PDA

View Full Version : I've got a question about a specific Combat Engineer battalion

sdv0390
10-19-09, 10:05 PM
I'm going into the Marine reserves, and i was thinking about picking the MOS of Combat Engineer (1371). The drill station i would go to is

Company D, 4th Combat Engineer Battalion in Knoxville, TN. Does anyone know anything about this unit? Specifically is this unit assigned to group, division, or Wing? Im looking to be assigned to division.

josephd
10-20-09, 02:12 AM
So I really don't understand what your trying to ask and why it really matters but that unit you are referring to is part of the 4th Marine Division. And it also a detachment to a Naval Medical battalion

sdv0390
10-20-09, 08:56 AM
Well, I read that Combat engineers are assigned to a Division, Ground Group, or to the Air Wing. I read the CE's that go to division are the ones out with the grunts, doing demolition, etc. I was wondering if the CE's in this unit go to Division.

Also, what does it mean to be part of a naval dental detachment?

Rooger
10-20-09, 10:33 AM
As of 1989 when i got out ( I was a 1371 ) A Combat Engineer Battalion is assigned to a division. The Group CE's are assigned to a service support group as in 1st Force Service Support Group 7th engineer SUPPORT Battalion etc. As for the wing? I was never assigned to the wing, But I would think that they're part of the 1st 2nd or 3rd Marine air wing.

So the 4th Combat engineer battalion would be assigned to the 4th Marine division and yes they are the one's that go out, as you say with the grunts.

Grunts screw up? ENGINEERS UP!

josephd
10-20-09, 01:26 PM
Well, I read that Combat engineers are assigned to a Division, Ground Group, or to the Air Wing. I read the CE's that go to division are the ones out with the grunts, doing demolition, etc. I was wondering if the CE's in this unit go to Division.

Also, what does it mean to be part of a naval dental detachment?

the detachment doesn't mean anything at all really, its just where they run the unit out of, where I&I staff, S-1, etc. work out of

Hamelink83
11-22-09, 01:51 PM
You'll be part of MarDiv, not an MLG or MAW group. CEB's work with the grunts.