PDA

View Full Version : Afghanistan

ddoki04
10-19-09, 09:02 PM
I can without doubt say that Operation Enduring Freedom is far from any closing stages. Marines are being shot at and sometimes killed in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Afghanistan</st1:place></st1:country-region> on a daily basis. The Taliban carry with them tactics that have been passed down for centuries. Some examples of there tactics are IED attacks, convoy ambushes, bait and ambush, L shaped ambush, and trench ambushes.
Marines encounter attacks from the enemy often when they can’t see there attacker, leaving them with nowhere or no one to rebel against. The Taliban is not willing to fight face to face but rather taunt us with indirect fire. This is an advantage for the Taliban because they can wait, hide, and attack from distance. The Taliban also knows there surroundings far greater than we do and can plan and execute ambushes much more effectively.
Another issue in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Afghanistan</st1:place></st1:country-region> is a majority of there economy is run by the trafficking of illegal drugs, heroin and marijuana being the main profit. This alone is a huge problem that we face. As of now it is something that sits on the back burner. We currently have far too many other fish to fry.
When it comes to a personal opinion I would love to get a chance to go to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Afghanistan</st1:place></st1:country-region> and witness this chaos first had, to be the helping hand towards a better country. I think that the future holds good and bad things for Operation Enduring Freedom as it is a war. All we can do now is our best to assist the <st1:country-region w:st="on">United States</st1:country-region> in a successful mission and hope that someday we can do in <st1:country-region w:st="on">Afghanistan</st1:country-region> what we did in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Iraq</st1:place></st1:country-region>. That is to help establish a self efficient militia that can hold there own against the Taliban and any other disturbers.
The topic of Operation Enduring Freedom is way too complicated to sum up in a short little essay. It is something that would take dedication to summarize and opinionate fully. Once again I know that this mission is not something to end anytime soon. I do believe that our presence there is necessary. Never again in my lifetime do I want to witness US being attacked as violently as the happenings of 9/11.