PDA

View Full Version : Question from a admin Marine whos tired of admin...

raulg
10-18-09, 09:26 AM
Monday through Friday I sit in a chair and make Id's for people from 0730 to 1700 and its getting real boring.

I was reading the newspaper today and it was showing Marines helping people from the Philippines and im wondering if theres any way that I can be in that position.

I want to travel and help people from different countries. Is there any type of IA billets or something that would allow me to do this?

DIBLO7
10-18-09, 09:38 AM
Short answer, yes. There are IA billets that you could go on; however, depending on the needs of your unit you might not be able to go on one. How many 01's are there in your shop? Could they still accomplish the mission without you for 6 months? Questions like that have to be answered. You might just have to wait for a while so you can PCS/PCA to a unit where you'll do something. Are you an 0121 or and 0151?

BR34
10-18-09, 11:48 AM
Monday through Friday I sit in a chair and make Id's for people from 0730 to 1700 and its getting real boring.

I was reading the newspaper today and it was showing Marines helping people from the Philippines and im wondering if theres any way that I can be in that position.

I want to travel and help people from different countries. Is there any type of IA billets or something that would allow me to do this?

If your unit sent you directly to work in a ID card office instead of learning your MOS I don't think they're going to be too keen on sending you on a MEU.

marine3043
10-18-09, 03:24 PM
well since you are a lcpl,, i will help you,,, go to marines.mil and look for hot fills for your mos----what are hot fills,,,, ask one of your ncos if they dont know they are garbage.....check them out

raulg
10-18-09, 07:02 PM
Short answer, yes. There are IA billets that you could go on; however, depending on the needs of your unit you might not be able to go on one. How many 01's are there in your shop? Could they still accomplish the mission without you for 6 months? Questions like that have to be answered. You might just have to wait for a while so you can PCS/PCA to a unit where you'll do something. Are you an 0121 or and 0151?

I am an 0121. I think in our shop everyone is replaceable and you can still accomplish the mission without somebody. It all just depends on how many marines we got in the shop at the time.

There's like 12 Marines and only 4 stations to make id's on. That is all we do at the shop is make id's.

So as far as accomplishing the mission, it can still be accomplished.

If your unit sent you directly to work in a ID card office instead of learning your MOS I don't think they're going to be too keen on sending you on a MEU.

I came straight out of MOS school and got sent to Okinawa and they put all us admin Marines in an office and basically kind of randomly put us in different sections of the IPAC.

They were actually going to move me sections as soon as I got there because they thought I wasnt a citizen and you have to be a citizen to work at the shop.

Supposedly what they do is move everybody around different sections after a year. So I should end up actually doing my MOS in a few months hopefully.

well since you are a lcpl,, i will help you,,, go to marines.mil and look for hot fills for your mos----what are hot fills,,,, ask one of your ncos if they dont know they are garbage.....check them out

I will check out the website. As far as NCO's, I have one NCO and I doubt he knows what hot fills are but I am not sure. Ill ask him.