PDA

View Full Version : Did I lie at meps? HELP

ReCoDe
10-17-09, 11:25 PM
Okay heres the deal. I've been reading. I have a "bone spur" on the back of my head. I leave for the USMC on the 26th. Basically one week. I DID TELL MY RECRUITER. But he said was this. If it does not bother me physically or mentally, WHICH IT DOES NOT, you don't have to put it down because it's simply just a bump. No ones going to give a **** about a bump he said. It won't even bother me while I'm wearing a helmet.

Should I have let meps known about it? He said no because it's not a medical condition. I did have a MRI a few years ago just to check it out. The doctors said it wouldnt affect me ever, but it is perminant. It's not big at all, barely noticeable unless you're looking for it.

What should I do..... I am scared they will find it and start asking questions and disqualify me in MRCD PI. Words of advice and encouragement helps guys. Sorry if this is the wrong forum by the way. Thank you. Semper FI.

Phantom Blooper
10-18-09, 12:22 AM
Yep....come clean to MEPS.

If you get your gourd hurt in boot camp and something happens and that spur breaks off.....if it don't go somewhere and hurt you worse they may get you for a fraudulent enlistment.

It's up to you.....but it would be a shame watching your series graduate and your helping set up the parade deck while waiting to go home.

Integrity is one of the leadership traits of a Marine!:evilgrin:

ReCoDe
10-18-09, 12:26 AM
Thanks a lot. It's just bone it won't come off. I passed MEPS already. I am going to process at MCRD PI Monday 26th, 2009. My recruiter said they didn't say anything to me in MEPS when I went down there in December then it's not a big deal.

slug
10-18-09, 12:27 AM
Integrity is one of the leadership traits of a Marine!:evilgrin:
Rather difficult when you consider how common it is for recruiters to do exactly this and how impressionable poolees are by their recruiters at that time in their lives.

ReCoDe
10-18-09, 12:31 AM
I told my recruiters, it was their choice not to put it down on the pre-ship paperwork. I would have put it down just INFORMING them of it's existence. It is not a medical condition, so I don't see why it would be a problem? It dosen't bother me, physically or mentally. It's just the way my head is shaped the doctor said. It won't come off either. I really appreiciate your help Marines.

Phantom Blooper
10-18-09, 07:22 AM
Rather difficult when you consider how common it is for recruiters to do exactly this and how impressionable poolees are by their recruiters at that time in their lives.

Regardless of one a hand,bucket or barrel full of Marines are dishonest in the dealings of the Marine Corps....Integrity is still and always will be a vital link in the backbone of the Corps!

I told my recruiters, it was their choice not to put it down on the pre-ship paperwork.

I would rather have something documented....in the event that a what if happens to cover my azz and make a paper trail known.

One spends a year in DEP and three months and boot camp and if you don't have a problem there....maybe in SOI/MCT or school.....then the fleet and it may come back and bite you in the azz at a later time when dealing with the VA for claims.

Sorta like a dog standing beside two beautiful freshly painted fire hydrants with his leg cocked and ready to go......Decisions.....Decisions!:evilgrin:

Quinbo
10-18-09, 07:38 AM
You'll be sitting in a barbers chair in the middle of the night and told to place your your finger on any lumps, bumps, moles, warts that you have. Just sit down and relax the barber will mow it off with a pair of dull clippers.

BR34
10-18-09, 09:33 AM
Thanks a lot. It's just bone it won't come off.

It's a bone so it can't break? What?!?

ReCoDe
10-18-09, 11:37 AM
Recruiter said it's nothing to worry about, they don't check previous medical documents from the history like they say they do.

BR34
10-18-09, 11:46 AM
Let me ask you something. If you had all the answers before posting your question, why did you bother asking?

Lisa 23
10-18-09, 12:19 PM
Okay heres the deal. I've been reading. I have a "bone spur" on the back of my head. I leave for the USMC on the 26th. Basically one week. I DID TELL MY RECRUITER. But he said was this. If it does not bother me physically or mentally, WHICH IT DOES NOT, you don't have to put it down because it's simply just a bump. No ones going to give a **** about a bump he said. It won't even bother me while I'm wearing a helmet.

Should I have let meps known about it? He said no because it's not a medical condition. I did have a MRI a few years ago just to check it out. The doctors said it wouldnt affect me ever, but it is perminant. It's not big at all, barely noticeable unless you're looking for it.

What should I do..... I am scared they will find it and start asking questions and disqualify me in MRCD PI. Words of advice and encouragement helps guys. Sorry if this is the wrong forum by the way. Thank you. Semper FI.

You DO NOT rate saying Semper Fi.
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048&page=15

Wyoming
10-18-09, 12:26 PM
Good question that never ceases to me. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
I wonder if it is not an attention thing.

Lisa 23
10-18-09, 12:49 PM
Spurs are a &quot;big deal&quot;. That spur that you have on the back of you head can get bigger and lead to bigger problems. <br />
Not that my spurs were on the back of my head, but I've already had 2 surgeries in...

ReCoDe
10-18-09, 02:42 PM
Because I don't believe what my recruiter is telling me is true.

Wyoming
10-18-09, 03:11 PM
Because I don't believe what my recruiter is telling me is true.I think you were replying to the comment by BR34. If so, I would run, and run fast, to the nearest army recruiter. They NEVER lie.

BR34
10-18-09, 04:38 PM
Because I don't believe what my recruiter is telling me is true.

So do you keep telling us what your recruiter said because you want to know if we agree, or because you're using his words to formulate your belief that everything will be okay?

Zulu 36
10-18-09, 06:34 PM
How do you even know if this protuberance is a "bone spur?" Bone spurs are not commonly found on the head (neck yes, head no).

It could be you are a simple knucklehead. Drill Instructors are good at fixing those.

Bdchi1
10-18-09, 11:45 PM
Okay heres the deal. I've been reading. I have a "bone spur" on the back of my head.

Not quite sure who told you that you have a "bone spur" on the back of your head, but I'm certain they're dead wrong. Almost everyone has a bony projection on the back center of their head. Some stick out further than others. Mine stuck out enough for those butchers at boot camp to skin it a couple of times. What you've found is most likely your "External Occipital Protuberance". As I said, it is more pronounced in some.

If the doc's told you it was nothing to be concerned with, then its nothing to be concerned with. Drop the issue from your mind completely and just point out the bump to the butchers at receiving when you get that dome chromed in the middle of the night.

Look up the definition of bone spur to get a true definition of what a bone spur is, and then look up external occipital protuberance.

YOU ARE FINE. Trust us...you'll plenty of other things to worry about at boot.

Best of luck:thumbup: