10-18-09, 04:37 PM
What? <br />
<br />
Enlisted can resign? They rode a man to death? <br />
<br />
Anyone know any background?

BR34
10-18-09, 04:40 PM
Maybe he was IRR and came on orders for some extra money. I don't think they sign a contract.

Alisium
10-18-09, 05:31 PM
It might actually be an officer and the media got the rank wrong. Wouldn't surprise me. Wouldn't be the first time either.

Zulu 36
10-18-09, 06:26 PM
Or it could be simply a request for administrative separation (i.e., resignation).

awbrown1462
10-18-09, 06:53 PM
he could have been in for 6years already

Bdchi1
10-18-09, 08:30 PM
Army enlisted have certain codes of "resignation" when serving "unspecified enlistment". There are multiple categories for this, including, but not limited to,
1) for the good of the service;
2) in lieu of resignation for misconduct or inefficiency;
3) in lieu of board action when based on unfitness;
4) in liew of board action when base on unsuitability;
5) unconditional resignation; and
6) in lieu of seperation for disloyalty or subversion.

So, I think the operative phrase is "unspecified enlistment" which could possibly combine BR34's and awbrown's comments.

I started this with "Army enlisted" but I think they are actually DoD codes, which means they could apply across all branches. I don't think the Corps permits too many of these. My only experience with these types has been with those individuals with dual citizenships.

kfisbusy
10-18-09, 10:39 PM
:evilgrin:I don't have to much to say. Just watch out the newGOV.is in now. I hate to say it Old Dogs but this new fuc* they have now is scary. So keep the weapons handy and the eyes & ears sharp just incase. Rember we are in a time that is new. For what ever that means. I geuss we need to ask the lire Obama and the rest of his people so they can fu*k us up the ass some more. SSGT. Francisco