PDA

View Full Version : DEP and MOS

Aurelius33
10-17-09, 09:15 AM
Hello Marines!
I have a few questions about the DEP. I read in another post that it may be difficult to get an Infantry slot in the current recruiting climate, but would one have a better chance of going 0300 if they enlist in the DEP and wait a few months for a slot?

Here's my other question; When they tell you to list your preferred Job, are they asking for specific MOS's that you want or just Occupational Fields? Thank you in advance for any replies!

Phantom Blooper
10-17-09, 09:37 AM
but would one have a better chance of going 0300 if they enlist in the DEP and wait a few months for a slot?

The fiscal year starts October 1st of each year....they know how many MOS billets need to be filled.

From what I am reading and hearing it is hard to get certain MOS's.....qualifications and the standings on your ASVAB test help determine which job you will be qualified for.

When you DEP you need to talk to the recruiter and get locked into the MOS that you want....some poolees or Marines may know how long you have before you pick your MOS with the year you spend in DEP(Although you can definitely spend less)

When they tell you to list your preferred Job, are they asking for specific MOS's that you want or just Occupational Fields?

When you get an MOS...say 03 ....and go to SOI and prepare to graduate you may want to be an 11 but you can be a 31..41..51 whatever they need you to trained in at the time.

Talk to a recruiter for updated information!

:evilgrin:

Aurelius33
01-04-10, 01:12 AM
I know this is a fairly old thread, but looking at my post history I noticed that I forgot to say thank you. So thank you very much, sir, for taking the time to answer my question (a very thorough and helpful answer, by the way!)

Phantom Blooper
01-04-10, 07:31 PM
So thank you very much, sir, for taking the time to answer my question (a very thorough and helpful answer, by the way!)

Your welcome....but really no thanks is necessary....I enjoy doing it!

Good luck to you!

:evilgrin: