PDA

View Full Version : Airmen More Physically Fit Than Marines?

commdog7
10-15-09, 03:48 PM
New Air Force recruiting videos are out and they bashing the Marines. Check it out:

http://airforce.com/opportunities/enlisted/basic-training/ (http://airforce.com/opportunities/enlisted/basic-training/)

Apparently the Air Force boot camp is physically tougher than Marine boot camp. Watch the video in week 1, it is hilarious! Anyone else notice the lack of intensity in their training?

Quinbo
10-15-09, 04:00 PM
I think I was saw this video on the military channel. Note the rifles painted blue and stenciled with inert on them. The flack vests say on the back contain no plates; for training purposes only. Air raid ... everybody grab their orange cone and go set them up for medivac. Why not just put them on their heads and run around in circles? LOL ... my brother is retired air force and I never miss a chance to bust his chops. That one just plain cracked me up.

Alisium
10-15-09, 04:23 PM
Yes,

Hold that rifle in the crook of your arms, during a low crawl, so that you flag your buddy instead of the bad guys.

Can't say much as that's what Marine recruit training tells you to do also.

Never saw the air force a lot, only at March when we'd do NEO's and such. Their chicks are pretty hot though.

BR34
10-15-09, 04:29 PM
Everyone needs to skip the intro and click on "Week 1" to see the video of the Airmen talking about how it's tougher than the Marine Corps, Army, or Navy.

usmcmsf
10-15-09, 04:31 PM
Yes, Air Force does have some nice chicks, thats about all they got going for them outside of pilots.

A buddy who I played football with in HS is in the Air Force, he said two a days were tougher than their basic training.

firedog974
10-15-09, 04:32 PM
This is the only hard thing i've seen in the air force

http://sirrion.wordpress.com/2007/02/16/michelle-manhurt-naked-playboy-pictures/

I salute her!

Alisium
10-15-09, 04:32 PM
I did. All week one is, is some drill sergeant talking about processing and introduction to military life. I'll watch the rest later.

jetdawgg
10-15-09, 04:33 PM
Sgt Spriggs looks like the DC Weatherman:D

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/original/Tony%20Perkins.jpg

I needed a good laff:D

Alisium
10-15-09, 04:34 PM

http://sirrion.wordpress.com/2007/02/16/michelle-manhurt-naked-playboy-pictures/

I salute her!

God Bless you, Devil Dog!

:banana:

firedog974
10-15-09, 04:42 PM
God Bless you, Devil Dog!

:banana:

Could you imagine her as your DI? SCHWING!!!!:banana: Her recruits (or whatever they are called in the air force) must have had a hard (pun intended) time when she was leading them in 10 count body builders.

usmcmsf
10-15-09, 04:45 PM
Watching the videos, I cant believe how soft they all are.

10-15-09, 04:45 PM

I salute her!

Yeah, buddy! My privates are at the POA for that one! Good thing she's a STAFF Sergeant! http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=549&pictureid=4375

jetdawgg
10-15-09, 04:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Nf1MK7lts&feature=related

commdog7
10-15-09, 04:51 PM
I thought the new AF recruiting video was cute. It's like a chihuahua thinking it's a bulldog.

Whatever the AF has to tell themselves to sleep at night....

BR34
10-15-09, 04:51 PM
Here's the actual video, Marines.

http://marinecorpstimes.com/news/2009/10/marine_USAFrecruiting_101509w/

jetdawgg
10-15-09, 05:06 PM
Here's the actual video, Marines.

http://marinecorpstimes.com/news/2009/10/marine_USAFrecruiting_101509w/

“The recruits wake up at 0445, and they start exercising around 0500,” an Air Force military training instructor says during the video. “The biggest misconception is that the Air Force is the easier of the four services, when actually, we are the hardest when it comes to PT standards. Our standards are higher, and we don’t have the 12 to 16 weeks to get them there like the Army and Marines do.”

The claim may allude to the Air Force’s new physical training standards, which will be put in place Jan. 1. Airmen will be required to take their PT tests twice a year instead of annually with a new weighed scoring system requiring faster run times and more push-ups and sit-ups to record a perfect scored. The Corps currently requires PT tests twice a year, but will cut back to once a year in 2010, with a Combat Fitness Test also held annually.

http://devildogfitness.com/images/marine-bulldog5.jpg

HurricaneRJ
10-15-09, 05:10 PM
Seems like the Air Force took some notes out of our playbook.

Rowdy1948
10-15-09, 05:11 PM
In better Shape you got to be kidding I'll laugh that off. Semper Fi.

echo3oscar1833
10-15-09, 05:20 PM
At first I watched it, and was a little aggravated, watched it a second time and laughed. :D

Osotogary
10-15-09, 05:55 PM
Of coarse my opinion in these matters may be taken with a grain of salt but after I reviewed the different boot camps, basic trainings, of all our Armed Forces I'd have to say that the Marine Corps prepares its' recruits faster and better for war than the other Armed Forces from the get go....from being a Poolie to becoming a Marine completing MCRD. What happens to a recruit after Boot Camp or Basic Training, as he or she is assigned to go into their specialized training, is another matter and I don't have a difinitive opinion based on any research. What I am saying is that if I had a son or daughter who wanted to join the Armed Forces, I'd recommend that they join the United States Marine Corps because I've seen their evolution process and how they prepare for war while praying for peace. The United States Marine Corps, thoughout their history, 233 and counting, has done nothing to dispell the nature of their very specialized history, traditions and martial preparedness.

sscjoe
10-15-09, 07:15 PM
Well, I saw people on pull-up bars and no one doing pull-ups.

Zulu 36
10-15-09, 08:08 PM
I just got off the phone with Daughter #1, a SSgt in the AF Reserves. We had already been talking off and on over the past week or so about the changes in the AF PFT, and she was less than enthusiastic about them. Underwhelmed?

I had her look at these AF links and I thought she was going to pop a vein she was laughing so hard. Her exact quote, "Harder than the Marines? You've got to be sh*tting me?" She said most of the girls (and some of the guys) in her flight would burst into tears if one of the TIs yelled at them, never mind having harder PT standards.

My daughter said the popular female AF activity at Ramstein AB was watching the Marine liaisons do their PT. She said the Marines did more PT just stretching and warming up than she remembers doing in an entire PT session in basic. She said there was no way the average AF male could have kept up with the Marines, although there were a couple of AF guys who did work out regularly with the Marines trying to improve themselves.

jetdawgg
10-15-09, 08:32 PM
We gotta keep in mind that we Marines are the measuring stick to all branches of the American Military Machine and more than likely beyond that:usmc:

Semper Fi

usmcmsf
10-15-09, 08:45 PM
They all looked happy. I didnt hear any instructors yellings, just a bunch of compliments and what not.

polizei
10-15-09, 08:50 PM
Ha, that's more than hilarious. The videos definitely made me laugh... I love how they make everything seem so difficult. They run that "confidence course" ONE time, and it looks to be about HALF the size of the Marine Corps confidence course. I know when I went through boot, we ran the confidence course for regular PT, and added runs, buddy carries, drags, etc. And we also had the Obstacle Course on top of that, which I ran twice.

And don't even get me started on the Crucible...oh man I would love to see those "recruits" do that. I would love to see a Marine Corps Drill Instructor go rip their heads off.

usmcmsf
10-15-09, 08:54 PM
I would love for the air force "recruits" to spend 1 entire day with a group of Marine Corps Drill Instructors, can you imagine?

usmcmsf
10-15-09, 08:58 PM
“The recruits wake up at 0445, and they start exercising around 0500,” an Air Force military training instructor says during the video. “The biggest misconception is that the Air Force is the easier of the four services, when actually, we are the hardest when it comes to PT standards. Our standards are higher, and we don’t have the 12 to 16 weeks to get them there like the Army and Marines do.”

The claim may allude to the Air Force’s new physical training standards, which will be put in place Jan. 1. Airmen will be required to take their PT tests twice a year instead of annually with a new weighed scoring system requiring faster run times and more push-ups and sit-ups to record a perfect scored. The Corps currently requires PT tests twice a year, but will cut back to once a year in 2010, with a Combat Fitness Test also held annually. "

--I guess they're gonna say Air force is better fitted for war when they leave training since they only have 6 weeks to do it. HAHAHA

commdog7
10-15-09, 09:22 PM
I like the AF used their shorter boot camp as an 'advantage'. Their boot camp has to be twice as hard as Marine boot camp because they have half the time to train their recruits.... how do they come up with this stuff? Maybe in theory, but definately not in reality.

SlatDogg
10-16-09, 01:39 AM
I'm going to don my blindfold and light up a cig as I step in front of the firing squad, but here it goes: I originally enlisted in the AF, did 2 1/2 years before I finally got sick of it. Some of the guys I served with were alright, but most were fat, lazy, and disgusting. I was lucky enough to find a loop hole when the AF got "over manned" and crossed over early and became a Marine. I did the old AF basic, but I can't imagine the new setup to be much more challenging. I had go through boot camp at Parris Island. The AF way doesn't measure up, not even close (and I received extra thrashings since the DI's quickly found out I used to be an airman)! I've been a Devil Dog ever since 2005 and haven't looked back since.

woodywood09
10-16-09, 08:11 AM
If nothing else you can get a pretty good laugh from that video........

Supersquishy
10-16-09, 08:31 AM
Is that Drill Instructor related to Obama?:sick:

commdog7
10-16-09, 08:48 AM
As posted by BR, the AF recruiting video that took a swing at Marines has been removed from the site after SMMC Kent found out about the video from some angry Marines. Check out the link to read the article and watch the video if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2009/10/airforce_video_pulled_101509w/

SlatDogg
10-16-09, 10:02 AM
I like how the video does its best not to show any fat bodies in the video, like they made sure that all the trainees were poster childs for the AF.

dhenderson88
10-16-09, 10:05 AM
The latest article that Sgt. Commdog7 posted says that the video has been removed, yet I can still click on the link and watch it.....what happened?

commdog7
10-16-09, 10:47 AM
The latest article that Sgt. Commdog7 posted says that the video has been removed, yet I can still click on the link and watch it.....what happened?

In the week 1 segment, they mentioned that the AF recruits were physically stronger than the Marine recruits upon graduation. That portion has since been removed. The week 1 segment has been replaced by another video that does not mention the Marines at all.

The link I recently posted contains the controversial video that was taken down.

thewookie
10-16-09, 10:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DgQ7t5yVPY

MontezumaCpl
10-16-09, 12:04 PM
HAH, do they really believe they can run with Devil Dogs? Maybe a friendly little competition with a forced march up Mt. Mutha will rock their world! :evilgrin:

jetdawgg
10-16-09, 12:38 PM
HAH, do they really believe they can run with Devil Dogs? Maybe a friendly little competition with a forced march up Mt. Mutha will rock their world! :evilgrin:

We will have to call it a 'Cake Walk' up the hill:D

dhenderson88
10-16-09, 12:45 PM
I applogize that I didn't make myself clear. I understand what happened in the video I meant what happened with them taking it down because I was able to watch the video where he says his thing about being more in shape than the Marines, I'll double check though maybe I was mistaking.

polizei
10-16-09, 12:50 PM
Funny, I know at Ft. Leonard Wood, Marines are in the lead in most things, certainly PT. We have most of the sports as well IIRC. And that's an Army base, though it houses all branches (all compete too).

The Army certainly doesn't like it how 700 Marines are better than their 40,000 soldiers. I guess the AF doesn't like it either, so they are trying to retaliate.

echo3oscar1833
10-16-09, 02:07 PM
Funny, I know at Ft. Leonard Wood, Marines are in the lead in most things, certainly PT. We have most of the sports as well IIRC. And that's an Army base, though it houses all branches (all compete too).

The Army certainly doesn't like it how 700 Marines are better than their 40,000 soldiers. I guess the AF doesn't like it either, so they are trying to retaliate.

Its because if gives them a warm fuzzy to say their better:D:banana:

10-16-09, 02:29 PM
Its because if gives them a warm fuzzy to say their better:D:banana:

It's Eagle, Globe, and Anchor envy. :usmc:

Lisa 23
10-16-09, 04:08 PM
Wannabes!

giveen
10-16-09, 04:39 PM
LOL, I told my boss about this, he is a retired Airman, and he just laughed.

BR34
10-16-09, 04:42 PM
LOL, I told my boss about this, he is a retired Airman, and he just laughed.

He laughed cause he's your boss. In his mind the AF got the last laugh.

Zing! :bunny:

giveen
10-16-09, 04:49 PM
Oh snap, lol

Zulu 36
10-16-09, 07:46 PM
My AF daughter is still giggling over the video.

I repeated the suggestion someone made of one day with Marine Drill Instructors, and the laughing started all over. She said she grew up with just a plain vanilla Marine Sergeant yelling and screaming, and knew there was no way AF recruits could handle a full fledged Marine DI for ten minutes, never mind a full day.

polizei
10-16-09, 09:09 PM
Hrmmm, I would like to see them do a field day...crushing the house for several hours and all the other crap we had to do. God I hated Sunday's.

StoneTheWeak
10-18-09, 11:58 PM
Hrmmm, I would like to see them do a field day...crushing the house for several hours and all the other crap we had to do. God I hated Sunday's.

SCUZ BRUSH THE BULKHEAD!