PDA

View Full Version : Need some help from marines

wrestlingacm
10-16-09, 09:05 AM
i am a junior in highschool i am seventeen and my recruiter wants me to swear in in may he says its my best chance of getting a shot at recon witch is my dream job i have always wanted to be a marine and i come from a family of marines cause i know ats the most bad ass job in the world i am currently a regional champ wrestler and a silver gloves boxing champion with a purple belt in jujitzu and seven years of kickboxing i am currently also thinking about making mma a profesion just need some advise

Lisa 23
10-16-09, 09:26 AM
First, when using the word Marines, it will be capitlized at all times, it's in the rules.
Second, use proper sentence structure, like capital letters at the beginning of a sentence and periods at the end. I have no idea what you just asked......http://www.theofficialsoulpatrol.com/forum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/icon_scratch.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) because it all runs together.

slimmy07
10-16-09, 10:20 AM
Well if you DEP in june (from my understanding, you can't DEP a junior till june) they can get you the Recon program for sure. The reason is because you DEP in june and don't got to boot camp till next june. You would have a chance to get that recon program because you will have first choice when the MOS's come out for next FY. Also, there will probably be Marines on this site that say "worry about boot camp first" before thinking recon. I won't give you an discouraging or negative info, if recon is the way you want to go, Do it. Yes, the odds are against you as far as making it, but thats when Marines perform their best. So go get that title Marine, then go get the title of Recon. MMA or anything else will be there when you decide to leave the Corps. I suggest you you consider the Marines first if its been a dream of yours. Lets say you go and try MMA, but get a serious injury that could make you go from being qualified for the Corps to being DQ'd. I have seen happen one too may times when I was on recruiting duty. Best of luck.