PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

Zrice125
10-18-09, 09:20 PM
Marines,

First I would like to thank you in advance for your assistance. Currently I am a junior in High School and seek to earn my place in the United States Marines. I intend to apply to the United States Naval Academy, Marine option, and finish college there. I was wondering a few things on MOS selections on being an officer, for I have many different inputs. Do you choose an MOS during training, or do you complete training with a preferred MOS and depending on your qualifications you're given an MOS? I was told the Marine Corps pretty much picks for you. Secondly, how does an officer go about becoming Recon?

Thank you for your help Marines!

Zrice125
10-19-09, 06:03 PM
Secondly, how does an officer go about becoming Recon?

Thank you for your help Marines!

Scratch that entirely, I know you guys are sick of wannabes asking about Recon, and I'll save that one for the next time I meet up with my recruiter. I guess the only way to find out how to do it is to earn the title of Marine first.

Phantom Blooper
10-19-09, 06:53 PM
Are you wanting to scratch the
Thank you for your help Marines! ?

:evilgrin:

josephd
10-19-09, 06:53 PM
My question to you is why are you talking with a recruiter if you plan on going to the Naval Academy?....

As far as MOS selection goes as an officer, you get a wish list of what you would like and then it gets selected for you at TBS based on where you rank in your class.

If you are serious about going to Naval Academy or college and becoming an officer don't waste your time talking with a recruiter. Stick to school and then once you get through your freshmen year start talking with an OSO.

Lisa 23
10-19-09, 06:58 PM
Scratch that entirely, I know you guys are sick of wannabes asking about Recon, and I'll save that one for the next time I meet up with my recruiter. I guess the only way to find out how to do it is to earn the title of Marine first.
How about saying..."I know you MARINES.".....not I know you guys.

Zrice125
10-20-09, 03:08 PM
My apologies, I meant "I know you Marines",
Phantom Blooper (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=3342), I do not mean to quote that, I didn't see that part at the bottom.
And I talked to my recruiter to get some background information, I was not sure where to start.

Thank you all for your guidance and help. It is much appreciated.