PDA

View Full Version : talk to someone

LBMS21x
10-19-09, 01:04 PM
I dont know if there is anyone on here that lives in Las Vegas, nv but im thinking about joining the marines and going in to train for sniper school. I would really like to sit down with enrolled marines to get the real life of a marine. I know the recru will give me some insite but i want lots of insite. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Logan

Lisa 23
10-19-09, 01:07 PM
Doesn't anyone know how to read the rules before making their first post??? And please don't say I'm sorry after reading the rules about not capitalizing Marine.

[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
Rule Four make sure that you have a completed profile less than that is unsat and will get you banned for a period up to and including permanently!

Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!

TRLewis
10-19-09, 02:08 PM
Cupcake, listen I don't want to rain on your parade but here's the deal. You want to be a sniper? That's cool, but the Marines have Scout/Snipers. Let me ask you this, do you bow hunt? May want to start. I am not trying to discourage, you could be a helluva guy, you are a guy right? But there is a good chance you will not make. Plain and simple, you may not even get close. It's only 4 years, why not try it.

Lisa 23
10-19-09, 02:16 PM
TRLewis...is there really a need to call the 22 year old young man cupcake? Not nice. He does have a name, and you should try calling him that or by his user name.

amarine0311
10-19-09, 04:55 PM
LBMS21x- go to poolee hall and look for the sticky labeled scout sniper...lots of info there.

USCFIGHTONUSC
10-19-09, 05:19 PM
You need to focus on enlisting into the USMC first under the 03xx infantry MOS. Once you get into the USMC and are in your permanent unit, you then will know what you are capable of and what is realistic and what is not.

You can not enlist into the USMC as a sniper. You first must become a Marine and then go from there.

LBMS21x
10-20-09, 12:46 AM
Thank you Marines for all the replies! I didnt know that you had to be listed for sometime before going into the school. TRLewis said its only four years, y not try it....I agree its four years to push myself to become the best and get into the program. Thanks again!

Logan

TRLewis
10-20-09, 03:43 AM
Thank you Marines for all the replies! I didnt know that you had to be listed for sometime before going into the school. TRLewis said its only four years, y not try it....I agree its four years to push myself to become the best and get into the program. Thanks again!

Logan

What's the worst that can happen? You do 4 years and people look favorably on Marines in the civilian world.