PDA

View Full Version : Dd-215

echo3oscar1833
10-16-09, 02:15 PM
So I asked this question in another thread, but I felt it might be better to make it a seperate thread, cause the other one turned into a debate :D.

Here it is I currently have two DD-215's attached to my DD-214. One of them has my National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terror Service Medal, and Rifle Marksman Badge on it. The other has my Meritourious Unit Commendation on it. How many DD-215's are you allowed before they just make you a new DD-214. Could I also request to have them consolidate it into a new DD-214 if I requested it. Or is this something they don't do at all, and just keep adding DD-215 attachements. Thanks, SF:D

DocGreek
10-16-09, 02:31 PM
:D....HEY..DUDE!!!....went through the "process", TWICE! I don't beleive that you can get a DD-214, only DD-215's. Mine was updated a total of THREE times!! Maybe you could ask the Service Rep at the American Legion...he MIGHT know. BEST of luck, BUBBA!!!.....SEMPER FI...Doc Greek...:flag:

echo3oscar1833
10-16-09, 03:17 PM
:D....HEY..DUDE!!!....went through the "process", TWICE! I don't beleive that you can get a DD-214, only DD-215's. Mine was updated a total of THREE times!! Maybe you could ask the Service Rep at the American Legion...he MIGHT know. BEST of luck, BUBBA!!!.....SEMPER FI...Doc Greek...:flag:

Thanks Doc!!!:D

Sgt Leprechaun
10-16-09, 11:51 PM
Much of the time, it's just the attachments. The 'new' DD-214 would be issued if you had other service, the current one you have can't be changed, which is why they have to keep issuing the other things. I realize it's a PIA but not much that can be done. By all means, you can check with the rep, but I don't think they'll be able to do much for ya.

echo3oscar1833
10-17-09, 08:45 AM
Much of the time, it's just the attachments. The 'new' DD-214 would be issued if you had other service, the current one you have can't be changed, which is why they have to keep issuing the other things. I realize it's a PIA but not much that can be done. By all means, you can check with the rep, but I don't think they'll be able to do much for ya.

Thanks Brother :D