PDA

View Full Version : Now...no Respect At Arlington!!!

DocGreek
10-15-09, 03:44 PM
:evilgrin:...MSNBC reported that Arlington does NOT have an accurate list of who's buried, and WHERE!!!
They use paper forms, and NO computer controls!!...check it out on MSNBC!!.....:evilgrin:

Garyius
10-15-09, 04:45 PM
I hope they know where Spc McKinley is.

He was the soldier who died in the Idaho reactor accident and was buried in Arlington in a lead casket. Arlington was supposed to keep a no digging order out for the grave site.

Spears
10-15-09, 04:49 PM
wow, thats pretty bad, they need to get to work on that trash.

jetdawgg
10-15-09, 05:08 PM
wow, thats pretty bad, they need to get to work on that trash.

To add more (insult) to this, a Veteran Owned Company does not even do the care for Arlington. It is outsourced to some other type of company:usmc::sick:

bonedaddy0313
10-15-09, 06:11 PM
Since we're talking about Arlington Cemetary, let me add some fuel to the fire. I had the opportunity to visit last week while on vacation. Not only has it become an antiquated system, but let me tell what I witnessed on my visit. First, all the service jobs have been outsourced to people who speak broken english and treat you like your at the DMV. Then we have a tourist base (foreign and domestic) that visits and does not adhere to the simple guidelines of SILENCE and RESPECT,talking on their cell phones at the tomb of the Unkown Soldier,ect. Then, I took a good look at some of the headstones o people buried there, one in particular stuck me odd....there was a headstone for a "Civil Rights Advocate". Now call me old school, but that just doesn't sound right. I could go on, but I'll get off my soap box.....you get the picture!

Osotogary
10-15-09, 06:22 PM
Please bury me at sea. That way my family, friends, loved ones, can just point to the Atlantic Ocean and say, "That SOB is out here somewhere." (It would save gas costs and confusion reading the cemetary map to those who would wish to visit my plot.)

Ed Palmer
10-15-09, 06:33 PM
Please bury me at sea. That way my family, friends, loved ones, can just point to the Atlantic Ocean and say, "That SOB is out here somewhere." (It would save gas costs and confusion reading the cemetary map to those who would wish to visit my plot.)

What to do with Ed's ass when he croaks
Cremation

I respect anyone’s opinion on what they want for a final resting place.

But since I firmly believe that at the resurrection we will will be “issued” what we need, I really don’t care what you do with me. Since Friday is recycling day in my town, I figure you can just stuff me into one of the “ bags that we have to pay $2 for, and toss me into the heap.

For once I will let my taxes, and the local government, take care of me.

go with a gallon mason jar. insert ashes, add moonshine, eternity is all good baby.

I’ve got a good friend who wants his ashes mixed with douche powder so he can get cycled through one more time.

Osotogary
10-15-09, 06:40 PM
I’ve got a good friend who wants his ashes mixed with douche powder so he can get cycled through one more time.

What a terrific idea. Your friend might even prevent a rash...or cause one...whatever is his pleasure.

SgtThrasher
10-15-09, 10:17 PM
I hope they know where Spc McKinley is.

He was the soldier who died in the Idaho reactor accident and was buried in Arlington in a lead casket. Arlington was supposed to keep a no digging order out for the grave site.

Out of sight out of mind!

DocGreek
10-16-09, 12:00 AM
Cremation, and internment, courtesy of the V.A./U.S. Gubmint', with a burial flag, and the casings from my 100 gun salute, placed into a nice case, and presented to my son.
The American Legion will perform the ceremony, for a donation from me....$2.50...should cover it!!!
AND....I will REST in PEACE.....FINALLY!!!

sparkie
10-16-09, 06:00 AM
I was thinkin just have my ashes spread all over the carpet. As long as my wife is still walkin all over me, things can remain unchanged.

DocGreek
10-16-09, 06:43 AM
:D....SPARKIEEEE....that was EXCELLENT!!!!....:D

oldtop
10-16-09, 08:47 AM
DOC: The AL will do your ceremony for free..no donation required as long as you are a member. Never heard of the Legion charging anyone, or asking for a donation to perform a memorial ceremony at the gravesite.

DocGreek
10-16-09, 09:06 AM
TOP...the lady at the National Cremation Society was my source, SOOOOOO...
Better get with my Chapter to find out the REAL story!!...SEMPER FI, TOP....Doc Greek

awbrown1462
06-17-10, 10:13 PM
ARLINGTON, Va. -- Several discarded headstones recently discovered in a creek bed near Arlington National Cemetery have left Department of Defense officials scrambling for answers.
Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell called the discovery "alarming and concerning."
Pentagon officials as well as officials at the Arlington National Cemetery had no idea about the existence of the headstones until they were made aware by a Washington Post story (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2010/06/17/DI2010061702979.html).
Patrick Hallinan, the incoming superintendent of the hallowed cemetery, will be meeting with officials from the Army Corps of Engineers on Friday. The upcoming meeting (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/#) will "hopefully provide more clarity to the situation regarding the headstones in the creek bank," Kaitlin Horst, a spokeswoman for Arlington National Cemetery, told Fox News.
Arlington National Cemetery officials think the headstones were placed there to "prevent erosion on the creek bed," after being replaced and discarded, Horst said.
"It's important to the new management to take corrective action but also make sure removing the headstones doesn't destabilize the environment in any way," she said.
One of the headstones in question is inscribed with a cross with a circle around it, a style that was discontinued in the late 1980s, leading officials to believe some of these headstones may have been in that creek bed for several decades.
"This is not part of our current headstone disposal policy," said Horst.
The discovery is another black eye for the nation's (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/#) most sacred veterans cemetery, which recently was revealed to have mishandled more than 200 graves.

kenrobg30
06-18-10, 12:30 PM
I was thinkin just have my ashes spread all over the carpet. As long as my wife is still walkin all over me, things can remain unchanged.

That wouldn't work for me, Sparkie. My wife's a neat freak, so I'd be taking a ride in the vacuum cleaner, thirty seconds after the spreading ceremony. I want my ashes spread up in the woods, where my sons and I hunt, that way I know they'll visit me once a year. :evilgrin: S/F!!! Ken

redman1
06-18-10, 04:59 PM
This is pretty sad and its hard to believe but I guess its true. <br />
Don't really care what happens to me when I die <br />
If Karen dies before me I told her I was going to have her cremated and I was going...