www.tftptf.com (http://www.tftptf.com)
(Visit this website!)

Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry: www.atsdr.cdc.gov/sites/lejeune (http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/sites/lejeune)

The National Academies: nationalacademies.org/morenews/20090613.html

DocGreek
10-19-09, 11:20 PM
:evilgrin:.....PLEASE FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE, COMPLETELY. CHECK OUT MINE AS A GUIDE....PLEASE....:evilgrin:

NavyCorpsman
10-19-09, 11:24 PM
:evilgrin:.....PLEASE FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE, COMPLETELY. CHECK OUT MINE AS A GUIDE....PLEASE....:evilgrin:

I'm not concerned about filling out a profile at the moment, Doc. Did you not read my above post?

I'm a former Navy Corpsman, 2/6 (RN since 1983). I'm trying to get the word out about the contaminated water at Camp LeJeune. Thousands have died, thousands are dying, and tens of thousands are ill including me.

If you served at Camp LeJeune between 1957 and 1987 please go to the websites in the first post in this thread. Thank you!

Marine1955
10-19-09, 11:28 PM
Hate to tell you this but this study came out a while back saying where OK. You know some men have had breast CANCER and you never hear about that hardly but these men served at Camp Lejeune. Just as I did and thank god I don't have anything yet.The only thing more I can say is we were to do as we were told. Our mission was to do or die no questions ask so if we get sick from the water we drank what are we to do, sue them? wrong!!!Don't ask and don't tell. Cover allot doesn't it

NavyCorpsman
10-19-09, 11:29 PM
Google search for 'Camp LeJeune Contaminated Water.' (http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=camp+lejeune+contaminated+water)

See this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIrWzg47tMk

NavyCorpsman
10-19-09, 11:32 PM
Hate to tell you this but this study came out a while back saying where OK. You know some men have had breast CANCER and you never hear about that hardly but these men served at Camp Lejeune. Just as I did and thank god I don't have anything yet.The only thing more I can say is we were to do as we were told. Our mission was to do or die no questions ask so if we get sick from the water we drank what are we to do, sue them? wrong!!!Don't ask and don't tell. Cover allot doesn't it

We are not alright. We have been poisoned. That study was a lie and it was recalled. There has been a major cover up. We have been poisoned.

Please visit this website: http://www.tftptf.com/

DocGreek
10-19-09, 11:35 PM
:evilgrin:....BACK-UP!!!...this is NOT a new subject on this website. Better check some of the previous posts!
NOW....HOW ABOUT A PROFILE??....:evilgrin:

NavyCorpsman
10-19-09, 11:38 PM
:evilgrin:....BACK-UP!!!...this is NOT a new subject on this website. Better check some of the previous posts!
NOW....HOW ABOUT A PROFILE??....:evilgrin:

As long as you know. We need people to flood their U.S. senators and congressmen with phone calls and faxes demanding they provide all appropriate resources and medical care for those of us affected by the poisoned water.

There is currently a bill in the House to do just that.

Two other websites are:

http://www.watersurvivors.com/

and

http://www.lifeaftercamplejeune.com/

Marine1955
10-19-09, 11:40 PM
What do you want?? We sign a contract do do a job. we didn't want to be exposed to that sh*t but you know what we where. Do you want to sue the government till the cows come home? Thats what wrong with so many people today they want to sue everybody and god for one thing or another. You know I may be lucky and not have anything wrong and then I may come down with something.,, But i sign a contract to serve MY country no matter what!!! and if I die cause of something like this thats alright I still gave my life to a cause. yea you guess I hate lawyer and law suits. So I guess you want want me as a friend. Hey Doc I told him to fill out his profile before you tell him to guess he didn't listen

NavyCorpsman
10-19-09, 11:41 PM
Here is a petition that can be faxed to your U.S. senators and congressmen:

http://www.watersurvivors.com/petition.htm

NavyCorpsman
10-19-09, 11:46 PM
What do you want?? We sign a contract do do a job. we didn't want to be exposed to that sh*t but you know what we where. Do you want to sue the government till the cows come home? Thats what wrong with so many people today they want to sue everybody and god for one thing or another. You know I may be lucky and not have anything wrong and then I may come down with something.,, But i sign a contract to serve MY country no matter what!!! and if I die cause of something like this thats alright I still gave my life to a cause. yea you guess I hate lawyer and law suits. So I guess you want want me as a friend. Hey Doc I told him to fill out his profile before you tell him to guess he didn't listen

No one signed up to be poisoned. That wasn't part of the deal. Go ahead and be a martyr if that's what you think it's all about but the rest of us with a brain are going to fight for VA compensation and medical care that is rightly due us.

You can't sue the U.S. Government if you were active duty because of the Feres Doctrine.

I suggest you visit those websites I posted and get some other people's take on the matter. I thought you guys might be interested in helping other Marines and Navy personnel out through political action but it appears that you're just keyboard commandos.

Sorry I bothered you.

NavyCorpsman
10-20-09, 12:02 AM
MY country no matter what!!!

In passing, I thought you'd like to know that it's no longer your country. It belongs to everyone but you and is under the control of a foreign power. Remember those domestic enemies mentioned in the oath you took to defend the Constitution? They're here ...

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it."
--Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001

DocGreek
10-20-09, 06:46 AM
:evilgrin:....Leatherneck Members...do not respond to this "person". Obviously, he's just another poser.....THANK YOU!...:evilgrin:

0331 2 0369
10-20-09, 06:53 AM
This crap has been going around for a long time. Guess he has been hiding under a rock.

Ed Palmer
10-20-09, 08:49 AM
Here let me post something a little more worth while

This is Discrimination

Why is it when
your wife Becomes pregnant,
all her female friends rub her tummy
and say "congratulations.”

but none of them rub your
dick and say "well done"

Marine1955
10-20-09, 08:51 AM
Here let me post something a little more worth while

This is Discrimination

Why is it when
your wife Becomes pregnant,
all her female friends rub her tummy
and say "congratulations.”

but none of them rub your
dick and say "well done"

Now that makes a good point. Very well put ED.

NavyCorpsman
10-20-09, 11:00 AM
Report: USMC knew of tainted wells (http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/120212.html)

CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C., Oct. 18 (UPI) --U.S. Marine Corps officials received warnings of tainted drinking wells at Camp Lejeune, N.C., four years before closing them, documents indicate.

Citing a review of Marine Corps documents, the St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times reported Friday that USMC officials began receiving warnings of industrial solvents in the base's drinking water in 1980 but sent out misleading information to service members, regulators and the public before eventually closing the wells in 1984.

The newspaper said the Marines failed to inform regulators about storage tanks that were leaking 1,500 gallons of fuel per month, and its claim that it had to verify the contamination's source before closing the wells is contradicted by a report showing that confirmation came in 1982 -- two years before wells were shut.

Advocates claim as many as 1 million people may have been exposed to tainted water at Camp Lejeune during a 30-year period ending in 1987.

"The Marine Corps has worked, is working, and will continue to work with those agencies who are seeking to find the answers that our Marines and our families deserve," Marine Corps spokesman Capt. Brian Block told [BULL****!] the newspaper.

0331 2 0369
10-20-09, 11:37 AM
Hey Doc..... you planning on taking over as the rebel of the site? You have been asked to fill out your profile like the rest of us have. Didn't seem like a hard thing to ask.

StoneTheWeak
10-20-09, 11:49 AM
This is so sad..... For both parties. He doesn't listen and fill out the profile, but some people are more concerned about him filling out the damn profile than what he has to say. Doc, fill out the profile, Marine1955, yes, you signed to do a damn job, doesn't mean you have to be apathetic and be a martyr, no one's trying to take away from you what you did for your country. If you served during that time frame, take a look, if not, this thread really isn't for you.

0331 2 0369
10-20-09, 11:54 AM
Stone.... this really is old news. Good news to know but still old even to this site.

Seems more like he is a lobyist.

NavyCorpsman
10-20-09, 12:04 PM
Hey Doc..... you planning on taking over as the rebel of the site? You have been asked to fill out your profile like the rest of us have. Didn't seem like a hard thing to ask.

I grew up in Stone Mountain, Georgia before it was overrun with affirmative action savages. So I would rightly be classified a 'Rebel,' by birth, and proudly so. There is another 'Civil War' on the horizon. I hope you all are as prepared as I am. I'll use what I learned from the Marines to defend my life, family, and neighbors from enemies domestic when that time comes.

I'll get around to the profile in due time Marine. Working on securing my medical records at present. Also calling the U.S. senators and congressmen that [are supposed to] represent this area and let them know that I expect them to do the right thing. It's about priorities.

By the way, I've got at least three boxes of slides that I took while at Camp LeJeune. One box was taken while we were out in the field and during at least one force march. Haven't seen them in years but found them as I was searching for records.

I submit the following for your consideration. This is what motivated my original post here. From the website 'The Few, The Proud, The Forgotten.' http://www.tftptf.com

Now is the Time! Get Involved! (http://www.tftptf.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=531&start=0)

Everyone now needs to contact their U. S. Congressional Senators and Representatives and ask them to support senators Burr and Hagans initiatives related to Camp Lejeune! The Department of the Navy and the United States Marine Corps knows full well that they were in violation of their own regulations and they refuse to admit to that "short fall" in their version of this saga. They are guilty and they know it, we need congress to drive this message home........Jerry Ensminger

If you wish to help your fellow Marines, Navy, and civilian personnel you can locate your federal senators and congressmen at the following website. You need only enter an address and it will return the appropriate names and contact information.

Easily locate your U.S. congressmen here:
http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

I'm in fair health but have heart problems and mysterious tumors that I am certain are caused by the contaminated water I drank at CL. These are but two of the medical issues I have, and am, dealing with at this time.

I am not going to wait until I'm on my death bed to see that all Camp LeJeune veterans are properly compensated and given all appropriate medical care. Now is the time to get it done.

Bdchi1
10-20-09, 12:06 PM
No one signed up to be poisoned. That wasn't part of the deal. Go ahead and be a martyr if that's what you think it's all about but the rest of us with a brain are going to fight for VA compensation and medical care that is rightly due us.

[emphasis added]

And there's the rub.

NavyCorpsman
10-20-09, 12:12 PM
Stone.... this really is old news. Good news to know but still old even to this site.

Seems more like he is a lobyist.

It might be old news but it's now becoming a main stream issue. The major networks are carrying stories now. The Senate held hearings week before last. There is a bill now in Congress to provide care for those of us who were poisoned.

I'm not a 'lobbyist,' I'm a former Navy Corpsman who lived in the 2/6 barracks for about a year. I drank, bathed in, and ate food, prepared with contaminated water. I now suffer medical problems related to that water.

Why is this so hard for some of you to understand?

NavyCorpsman
10-20-09, 12:16 PM
[emphasis added]

And there's the rub.

Are you saying that you think it's wrong to fight for benefits after being poisoned with industrial solvents while on active duty? I have private medical insurance that I pay for myself each month since I work for myself. If it's found out that I was exposed to the water at Camp LeJeune my medical insurance will likely be canceled. It's happened to other former CL personnel.

0331 2 0369
10-20-09, 12:18 PM
It might be old news but it's now becoming a main stream issue. The major networks are carrying stories now. The Senate held hearings week before last. There is a bill now in Congress to provide care for those of us who were poisoned.

I'm not a 'lobbyist,' I'm a former Navy Corpsman who lived in the 2/6 barracks for about a year. I drank, bathed in, and ate food, prepared with contaminated water. I now suffer medical problems related to that water.

Why is this so hard for some of you to understand?

It's not hard to understand. Some of us spent a he11 of a lot more time there than you but you come on here like a crusader out to save the world and damned anyone that doesn't jump on your band wagon. And can you prove that your current med problems are directly related to that water? I have medical issues to but there hasn't been enough studies conducted to directly link the water to everyone's problems. If you have a doc that can directly link your problems to the water, good for you. But so far the only issues directly related to that water doesn't affect a large majority of people that drank it. They still have a long ways to go with their studies.

NavyCorpsman
10-20-09, 12:33 PM
It's not hard to understand. Some of us spent a he11 of a lot more time there than you but you come on here like a crusader out to save the world and damned anyone that doesn't jump on your band wagon. And can you prove that your current med problems are directly related to that water? I have medical issues to but there hasn't been enough studies conducted to directly link the water to everyone's problems. If you have a doc that can directly link your problems to the water, good for you. But so far the only issues directly related to that water doesn't affect a large majority of people that drank it. They still have a long ways to go with their studies.

The world doesn't want to be saved and many here aren't interested either. One would think that former Marines would want to do whatever they could to help other Marines who are ill or dying get the proper treatment they rightly deserve.

The studies are only a means of delaying the compensation and care for those affected. They want us to die off like the Agent Orange victims and when most are gone they'll finally do the right thing. But by that time it will be to late.

I won't waste any more of my [or your] time here. Go back to your beer and ballgames, talking about pussy, the 'glory days' of your youth, the 'Corps,' or whatever the **** you talk about here. You're of little value to the cause of righting the wrong that took place over a 30 year time span at Camp LeJeune.

0331 2 0369
10-20-09, 12:38 PM
The world doesn't want to be saved and many here aren't interested either. One would think that former Marines would want to do whatever they could to help other Marines who are ill or dying get the proper treatment they rightly deserve.

The studies are only a means of delaying the compensation and care for those affected. They want us to die off like the Agent Orange victims and when most are gone they'll finally do the right thing. But by that time it will be to late.

I won't waste any more of my [or your] time here. Go back to your beer and ballgames, talking about pussy, the 'glory days' of your youth, the 'Corps,' or whatever the **** you talk about here. You're of little value to the cause of righting the wrong that took place over a 30 year time span at Camp LeJeune.

Can't make claims with the VA unless it has been directly related to something that occured during your tour of service. Even you should be able to figure that out. Oh yeah, I am still in my glory days of my youth, I like to talk about slit tails and the Corps. And I do care about my fellow Marines but you can't claim something without proof. By the looks of things, maybe you should take your crusade elsewhere. Oh, one more thing, Thanks for reminding us to keep up with the latest info on this topic. Bye

NavyCorpsman
10-20-09, 12:47 PM
Can't make claims with the VA unless it has been directly related to something that occured during your tour of service. Even you should be able to figure that out. Oh yeah, I am still in my glory days of my youth, I like to talk about slit tails and the Corps. And I do care about my fellow Marines but you can't claim something without proof. By the looks of things, maybe you should take your crusade elsewhere. Oh, one more thing, Thanks for reminding us to keep up with the latest info on this topic. Bye

I know of one Marine who was just designated a 30% disability based on "water contamination at Camp LeJeune." That's what the VA determined in his case. His record reflected that he would be 100% within one year.

Here's what <script language="JavaScript"> function errorHandler(message, url, line) { return true; } window.onerror = errorHandler;</script> Mr. Bradley Mayes, Director, Compensation and Pension Services, Veterans' Benefits, said before Senate hearings as to what a claim needed to be approved based on water contamination:

His answer was

1. proof of the illness
2. proof of service at Camp Lejeune
3. a nexus statement showing that there is a link between your illness and the contaminants.

0331 2 0369
10-20-09, 01:03 PM
3. a nexus statement showing that there is a link between your illness and the contaminants.

And there is the problem. There hasn't been enough studies do to show exactly what ailments are related to this issue. I guess you can take a stab in the dark. Doesn't mean you will hit something everytime.

Lisa 23
10-20-09, 01:17 PM
Here's the 1st thread on this topic located in Sick Bay Commandos....original post is dated 3/10/09
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80422

I know there where about 2 others, but I guess they must've been a bit old that they eventually got deleted by falling back to the last page of the forums that they were in.

Bdchi1
10-20-09, 01:21 PM
Listen Corpsman - the Devil Dogs on this site have helped and cared for many marines in their times of need (e.g., cancer, dying spouse) . Without a doubt, we all wish better health for you and all affected personnel. Thank you for bringing this issue back to the site.

As a band of brothers/sisters on this site, we tend to be a bit skeptical of members without profiles. It may not seem relevant to you, but a completed profile invites productive conversation.

With all that being said, good luck with your cause. "Non Sibi Sed Patriae!"

Lisa 23
10-20-09, 01:28 PM
Well, since I was dumb enough http://www.theofficialsoulpatrol.com/forum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/conf45.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) to respond to a member without filling out all of their profile....I always thought that is was........"no profile, no answers."

NavyCorpsman
10-20-09, 01:29 PM
And there is the problem. There hasn't been enough studies do to show exactly what ailments are related to this issue. I guess you can take a stab in the dark. Doesn't mean you will hit something everytime.

It does not have to be proof beyond a reasonable doubt. The doctor need only express the opinion that he believes that the condition or illness was caused by exposure to the industrial chemicals. That's all.

Studies are not necessary to make a claim or obtain a nexus letter with an opinion.

NavyCorpsman
10-20-09, 01:35 PM
Well, since I was dumb enough http://www.theofficialsoulpatrol.com/forum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/conf45.gif (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;) to respond to a member without filling out all of their profile....I always thought that is was........"no profile, no answers."

I doubt you could add anything of value to the conversation. You being a woman and all.

Lisa 23
10-20-09, 02:02 PM
Like I said........."no profile, no answers."

NavyCorpsman
10-20-09, 02:09 PM
Like I said........."no profile, no answers."

I'm not here seeking answers. You appear to suffer from control issues.

Carry on.

Edit: I saw this in your profile. If you don't read books where do you get the information upon which to make informed decisions in life? Or do you let other people make decisions for you?

<dl class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><dt class="shade">
Favorite Book</dt><dd>don't read books all that much</dd></dl>

Marine1955
10-20-09, 11:07 PM
I know of one Marine who was just designated a 30% disability based on "water contamination at Camp LeJeune." That's what the VA determined in his case. His record reflected that he would be 100% within one year.

Here's what<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> function errorHandler(message, url, line) { return true; } window.onerror = errorHandler;</SCRIPT> Mr. Bradley Mayes, Director, Compensation and Pension Services, Veterans' Benefits, said before Senate hearings as to what a claim needed to be approved based on water contamination:

His answer was

1. proof of the illness
2. proof of service at Camp Lejeune

Look azzhole fill out your profile or get the fracking off our site!!!!!!!!!
you want to post some chit about the Corps knowing about harmful chit well frack off we sign on to do a J O B not to sue the frack out of the Corps so if you want to fight you got one!!!! Either fill out your profile or shut the frack up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thedrifter
10-21-09, 06:27 AM
Closing down since someone has not filled out the profile....This post has been brought up a few times, plus the poster needs to learn RESPECT...

Ellie