PDA

View Full Version : can you request to be a field mp?

bluechillzz
10-18-09, 06:58 PM
i'm just wondering because if you can i will, otherwise i'll just deal with the base they send me to. This important because i'm trying to decide whether to be an mp or just go with infantry(my original choice), i want a mos that requires field work.

SGT7477
10-18-09, 08:28 PM
I could have been an MP on Okinawa but turned it down for a better job,lol.

bluechillzz
10-18-09, 08:31 PM
alright then

bluechillzz
10-18-09, 09:48 PM
i'm guessing nobody knows?

Zulu 36
10-18-09, 09:55 PM
i'm just wondering because if you can i will, otherwise i'll just deal with the base they send me to. This important because i'm trying to decide whether to be an mp or just go with infantry(my original choice), i want a mos that requires field work.

Sooner or later you will end up in the field as an MP. Everybody learns how to do garrison work and field work. You could go to a Division MP unit, but then get FAPped to Base PMO. Sh*t happens, you wipe yourself and carry on.

bluechillzz
10-18-09, 11:32 PM
thanks, that pretty much answered my question.

Fubar5812
10-19-09, 01:31 AM
you can request all you want, but in the end it's the needs of the Marine Corps. that being said you will most likely see both sides of the MP field, as in a 5 year contract (which the MP field is, unless you get it through open contract) you'll do both. I'm at a garrison PMO unit in Hawaii right out then after 2 years ill PSC to a MEF kennels and finish out my enlistment with them. but thats how the K-9 thing works, our monitor came by last month and 5 guys that have been here for 2+ years all got orders to the mainland to field units they requested.

Old Marine
10-19-09, 09:01 AM
You will probably get more field work than you can handle. Every unit needs a four holer so grab a shovel and find the start button. Same goes for pizz tubes.

bluechillzz
10-19-09, 09:42 AM
i see, so it is completely random then. Do you guys think i should just go with infantry then or should i stick with military police and hope i get lucky.

Lisa 23
10-19-09, 09:44 AM
i see, so it is completely random then. Do you guys think i should just go with infantry then or should i stick with military police and hope i get lucky.
How about saying...."Do you MARINES think I should".........NOT do you "guys" :mad:

polizei
10-19-09, 10:27 AM
My MP class of ~100, half or so went field and the other half went PMO. It depends, but it's really the needs of the Corps. You don't get to choose. However, if you are married with dependents (ie kids) you will most likely get PMO. Also, if you buddy with someone that is married and has dependents, you will most likely get sent to PMO as well.

So, my advice would be: Go MP if it's what you want to do. Pair up with someone that is single, and hope to get field. If not, suck it up and LAT move later. Remember, field MP's are grunts with wheels...they carry everything on their backs, we carry everything in vehicles!

bluechillzz
10-19-09, 01:50 PM
thanks and sorry if i offended anybody by saying guys.

Fubar5812
10-19-09, 09:19 PM
How about saying...."Do you MARINES think I should".........NOT do you "guys" :mad:

I don't mind if you call me "guy" it's a forum, but she does, watch it poolees.

go infantry IMO, too much left to chance.