PDA

View Full Version : Legal administration MOS?

Jsauer89
10-17-09, 05:48 PM
Hey everyone, im new to this site.

I was wanting to know if any Marines out there had some info on legal admin? Ive already seen about.com link and it dont really tell me much. I leave for bootcamp in a week and my recruiter showed me a paper that said im either going to end up Legal admin or aircraft mechanic ( I dont know how their in the same group ) There wasnt very many job choices, it was pretty much legal admin, motor t or communications. I was hoping to be an armorer but I am ready to ship. Is there a chance to switch your MOS after boot or during bct?

Thanks!

-poolee Sauer :tank:

Failuredrill
10-18-09, 03:22 AM
Google "Pogue". Enjoy.

raulg
10-18-09, 09:03 AM
Im admin.

I had Legal Admin but some how i got stuck in the ID Center making ids for people. I don't know a thing about Admin yet

DIBLO7
10-18-09, 09:26 AM
With the legal admin job field you'll either end up as an 0121,0151,0161, or a 4421. The "01" jobs are your admin jobs, Personnel Clerk, Administrative Clerk, and Mail Clerk. The 4421 is a Legal Clerk. The most rare of the 4 to get is the Mail Clerk, followed by the Legal Clerk. 0121 and 0151 are the most common. The MOS school for those two MOS's is in Camp Johnson, NC and is about a month long where you'll learn how to process diary's (how to put stuff in the "system" as an 0121, or how to make the stuff that the 0121's put in the "system" as an 0151.

The 0151's are part of a regular unit, from the grunts to the airwing, every unit has 0151's. They deploy with and do lots of training with the unit they are attached to. The 0121's mainly stay at a base unit and process diaries. However, there are some that get augmented out to deploying units so that they have some diary support.

Hope that helps.